+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Cheers to another day without COPRs, May folks! I have a gut feeling it’s going to be another couple of weeks for those of us stuck since May, and a couple weeks after that. I sense Victoria Day had a lot to do with this. Many officers likely used the opportunity to go on vacation and didn’t bother to clear the backlog once they were back in office. Word to the wise: those planning on submitting your declaration in the upcoming week (right before Canada day) might want to wait a week or 2 after Canada day to submit or you’ll likely end up with the same fate of having to suffer this eternal suspense.

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Cheers to another day without COPRs, May folks! I have a gut feeling it’s going to be another couple of weeks for those of us stuck since May, and a couple weeks after that. I sense Victoria Day had a lot to do with this. Many officers likely used the opportunity to go on vacation and didn’t bother to clear the backlog once they were back in office. Word to the wise: those planning on submitting your declaration in the upcoming week (right before Canada day) might want to wait a week or 2 after Canada day to submit or you’ll likely end up with the same fate of having to suffer this eternal suspense.
All the earlier weeks have been not as painful as this week, literally i can't sleep nor do my regular work ..This has been so awful.

Waiting since May 28, i know you have been waiting since May 20 ( over a month) :(

• Sad
Reactions: mapple007

SUMR

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
All the earlier weeks have been not as painful as this week, literally i can't sleep nor do my regular work ..This has been so awful.

Waiting since May 28, i know you have been waiting since May 20 ( over a month) :(
Same here... it becomes like a mental torture... I could not focus on work.. spend peaceful time with family, always in iritation... Dont know when this will end.

Reactions: SSGray

SUMR

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Could not imagine another couple of weeks.... My question is, if they are not ready to send that eCOPR, then why the heck they send the first email and credentials?

frtong

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Yes. You could try. I gave the copy of e-COPR and Ontario Photo id as the address proof. Within 2 minutes he gave me the Photo copy of OHIP and he told me that I can starting using it until I receive the OPHIP card through mail.

Do you know how long it will take to receive PR card ?
Thanks so much for the info. I just did walk-in and got the recepit of my health card. They told me that it may take 4-6 weeks to receive the card. Hopefully it will take shorter time. 4-6 weeks sounds kind of officical and standard.

aagraw

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hello guys… I received my eCOPR on 21st June. I linked my and my dependents application in my CIC account for PR card. I dont know if I needed to do that as i got my eCOPR via PR Portal. I was able to succesfully link the application for me and dependents and got 3 unique application in CIC account starting with R. Is this normal process?

vinay007

Jul 29, 2020
Guys I have issue with SIN application.
my eCOPR validity is until June 27. and by my mistake that I forgot to sign it my first SIN application was rejected.
On SIN online application, it says the PR document should be valid and if not we should reach to IRCC.
so should I contact IRCC to give me new eCOPR since in next two days it will be expired?
I know COPR doesn't have expiration in fact, but according to this note on SIN online portal what should I do?
Why don't you go to service Canada and apply it ASAP. IRCC will take ages.

frtong

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Why don't you go to service Canada and apply it ASAP. IRCC will take ages.
I got misled by the service Canada website. They clearly say they do not accept digital copies as primary documents and eCOPR should fall under this category. However, some posts here say that eCOPR is accepted. I already applied SIN online yesterday and may have to wait. Do you think I can go to service Canada still? Any idea?

lowley99

Jan 13, 2021
Hi guys,

I received my ECOPR on June 19, 2021.
I just want to confirm, do i have to submit another application for the PR card? Or do i just wait for the card in mail. Anymore steps i need to take?
Responses are very appreciated!