+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Hi , Today I received IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email , requesting all basic details. I have hired services of immigration consultant for the PR application processing and since his email was is linked with the case ID he received the portal confirmation email. He has forwarded me the email and I have send the response from my personal ID. I would like to understand if anyone is in similar situation ?

I would like to know does the response to the portal email should be done by my immigration consultant as original email was received on his email ID OR should I respond from my personal ID ?

• Love
Reactions: JSF

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Hi , Today I received IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email , requesting all basic details. I have hired services of immigration consultant for the PR application processing and since his email was is linked with the case ID he received the portal confirmation email. He has forwarded me the email and I have send the response from my personal ID. I would like to understand if anyone is in similar situation ?

I would like to know does the response to the portal email should be done by my immigration consultant as original email was received on his email ID OR should I respond from my personal ID ?
It must be done by you. I think in the email it states if you are consultant or lawyer, forward the email to applicant and he should send the basic info.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
I got the pr card today by mail for both my spouse and kid. Mine is but pending. I had received the ECOPR on March 14, 2022. This was faster than I expected:) but didn’t get any rejection mail on photo for me, still don’t know why mine is pending.
Hi Li
Hi
When you were able to link your portal account with GCKey account. I tried but not able to do so, my photo is still in review
I have taken help from immigration consultant for PR application. In this situation do I need to link my portal account with GCKey account ? If yes can you please let me know the procedure ? Is it mandatory to link the GCKEY account to Portal account ?

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Hi Li

I have taken help from immigration consultant for PR application. In this situation do I need to link my portal account with GCKey account ? If yes can you please let me know the procedure ? Is it mandatory to link the GCKEY account to Portal account ?
it is not mandatory as far as i know. However, it helps you with the status update from their side. when IRCC will approve your PR card application you will get the status update and also another notification when they mail your PR card to you.
Ask you agent to link your CIC account with your PR portal account

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020

I also have a representative. They forwarded me the confirmation email, and I replied to it myself. It MUST be done by the applicant.
You don't have to link your portal account to your GCKEY account. I never did it. I got my PR Card 2 weeks ago, so everything worked out just fine.

Reactions: erwin2020

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
I also have a representative. They forwarded me the confirmation email, and I replied to it myself. It MUST be done by the applicant.
You don't have to link your portal account to your GCKEY account. I never did it. I got my PR Card 2 weeks ago, so everything worked out just fine.
How long did it take to get pr card after copr?

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Important question

I got my ECPOR , my wife outside Canada and i add her on my file , and her file is transferred to visa office , but under dependents they didn't put her name , is that normal ? But they put my martial status as married

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
Guys are Really need some URGENT HELP. Today I received my portal credentials. They have messed up big time. They have tagged my wife's UCI with my name . There is not option to edit the name and move forward with the case. Can you please let me know what should I do. I tried calling 100+ time to IRCC helpline but they are busy. Completely clueless and frustrated with the entire process. Please let me know if anyone knows a way around this situation.

I have 3 entries my in portal email.
1st - My wife's UCI but my name is tagged with this UCI same
2nd - MY UCI and MY name is tagged with this UCI
3rd - MY daughter's UCI with correct name

Please let me know , if anyone on this forum faced this kind of issue. If yes then what is the process of rectifying this issue?

Last edited:

JSF

Jul 15, 2021
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Guys are Really need some URGENT HELP. Today I received my portal credentials. They have messed up big time. They have tagged my wife's UCI with my name . There is not option to edit the name and move forward with the case. Can you please let me know what should I do. I tried calling 100+ time to IRCC helpline but they are busy. Completely clueless and frustrated with the entire process. Please let me know if anyone knows a way around this situation.

I have 3 entries my in portal email.
1st - My wife's UCI but my name is tagged with this UCI same
2nd - MY UCI and MY name is tagged with this UCI
3rd - MY daughter's UCI with correct name
I guess you can reply to the same email where you sent your information explaining the issue. They read those e-mails and might be able to help.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
I guess you can reply to the same email where you sent your information explaining the issue. They read those e-mails and might be able to help.
I have responded already. I am concerned because they have given only 7 days to reply . Its very simple technical issue and after going through so much pain I refuse to still suffer through this due to stupid backend technical issues . I mean how careless people are when they work on our applications. Its really perthitic. I thought finally something good will happen but I guess I still have suffer through a lot to get the final confirmation.

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
@legalfalcon I really need your help on this one. Today I received portal credentials today and UCI Number and Name is not matching for my wife. Portal has an entry made with My wife's UCI but My name is updated against the same. This is wrong and I can't edit the information like UCI & name on the portal. With this I can't proceed forward with next step. How should I get it fixed ? Customer centered is not picking up calls. I already replied to portal email again asking them to correct the same but no response yet.

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the PR card once IRCC updates the status "Approved" and "your card is mailed". I will appreciate if you can share your timeline - just for card mailing duration

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I really need your help on this one. Today I received portal credentials today and UCI Number and Name is not matching for my wife. Portal has an entry made with My wife's UCI but My name is updated against the same. This is wrong and I can't edit the information like UCI & name on the portal. With this I can't proceed forward with next step. How should I get it fixed ? Customer centered is not picking up calls. I already replied to portal email again asking them to correct the same but no response yet.
Send a web form or call. You will just have to wait it out.