+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

SUMR

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Here is the update for People who are waiting for eCOPR from May last week

Finally, I was able to speak to IRCC agent after almost waiting for a week and this is the response.

Q: I have submitted my information in Portal on May 30th. I still didn't get my eCOPR.
A: I was placed on brief hold, and then got the response that they got all the details they needed from me. Infact even my follow-up emails they (IRCC Agent) could see and told me, "your email clearly explains that you are inside Canada". At this point you need to wait patiently.

Q: I am seeing people who are receiving credentials in June are getting their eCOPR in 3 to 4 days where as mine crossed 18 days why this much delay?
R: It depends on officer who the file is assigned. If your file is assigned to an officer who has a huge backlog, he will try to clear on first come and first serve basis. So you really cannot compare with others.

Q: I am bit nervous, since its been more than 18 days and I didn't get COPR where as others who submited in June are getting in 3 to 4 days.
R: I know it would be stressful. But you need to wait. At this point, I can see your application has passed all the stages and its just we need to complete your Landing process which is delaying due to huge backlogs.

Q: My current work permit is expiring in 5 months, Do I need to apply for extension?
R: Ideally 4 months before expiry we recommend for extension. In your case since, your PR application is already in progress and if you apply for extension now it will be refused. So Wait patiently until 1 month before expiry and then apply for Bridge open work permit if you don't get eCOPR until then. But I don't expect it will that long as we are processing applications very fast.

Hope this clarifies all. So at this point, we need to wait patiently until we hear from them. Hope some magic will happen soon....

kumori

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Hi Guys,
I got my eCOPR yesterday, my application took 415 days in total, but once I got PR portal email everything went very fast. Just waiting for PR Card now. See my signature for timeline. Thanks everybody for your support.
Wow, we shared the similar timeline, even at the all stage passed date. I wonder if we have the same processing agent :D Hopefully my eCoPR will follow yours soon

Reactions: J20190911

4zans

Dec 19, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
Nomination.....
31-08-2020
Jun 17, 2021
Hello everyone, I got the eCOPR from the new portal yesterday. My wife is listed as a dependent but she has separate portal credentials. She did not get an eCOPR notification in her account. She is mentioned as a depedent in my eCOPR. Can someone tell me if IRCC issues separate eCOPR documents to the primary applicants and to each dependents listed along with the primary applicant? Or is it just one eCOPR per application?

pm_157

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Hello everyone, I got the eCOPR from the new portal yesterday. My wife is listed as a dependent but she has separate portal credentials. She did not get an eCOPR notification in her account. She is mentioned as a depedent in my eCOPR. Can someone tell me if IRCC issues separate eCOPR documents to the primary applicants and to each dependents listed along with the primary applicant? Or is it just one eCOPR per application?
Hi! Me and my spouse got separate eCoPR documents so I think each dependent gets their own document. We also have separate portal accounts. I hope this helps!

CECApril

Oct 22, 2020
When did you get first and second email buddy.