+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Such a messy system they have .. wish she told you how to get their attention in such cases ( 7 emails from you and they never responded ‍♂)… I am waiting for eCOPR for 48 days now and tried every damn thing with no response or even though they responded to webform , they don’t seem to care the delay and can issue people eCOPRs the same day portal credentials are sent
Alright ! FINALLY i made it after a 48 days Long wait. Hang in tight everyone, wish you good luck! specially the last lot from May.

My Timeline :

AOR : Jan 19, 2021
First portal : May 24
Second Portal : May 28
eCOPR : July 15 !

Sania_19940707

Jun 23, 2021
Alright ! FINALLY i made it after a 48 days Long wait. Hang in tight everyone, wish you good luck! specially the last lot from May.

My Timeline :

Congratulation. Can you tell me which Visa office you got your 1st portal email from? It should be there in the subject of the email.

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Thanks a lot @mapple007 for your help. I hope they have right information, do you think I need to call them to confirm just in case? I really liked the information you have on your signature.
It wouldn’t hurt to call. Please let me know what they say! 5 bucks say they tell you it’s alright and if you aren’t sure, to submit an amendment form via mail.
As per my understanding, CoPR document is required when citizenship is applied (not sure if required for PR extension), so wouldn't it be worth giving a shot to have it corrected ? Would it create any issues in future when one needs to apply for citizenship ?

Even if it takes 6 months, it is now not stopping you to travel, change job or do anything else you want to do because PR card is received, just a thought.

Please share your views.
You brought up a great point, I think it’d be worth amending after the PR card is received, but for now, personally, it’s a problem for the far-in-the-future me to handle! See what legalfacon thinks below:
Usually these details are irrelevant for a citizenship application. All that matters is your complete name, date of birth, city and country of birth. However, you can request IRCC to amend the document so that it reflects an accurate description if your profile.

When you file a citizenship application, all IRCC will check is that you have a PR status, and that you have maintained the physical residency obligations, along with other eligibility, criminality and security checks pursuant to the Citizenship Act.

Reactions: paontario

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020

My Timeline :

CONGRATULATIONS Aishaadi! I promised myself I'll only stay for the good news on these forums since I've been driving myself mad all this while
So happy to hear that things worked out for you finally - you deserve it! :)

Reactions: Aishaadi

sarshar

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-04-2021
Med's Done....
06-05-2021
Would love to witness your reaction hearing another 6 months mentioned. Did you go ahead and submit the amendment form?

Edit: I personally will not amend the errors on my COPR. The COPR itself is a temporary document and prone to human errors, and when the PR card is produced, it will not contain the same information. It’s best you call IRCC to confirm that the information they actually have on you in their system is correct. Your PR card will be based on that information and not the COPR itself.
I believe the amendment exists as yet another bureaucratic formalities, but in the grand scheme of things, 6 months turnaround time really shows how meaningless the amendment is for any errors.
I was more shocked by the medieval way of sending amendment request through mail than the 6 months of processing time, which has become a baseline nowadays.
I assume since there is a very well explained documentation for this particular (and very common) human error, refraining from mailing the forms and documents to Ottawa will have consequences when we will be eligible for the citizenship.
It's clearly mentioned in the PR Portal:

Please make sure you review the information in this eCoPR and let IRCC know if there are any corrections needed.

Reactions: mapple007

Ron13

Star Member
Dec 1, 2020

My Timeline :

Congrats buddy! Happy that you're out of this mess.

Did you reach out to IRCC in any way and that helped?

yalink

Apr 17, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020
Hi folks!

I got my credentials for the portal yesterday and got my eCOPR today. What is the current timeline from eCOPR to the card delivery?

AOR: May 8, 2020

Reactions: Dchawla