+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Hi Guys,

I booked a flight to my home country for the next week. I have a valid visa , but as far as I know, I am not able to use it because my PR is approved now.

Is it risky to leavr Canada without the PR card and ask a friend to bring it for me once it is mailed to my Canadian address?
Correct, your visa is not longer valid if you got your COPR.
If you trust your friend. No problem.
Now, I wouldn’t trust the IRCC. Some people have waited for months for their PR Card

Reactions: Moien

dvbalu

Apr 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-03-2021
AOR Received.
30-03-2021
Hello, I got eCOPR on 17th September and still waiting for my PR card. I had to travel back to my home country in October end. In current situation unsure how long IRCC would take to mail the PR card. Both Address and Photo are still in review with IRCC since 17th September. I want to apply for PRTD, need expertise help, 1) Can I pay the fee online and submit passport and relavent documents with no passport request from IRCC? 2) Do I need to inform IRCC before applying PRTD or can I directly submit the documents to vfs for stamping? Need your suggestion how I can proceed to get my PRTD to travel Canada.

MRQ

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
Hey everyone, I am getting worried now. I have received the email for Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal 5 times since 4th of November and I replied like with 5 minutes I received it, verified the information its correct. tried to reach out to customer care no response. any suggestions guys??
Hi any news about your portal access

Moien

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Correct, your visa is not longer valid if you got your COPR.
If you trust your friend. No problem.
Now, I wouldn’t trust the IRCC. Some people have waited for months for their PR Card
Thanks!
You are right !
I should not count on IRCC timeline. I have changed my travel plan

Kay.ess

Oct 12, 2021
Are you applying for solemn declaration?
What is VO?
What kind of responses did you get from calls and emails?
I am waiting from June 18.
The response from the agents on call is always that they are prioritising Afghanistan situation + they say the processing times on the website are not accurate.
I haven’t applied for solemn declaration yet. Doesn’t it have to be applied after no response for 180 days from the date of application/eCopr?

Bill07007

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
The response from the agents on call is always that they are prioritising Afghanistan situation + they say the processing times on the website are not accurate.
I haven’t applied for solemn declaration yet. Doesn’t it have to be applied after no response for 180 days from the date of application/eCopr?
The website says you can apply after 6 weeks more than processing time.
Have a look.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html

Reactions: Rahul_Ram1008

Bill07007

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Have you linked your PR Card application to your GCKey account?
if it has not been mailes… there is no need to do the solemn declaration yet
I have linked my pr card profile to gckey. Its not mailed. But the website says you can apply after 6 weeks more than processing time.
What would you advice? Its 150 days now.

Eric P

May 8, 2021
Waiting for eCopr since Nov 5. Anyone has suggestions on what I can do? I waited for the portal credential for 4 month and I don't want to wait anymore.

Rdon

Nov 9, 2021
Hello all, I need some expert advice regarding my application. I applied for cec in April and got portal request by email on November 7. I replied to it immediately but now I have got a reminder and I replied to that as well. Looking at forums, I see that many people are having this issue. I need to travel to my home country in December and come back in January. I was wondering if I can do so since I have a valid work permit and visa until November 2022. For example, I get login credentials by Nov end and I dont update the portal so would this help delaying my pr process so i can enter the country again on my work permit?
Thanks to everyone in advance and I cannot delay my trip since I'm getting married and all reservations have been made.

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Hello all, I need some expert advice regarding my application. I applied for cec in April and got portal request by email on November 7. I replied to it immediately but now I have got a reminder and I replied to that as well. Looking at forums, I see that many people are having this issue. I need to travel to my home country in December and come back in January. I was wondering if I can do so since I have a valid work permit and visa until November 2022. For example, I get login credentials by Nov end and I dont update the portal so would this help delaying my pr process so i can enter the country again on my work permit?
Thanks to everyone in advance and I cannot delay my trip since I'm getting married and all reservations have been made.
As long as you don’t receive your COPR you can keep using your current documents.
There is a timeline for you to update what they ask you on the portal. It will say in the email they send you to confirm. You can write them and let them know you will be out of Canada. And they will put your application ion hold until you come back and let them know.
If you get married before you get your COPR you will need to update IRCC about the change. They will ask you some extra documentation about your wife.