+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

amir1993

Dec 23, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question:
I received my eCoPR on the 22nd of Feb, and I uploaded my photo and address on the same day. It's almost 3 months, and my photo and address status is still under review. Would you be able to tell me how long I should wait to get approval? When should I expect to receive my PR card?

apple_user

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
How do I know that I got ECOPR? I got email saying PR Portal (PR Confirmation) and I submitted my photo and address on the PR portal and it’s been more than 3 weeks and it still says under review with IRCC.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
How do I know that I got ECOPR? I got email saying PR Portal (PR Confirmation) and I submitted my photo and address on the PR portal and it’s been more than 3 weeks and it still says under review with IRCC.
In the PR portal, below your submitted portal there is eCoPR, if its available for download. In case if its not there, reply to the same IRCC email which confirmed your PR portal, asking about eCoPR.

Reactions: apple_user

ab995

Jul 9, 2018
Is anyone else waiting for their e-CoPR after uploading address and photo on the landing portal. I did it 20 days ago and still did not receive it. :/
Landing unit: Etobicoke

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Yes it is. My address changed to verified after about 2 weeks. Photo still says in review and still waiting for the card. Based on this thread, it takes anywhere between 2 - 6 weeks these days for the card to be delivered after eCOPR
Hello you got your pr card ? And your photo changed to accepted ? Or just the address ? Thanks

recent_grad

Star Member
Dec 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone, I'd really appreciate an advice on my situation:

Last week I received the PR approval email, which asks to either confirm that I’m in Canada or provide the expected return date. I’m currently traveling outside of Canada and will be returning on June 5th. Do you guys think it makes more sense to respond to this email once I'm back in Canada (in order to avoid potential delays), or is it fine to respond now?

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
Hi everyone, I'd really appreciate an advice on my situation:

Last week I received the PR approval email, which asks to either confirm that I’m in Canada or provide the expected return date. I’m currently traveling outside of Canada and will be returning on June 5th. Do you guys think it makes more sense to respond to this email once I'm back in Canada (in order to avoid potential delays), or is it fine to respond now?
The only question is if you are issued eCoPR then all your TRV are terminated. Even if you can take flight back to Canada, most likely officer would know about your status. There are some stories on Canadavisaforum where people travelled back on TRV, shown the eCoPR and described their situation to the officer. But I personally feel its bit risky. Better return PRTD then, rather than TRV.

OCanada!

Apr 11, 2022
Hello you got your pr card ? And your photo changed to accepted ? Or just the address ? Thanks
Just got the card today in the mail. Took 5 days from the day it was shipped including the weekend. So pretty fast. Photo still says in review in the portal fwiw.

April 20th: eCOPR
Card shipped: May 12th
Card arrived: May 17th

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Just got the card today in the mail. Took 5 days from the day it was shipped including the weekend. So pretty fast. Photo still says in review in the portal fwiw.

Congratulations , how did you know that its shipped?

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021

Congrats. I think you saw these updates on gckey. So do you know gckey gets updated only after card is shipped? Or when it goes in/comes out of production. I linked my application in gckey on May 10, 2022 when i received eCoPR. on May 11, 2022 I saw a ghost update.

OCanada!

Apr 11, 2022
Congrats. I think you saw these updates on gckey. So do you know gckey gets updated only after card is shipped? Or when it goes in/comes out of production. I linked my application in gckey on May 10, 2022 when i received eCoPR. on May 11, 2022 I saw a ghost update.
I saw first ghost update about a week or so after eCOPR. There was no other update as some others have seen - directly the shipping update and CIC status changed to "Approved"