+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

Maxmnp1996

Oct 6, 2021
Hello I got my ecopr but I’m not able to upload a photo it showing me a warning pixel range not matching and too bright or too dark can anyone please help.

Kks333

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Does anybody know this photo pixel thing is new..? When I uploaded first and reuploaded picture on Nov 16, there was nothing like this..! Just to upload the photo and it automatically replaced the first photo which they rejected…?

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
hey guys, UPDATE-
I got my Pr card last Wednesday 24 november. The Portal still says PR card photo in review. I emailed IRCC regarding status about my pR card photo. My PR card photo got rejected on 9 Nov. They emailed me back stating " my pr card was shipped on 18 nov and should be arriving anytime".
That’s good to hear that you received your PR card . For us, we reuploaded new photo on Nov 11 and still no update until now. Did you received an email about an update to your gckey portal?

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hello I got my ecopr but I’m not able to upload a photo it showing me a warning pixel range not matching and too bright or too dark can anyone please help.
Same issue, take a new photo for the brightness issue, it should fix it. But for pixel issue i have no clue. So I spent 200 cad at 5 different studios to get different pixel resolution pictures and I get the same issue again and again. So what I did was, I changed the resolution to 4200 x 3000 pixels. You can do this online. Then it takes the picture. This is a technical issue not in our hands. How did you get ecopr without uploading photos? Thanks let me know if you are able to fix it. Im losing my mind

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hey guys do you use the blue crop lines to fit your face in the circle and chin touch to line of green circle? Will this change the size of photo? Do we need to crop it if if already get the right size photo taken? Thanks!

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Virtual Landing Unit / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
Just over two weeks for me. Received first email on Nov 11, but have not received any login info yet. You aren't alone, there are several others who have posted with similar wait times. Is your VO Ottawa (VLU)?
Just got my login credentials! 17 days since I got the first email.

Reactions: Ang14 and SimieR

ritpr

Nov 28, 2021
Hey guys do you use the blue crop lines to fit your face in the circle and chin touch to line of green circle? Will this change the size of photo? Do we need to crop it if if already get the right size photo taken? Thanks!
I think this cropping of image is a new thing, I confirmed with my friends who recently got PR and they didn't see the crop tool.
So, you are correct the pics that you get done from outside might lower the size of the pic from the minimum required.

I was also seeing the same issue for the pic size, so scaled the image to about 2400X3600 and then cropped it; the resulting image was good to be uploaded and didn't see the error anymore; though the colour pic that I was uploading turned into B&W; I think that won't be an issue, since it's done on the portal side and b&w pics are also valid.

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
I think this cropping of image is a new thing, I confirmed with my friends who recently got PR and they didn't see the crop tool.
So, you are correct the pics that you get done from outside might lower the size of the pic from the minimum required.

I was also seeing the same issue for the pic size, so scaled the image to about 2400X3600 and then cropped it; the resulting image was good to be uploaded and didn't see the error anymore; though the colour pic that I was uploading turned into B&W; I think that won't be an issue, since it's done on the portal side and b&w pics are also valid.
Thank you so much for confirming this! In your opinion should I use crop tool (the blue and green lines) to crop it or should I submit it as it is. Mine are B and W as well.

ritpr

Nov 28, 2021
Thank you so much for confirming this! In your opinion should I use crop tool (the blue and green lines) to crop it or should I submit it as it is. Mine are B and W as well.
Yes, crop and then submit.
Don't submit till there are errors on the page.

Since you already have pics having resolution of 3000X4200 pixels; when you'll crop the it on the portal, resulting pic will be more than the minimum required resolution of 1280X1600.
I had to reduce the pic resolution to 2400X3600 so that the pic can be less than 5 mb.

Last edited:

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Yes, crop and then submit.
Don't submit till there are errors on the page.

Since you already have pics having resolution of 3000X4200 pixels; when you'll crop the it on the portal, resulting pic will be more than the minimum required resolution of 1280X1600.
I had to reduce the pic resolution to 2400X3600 so that the pic can be less than 5 mb.
When I don't crop it and with 3000x4200 pixel size, it takes it in. ( it takes it in even with cropping it). Any other resolution and it gives me an error. It takes the pic whether I crop it or not. And changing pixel resolution didn't change the dimensions on my photo. It stayed the same. Can you confirm yours did too? Thank again for all the feedback, its very helpful and I appreciate it!

ritpr

Nov 28, 2021
When I don't crop it and with 3000x4200 pixel size, it takes it in. ( it takes it in even with cropping it). Any other resolution and it gives me an error. It takes the pic whether I crop it or not. And changing pixel resolution didn't change the dimensions on my photo. It stayed the same. Can you confirm yours did too? Thank again for all the feedback, its very helpful and I appreciate it!
I used the tool and cropped the pic and then submitted.
Before submitting make sure, that there are no errors on brightness and pixel size. All the best.

Ang14

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
I used the tool and cropped the pic and then submitted.
Before submitting make sure, that there are no errors on brightness and pixel size. All the best.
Thanks! Ill crop the pic till my chin touches the green circle lol don't know why they do this stuff. Thanks again! And goodluck!

Muhammad Shahrukh

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
hey guys, UPDATE-
I got my Pr card last Wednesday 24 november. The Portal still says PR card photo in review. I emailed IRCC regarding status about my pR card photo. My PR card photo got rejected on 9 Nov. They emailed me back stating " my pr card was shipped on 18 nov and should be arriving anytime".
Hi did you used webform to contact them?