AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
CIC account doesn't get updated about PR card unless you link the PR card application to your account. If your question is about processing time, It all depends on the dates you submitted, VO. I'm from Etobicoke got e-copr on May 20. I don't see any GU also so far.
Thanks! :) When I tried doing so, it says "Based on the information you entered, we found no applications."
Do I just have to wait and try again later?

Also, when does the actual "Permanent Residency" application on the CIC account get updated? It's still showing as last updated in January for the medical exam lol

tsc7

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Oh wow.. Got me :D

In other news, finally received the COPR !! Been waiting since submitting address and photo on May 17th! I kept following up by email even though they didn't reply. Yesterday I replied saying I'm worried there may be an issue with my portal account so I just added address and photo info in the email.. and today they provided the COPR! Address has been accepted in the portal, while Photo is still in review.
Congratulations :)

Reactions: PrasadK

Slim1991

Star Member
May 17, 2019
PR Portal: May 27
Replied: May 28
Credentials Portal: June 2
Replied: Same day
ECoPR: June 7
Anyone knows the approximate times for PR card to arrive, recently? I wanna travel outside of Canada so badly :(
Yea, we understand but you ll have plenty of time to travel. People are still waiting for credentials and you already have your ecopr, that s amazing

Reactions: J20190911

Slim1991

Star Member
May 17, 2019
I chose option A but I specified that I had no dependent and it worked lol
I don t know what to think anymore lol.

I sent two emails, one with greeting and saying that neither option A or B are applicable because I have no other dependants, and one other email with no greeting, just with the template without any mention of option A or B.

I hope I didn t do anything wrong.

Slim1991

Star Member
May 17, 2019
anyway anybody knows what option A or B means in their letter? I assumed it was the two points they talked about mentionning the email addresses, etc

''Other dependant(s) included in your application, including a spouse/partner and dependants 18 years old or older at the time you applied for permanent residence, can either:
o Allow IRCC to create their account under your principal applicant account. You will then act on behalf of them.
or
o Give their own unique email address (e.g. gmail, hotmail, etc.) for IRCC to create a new account and complete the steps on their own.''

Am i right?

Rainbow2911

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Oh wow.. Got me :D

In other news, finally received the COPR !! Been waiting since submitting address and photo on May 17th! I kept following up by email even though they didn't reply. Yesterday I replied saying I'm worried there may be an issue with my portal account so I just added address and photo info in the email.. and today they provided the COPR! Address has been accepted in the portal, while Photo is still in review.
Which email did you send it to?

natoucha

Dec 7, 2020
I don t know what to think anymore lol.

I sent two emails, one with greeting and saying that neither option A or B are applicable because I have no other dependants, and one other email with no greeting, just with the template without any mention of option A or B.

I hope I didn t do anything wrong.
I think you did the right thing. I believe these options are either you want multiple accounts for yourself and your dependents or multiple profiles under one account

Slim1991

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Man what a stress...not even knowing if you did the right thing or not.

VO Montreal, email sent on the 5th, and I replied to the forwarded email of my rep on the 7th of June....I hope I get the credentials soon

My application has been going since April 2018 and finally the light at the end of the tunnel is near

YonazCharles

Jun 11, 2021
Just wanted to share my experience here:
- AOR received Feb 20, 2020.
- Biometrics appointment cancelled Mar 17, 2020 due to COVID19
- Biometrics appointment booked from IRCC end Oct 03, 2020
- Request for updated residential address Mar 31, 2021
- PR Confirmation Portal first email May 31, 2021 - sent requested details the same day.
- PR Confirmation Portal Credentials email Jun 11, 2021 - documents uploaded the same day.

Do NOT let people on here mislead you by providing stupid ideas - responding to the email for the portal or starting a fresh new email (which is what I did) will both work - don't listen to nonsense.

Is there a discrepancy in how they process these emails and requests? YES - it comes down to the case agent handling your file. Emailing them a few times does not necessarily speed up the process. If you've been waiting 12-14 months for this, you can hang in there for another 1-2 months (provided all your documents are in order and not expiring etc).

Best of luck to all

Slim1991

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Just wanted to share my experience here:
- AOR received Feb 20, 2020.
- Biometrics appointment cancelled Mar 17, 2020 due to COVID19
- Biometrics appointment booked from IRCC end Oct 03, 2020
- Request for updated residential address Mar 31, 2021
- PR Confirmation Portal first email May 31, 2021 - sent requested details the same day.
- PR Confirmation Portal Credentials email Jun 11, 2021 - documents uploaded the same day.

Do NOT let people on here mislead you by providing stupid ideas - responding to the email for the portal or starting a fresh new email (which is what I did) will both work - don't listen to nonsense.

Is there a discrepancy in how they process these emails and requests? YES - it comes down to the case agent handling your file. Emailing them a few times does not necessarily speed up the process. If you've been waiting 12-14 months for this, you can hang in there for another 1-2 months (provided all your documents are in order and not expiring etc).

Best of luck to all
The only stressfull thing is that my work permit application extension is still going on and I am married to a Canadian, s I still don t have my COPR, which is really all I need because I already live in Canada with my wife, so I can wait for the card. I am not travelling anytime soon.

Let s hope for the best and be grateful

Reactions: YonazCharles

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
People, are we sure that the applications are ready for CoPRs? Maybe they are sending the emails just to save up some processing time.
Yes. I got my GCMS notes yesterday. The application showed as « APPROVED » with all stages passed since 15 May. Got the 1st portal email on 19 May and the 2nd on 20 May.

Reactions: 4zans