+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

gp@cad

May 27, 2020
Hi everyone,
I received my confirmation email on 24th March and replied with all details on 25th March. Received my portal on 28th March and submitted all the details on the same day itself.
I’m still waiting for eCOPR. Is there anyone with similar timeline? How many days does it take to receive eCOPR?
I have family medical emergency back home and need to travel as early as possible. Is there any way to contact IRCC other than the helpline number?
Any kind of help or information would be greatly appreciated.

gp@cad

May 27, 2020
My VO was Ottawa, but the COPR came from Etobicoke VO.
Hi ,
I received my confirmation email on 24th March and replied with all details on 25th March. Received my portal on 28th March and submitted all the details on the same day itself.
I’m still waiting for eCOPR. Is there anyone with similar timeline? How many days does it take to receive eCOPR?
I have family medical emergency back home and need to travel as early as possible. Is there any way to contact IRCC other than the helpline number?
Any kind of help or information would be greatly appreciated.

KHHU

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
1. When did you receive an email asking for information? March 11th 2022
2. When did you receive your log in details for the portal? March 14th 2022
3. When did you declare your presence in Canada, updated the address and uploaded a picture on the portal? March 14th 2022
4. When did you receive ECOPR? Not yet
5. What is the VO? Dont Know (I am currently in BC)
6. When did you receive your PR card in the mail? Not yet.

mitwa1990

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
NOC Code......
Hi,

I have a very important question to ask here.

I got an email to to start the confirmation process through PR Portal where I had to reply some details in the email to the IRCC Etobicoke regarding my first entry, recent entry and if I am in Canada.

I sent my reply yesterday and waiting to get the credentials for PR Portal.

My question is:
I am traveling to U.S. on Wednesday April 7th and will be back on Sunday April 10th.
If I do recieve credentials emails before I leave for U.S. should I login and add all the information on the portal before I leave? Or should I do it once I am back from my travel.

Or should I send another email to the IRCC Etobicoke regarding my situation?

Please any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Hi,

I also want to travel to USA for 3 days from 1st May to 4th May. I have sent my information on the PR approval email and yet to receive the portal email. Let's say I receive the portal email and waiting for eCOPR. What should I do? Should I travel to USA? What if I receive my eCOPR while in USA? Also, should I do email them once again with updated entry date after I travel back?

How did you manage?
P.S: I received my approval email from Etobicoke too.

anuraagmishra

Jun 6, 2017
My wife landed on March 15 using the internal portal and we have the eCoPR. But our address has changed since we landed. I have submitted the new address using the CIC website and its updated there but not on the https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/. I am not sure what needs to be done to update it here. We updated the photos a couple time as it was rejected but now its stuck and no updates in 2 weeks. Need to know what we need to do to get someone to acknowledge what is wrong. I have sent a message to CIC as well using the inland online portal but its been a week and no updates yet. Any advise?

OCanada!

Apr 11, 2022
I received my eCOPR and today my cic status is also updated to Approved but still, I am not able to link my portal account with cic account.
I select "Permanent Resident Card" under the category and tried all the combinations.

Any suggestions that you have tried and worked for you to link both the accounts.

Thanks
Received my eCOPR today and was able to link mine but not my spouse's. One thing to note is Application Number for PR card is not the same as your application number on the eCOPR (in case you're trying with that). So don't choose Application Number option from the dropdown. I had better luck with name, last name and dob combo. In my spouse's case that didn't work either.

Also make sure you are entering the place of birth exactly at it's in your passport (even though eCOPR may have shortened it). Alternatively, you can call IRCC and get your application number for your PR card and then try to link using that.

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Received my eCOPR today and was able to link mine but not my spouse's. One thing to note is Application Number for PR card is not the same as your application number on the eCOPR (in case you're trying with that). So don't choose Application Number option from the dropdown. I had better luck with name, last name and dob combo. In my spouse's case that didn't work either.
Congratulations.
I was able to link later. Actually, in place of birth field , you need to input what is exactly in your passport.
In my case it was
<city name>, <state name>

OCanada!

Apr 11, 2022
Congratulations.
I was able to link later. Actually, in place of birth field , you need to input what is exactly in your passport.
In my case it was
<city name>, <state name>
oh haha, looks like it all worked out then, that's great! Congrats - did you get your PR photos approved yet?

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
oh haha, looks like it all worked out then, that's great! Congrats - did you get your PR photos approved yet?
No, but I received this email as enquired about something else.

" The status of your Photo in the portal will remain at Ready for Review until the PR Card status is updated to Sent to Client or sent to IRCC. At this time, IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the COVID-19. As a result, there will be significant delays in processing the high volume of first time PR card applications. Therefore, we are unable to provide an approximate timeline of the production and distribution of the cards. However, please be assured that we are doing everything possible to complete the PR card process for our clients. "

Also in this email they confirmed that Card has been sent to production. I am not sure how should I take this status, it is like sent for printing (means photos are OK) or something else.

Reactions: Naz786

OCanada!

Apr 11, 2022
No, but I received this email as enquired about something else.

" The status of your Photo in the portal will remain at Ready for Review until the PR Card status is updated to Sent to Client or sent to IRCC. At this time, IRCC has currently reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the COVID-19. As a result, there will be significant delays in processing the high volume of first time PR card applications. Therefore, we are unable to provide an approximate timeline of the production and distribution of the cards. However, please be assured that we are doing everything possible to complete the PR card process for our clients. "

Also in this email they confirmed that Card has been sent to production. I am not sure how should I take this status, it is like sent for printing (means photos are OK) or something else.
That's great, that means you should receive it in the next few days. Keep us posted