+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

abelsamjo4

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Submitted all information on portal on July 6 and nothing yet. My work permit expires this month what should I do? I already emailed and called no response.
Try sending an email to the same address from which you got the portal credentials explaining your situation. It worked for me, even though, my work permit was expiring in 2 months. I didn’t get any reply from them but, got my eCoPR in the portal within 2 days.

SaberHQ

Aug 24, 2021
Advice for those waiting for e-COPR after submitting credentials.

Keep emailing them. I emailed them 3 times in 1 day, 2wice another day and then sent about 2-3 webforms too> I hope that helps!
Why you are suggesting ppl to do this. At least wait a couple days or a week. Many people receive their credential email 1/2 days after the first email. There is no need to send like 10 emails in one day. It might also slow down others processing time. Imagine everyone doing the same thing.

jashnishad1

Jul 26, 2017
PR Card received !!!!!

Thanks to everyone for being supportive and informative during the whole process. This forum is a great help and I wish you all a speedy completion of PR process.

Here's my complete timeline

AR- Aug. 2019
AOR- Aug. 2019
Upfront Medical passed: Apr 30, 2021
Security, Eligibility Passed Status by Agent: June 01, 2021
Ready for Visa Email for Outland spouse: July 08
Passport submitted via VFS: July 12
PR Portal Email 1: July 08
Portal login details received: July 09
Uploaded Photo and address: July 10
eCOPR: July 13 (Etobicoke)
PR card application linked: Jul 14
GU 1: July 23
App. Approved; Aug 02 and card mailed
PR Card received: Aug. 05 (from CPC Sydney via regular Canada Post)
Hello, is your spouse from India? If yes, How did you submit passport to VFS?

SaberHQ

Aug 24, 2021
Hey everyone,

I wonder if linking the PR Card application to GC Key account is a necessary step? Are there anyone who got their PR Card without linking their account?

I received my eCOPR on June 18th but didn't know about this account linking thing until a week ago. I linked my account on August 23rd. Still waiting for PR Card.

Now, in my gc key account, my PR Card application shows submitted on August 23rd! But when I click more details, it shows that they received my application on June 21st.

andreslva

Nov 7, 2019
MEXICO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
I tried registering the account myself after I didn’t got the email. Worked for me! I still didn’t get the email.I

Idk man, it’s upto you! If nothing works then I guess you should totally try registering yourself. Worked for many people
Hello,
on August 8th this year we received a "Reminder" for the portal (2 days after the first email) ... not knowing what to do we created an account in the portal... but we couldn't see anything....

We let the time pass by and we never received a 2nd email with the credential.... After reading the post above and just by curiosity we logged into the portal and there it was.. the option the upload the photos, etc.... (8:00 Hrs) ... we did so and some hours later we received the eCopr....

We linked the PR card application in the CIC site and we're now waiting for the physical card..... finally... we are July 31st 2019! outland applicants BUT my wife, the PA, stayed here with me as a tourist ....

So my advice to you in you're in the same situation ... of waiting for the 2nd email with credentials.. is to create your own account... and check it constantly... Who knows when the option to upload the photos, etc... was already available in our case... but fortunately we could do it ....

Good luck to everybody..

J

Reactions: Itengcanada

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Hey everyone,

I wonder if linking the PR Card application to GC Key account is a necessary step? Are there anyone who got their PR Card without linking their account?

I received my eCOPR on June 18th but didn't know about this account linking thing until a week ago. I linked my account on August 23rd. Still waiting for PR Card.

Now, in my gc key account, my PR Card application shows submitted on August 23rd! But when I click more details, it shows that they received my application on June 21st.
@SaberHQ It's not necessary. It's just to track your PR card updates.

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Guys, I am waiting for eCorp since July 8th. I applied for a visitor visa in June (because i wanted to go for vacation and did't know when i receive pr) I asked to withdraw my application last week and now I got approved for a visitor visa and they asked for a passport. Do I need this visitor visa now??? If i fly with visitor visa and get eCorp will I lose my visitor visa???? How can I return if my visitor visa will get canceled?
COPR is not a travel document

You can surely try coming back with your TRV
Usually once you get the COPR the other permits/visas are not longer valid on the IRCC system.
The airline may check with the IRCC DB the validity of the permit, and if it returns invalid, you can’t board the flight.
Once you are in Canada, they cant refuse you entry as PR. But I would expect some pushback from the officer at the POE.

I've read some people saying claiming it worked for them

So… good luck

aduemelia19

Aug 26, 2021
So I uploaded my photo and my address in the portal on 26th of July. They sent me the credentials to the portal, I had still not gotten my copr from them so I tried calling and sending an email but to no avail.

today I get a new message which requires me to start the whole process anew, like answering the questions before you even get the credentials to the portal. So I went to login to the portal and my credentials don’t work. It can’t recognize my logins. Of course I’ve replied to the new email they sent me, but does anyone know why this is happening? Has anyone else gone through this?

Reactions: dkincanada

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I received the first portal email today (one email for each family member). Inside the document attached they asked us to reply to the email and send information for each one of the applicants. I'm wondering if only the primary applicant needs to reply to the email with all the information for each applicant, or does everyone need to reply to each of the emails? For example, (my wife received the portal email on her own, and I received the emails for me and my child). Thank you!

Tati100

Aug 11, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I received the first portal email today (one email for each family member). Inside the document attached they asked us to reply to the email and send information for each one of the applicants. I'm wondering if only the primary applicant needs to reply to the email with all the information for each applicant, or does everyone need to reply to each of the emails? For example, (my wife received the portal email on her own, and I received the emails for me and my child). Thank you!
Only you it’s enough. My husband responded, and put information about me. I didn’t respond.

Tati100

Aug 11, 2021
Thank you so much for your reply! Could you please share how long they will reply and provide you with the credentials?
We received email with our credentials yesterday( next day after we reply to first email) no ECOPR yet. Hopefully we will get it on Thursday