+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
I was more shocked by the medieval way of sending amendment request through mail than the 6 months of processing time, which has become a baseline nowadays.
I assume since there is a very well explained documentation for this particular (and very common) human error, refraining from mailing the forms and documents to Ottawa will have consequences when we will be eligible for the citizenship.
It's clearly mentioned in the PR Portal:

Please make sure you review the information in this eCoPR and let IRCC know if there are any corrections needed.
It won’t be a legal issue if I don’t sign the COPR until I get my PR card, to my understanding. I’m okay without a new SIN or healthcare coverage, but for those who need them, how will they get them without putting themselves in legal trouble if they cannot sign the COPR to get the new SIN and new Health coverage for potentially months (the time it takes for PR card to be produced)?

All senior members like legalfalcon have said that these errors are very minor, and many have said they’ve forgone the amendment process and received the PR cards in the mail.

At the end of the day, these are just opinions and I agree with you to do the due bureaucratic obligations, but IRCC sure makes it feels like we’re stuck between a rock and a hard place with our hands and feet tied.

paontario

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
It wouldn’t hurt to call. Please let me know what they say! 5 bucks say they tell you it’s alright and if you aren’t sure, to submit an amendment form via mail.

You brought up a great point, I think it’d be worth amending after the PR card is received, but for now, personally, it’s a problem for the far-in-the-future me to handle! See what legalfacon thinks below:
Thanks @mapple007 for finding out that thread and great points from @legalfalcon.

Reactions: mapple007

Khad27

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
First email: 11 July
Portal confirmation: 12 July (sent information on same day)
eCOPR: 15 July

Vlu Osc

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: Dchawla

Emilyaaa

Jun 16, 2021
Congratulations, what did u put as subject line. I am waiting since may 24th I am thinking to send them email. Can you pls guide?
The same as we replied to the first portal email~ I think it might let them think I want to create a portal account, thus increase the rate that they actually read my email~

carlosmfr

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Could you please elaborate on this? I’ve seen senior members on this forum saying that these minor errors do not matter and they aren’t usually worth the hassle to amend. It appears 70% of people getting COPR are getting these errors so it just seems like IRCC are doing it on purpose. To amend, do you mean send a web form or go through the potentially long and tedious amendment process by physically mailing OSC the IMM1436 form? Please share your personal anecdotes as to how it’s easy to do, thank you!
It is not tedious, Just you can continue your normal life with the COPr you already have, but if you want everything is alright because later you will apply for citizenship and is good to have everything in order. On this website, you'll find information on how to do it, and the form is only 2 pages with simple questions.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Reactions: mapple007

tsc7

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
@tsc7
Surely, some of us are bound to obliviously meet on a random street one day and we may not know it, but we’ll share a very unique bond as not-so-strangers :D
Who knows.. we might meet but won't know that we are bonded by invisible VLU glue :p

• Haha
Reactions: mapple007 and AyZed

tsc7

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Hi folks!

I got my credentials for the portal yesterday and got my eCOPR today. What is the current timeline from eCOPR to the card delivery?

AOR: May 8, 2020
Congratulations. It varies from 2wks to several months . Do link your PR card application to CIC account to track the GU and progress.

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
I have sent a web form to IRCC regarding creating my account for doing the landing. I am waiting for the second email to send my photo and receive my COPR. I am so freacking anxious because I have almost 6 years without my wife and kids. sorry but getting so desperate:(.
So close, mate!! Just hang in there, get your 2nd shot of vaccination in the mean time and before you know it, off you are on your way to reunite with your family! It’s a hair’s breadth away now!

Reactions: Dchawla