+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

jasbir101

May 4, 2022
Request guidance on the situation below.

I am the primary applicant who applied for PR in the CEC class (inland) and currently reside in Canada on a work permit with my dependent child. My husband is the dependent applicant and he lives in the USA.

I received instruction letter that has my name(Primary applicant) and instructs me to submit my passport and/or dependent passports to VAC Newyork.

I have not received the email that is commonly referred to as (portal email 1). I was expecting that I would receive an email to confirm if we are in Canada as I and my child are inland applicants and my spouse would get instruction request letter to submit his passport to VAC.

Please guide me on what needs to be done.

Option 1
Do I need to travel outside Canada and submit my passport along with my child and husband's passport to VAC New York? I am fine to travel outside Canada but I want to make sure that I can get a COPR and PR visa and be able to travel back to Canada. Please note I applied for PR as CEC(inland)

OR

Option 2
My husband who is a dependent applicant has to send his passport only to VAC New York and I will be getting emails 1 and 2 (portal invite) to confirm I am in Canada. And then I can apply for ECOPR for me and my daughter as we are residing in Canada

Last edited:

PR666

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
Hi all, Please see my timeline below,
1. AOR - May 12th (CEC Inland Single applicant)
2. Final Decision - Oct 4th
3. Portal 1 - Oct 5th (replied same day)
4. Portal 2 - Oct 10th (responded back same day)
5. Ecopr - Nov 7th (Got email around 1 pm EST)
6. VO - Etobicoke
7. PR Card - Waiting
can you post what is your copr expiration date? thanks man

Seej

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Request guidance on the situation below.

I am the primary applicant who applied for PR in the CEC class (inland) and currently reside in Canada on a work permit with my dependent child. My husband is the dependent applicant and he lives in the USA.

I received instruction letter that has my name(Primary applicant) and instructs me to submit my passport and/or dependent passports to VAC Newyork.

I have not received the email that is commonly referred to as (portal email 1). I was expecting that I would receive an email to confirm if we are in Canada as I and my child are inland applicants and my spouse would get instruction request letter to submit his passport to VAC.

Please guide me on what needs to be done.

Option 1
Do I need to travel outside Canada and submit my passport along with my child and husband's passport to VAC New York? I am fine to travel outside Canada but I want to make sure that I can get a COPR and PR visa and be able to travel back to Canada. Please note I applied for PR as CEC(inland)

OR

Option 2
My husband who is a dependent applicant has to send his passport only to VAC New York and I will be getting emails 1 and 2 (portal invite) to confirm I am in Canada. And then I can apply for ECOPR for me and my daughter as we are residing in Canada
How long ago did you get ppr, got mine the 25th of September and Portal 1 27tg of September

nani_drk

Sep 6, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Portal 1 - 28 Aug (replied on same day)
Portal 2 - 11 Sep (replied on same day)
eCOPR - waiting
eCOPR validity - Jul 2024

Did any from this timeline still waiting for their eCOPR? Little background - I first received my portal email on 24 Aug, when I checked the document it was someone else's information and not mine. So I email back to IRCC that attached document does not belong to me. Later on 28 Aug they sent portal 1 email with correct details.

I recently received a letter from Canada Immigration apologizing for privacy breach of personal information. Looks like someone else's came to me and mine went to them.

I am worried that I didn't get a decision yet and if its because of data breach. The letter has email id of the Privacy Commissioner stated complaints can be email to him/her. Do you think I need to email them about this and delays?

zanakam

Star Member
Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hello everyone,
something weird happened to me, I am the main applicant for CEC(my wife is dependent on my application).
both me and my wife received the COPR email, does this mean we should both reply to the email, or is it enough for me to reply?! is it normal?

chenkmuruki

Aug 4, 2023
Hello everyone,
something weird happened to me, I am the main applicant for CEC(my wife is dependent on my application).
both me and my wife received the COPR email, does this mean we should both reply to the email, or is it enough for me to reply?! is it normal?
in the attached pdf with instruction you should find the following:

In your reply to this email, copy and paste the template below and fill in the information for yourself and for each member of your family (if applicable).

so, you can send only one email with your and your family members details

Reactions: mrarif

Singhaa89

May 25, 2023
Hello everyone,
I don't think it's weird, we got 2 emails as well both on mine and my wife's email addresses. We responded twice with the same details. Just so that IRCC has no grounds for any refusal or delay. In both the emails, clearly mention who is the primary applicant and who are the dependents.

Reactions: Seej and zanakam

Dutchie1

Jul 18, 2023
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Yes
Finally!
AOR May 25th, 2023
CEC Inland
P1 September 13th, 2023
P2 September 20th, 2023
ECOPR November 17th, 2023
Good luck all and hope our cards come in soon!

Reactions: Seej

psyduck

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Portal 1 - 28 Aug (replied on same day)
Portal 2 - 11 Sep (replied on same day)
eCOPR - waiting
eCOPR validity - Jul 2024

Did any from this timeline still waiting for their eCOPR? Little background - I first received my portal email on 24 Aug, when I checked the document it was someone else's information and not mine. So I email back to IRCC that attached document does not belong to me. Later on 28 Aug they sent portal 1 email with correct details.

I recently received a letter from Canada Immigration apologizing for privacy breach of personal information. Looks like someone else's came to me and mine went to them.

I am worried that I didn't get a decision yet and if its because of data breach. The letter has email id of the Privacy Commissioner stated complaints can be email to him/her. Do you think I need to email them about this and delays?
We almost have the same timeline. Just a day apart. Still waiting for ecopr at this moment.
VO-montreal.