+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR confirmation portal

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
Whatttt!!! They better hire competent hands because 3 months is just not it. RIDICULOUS is an understatement
Yea we have been in contact with IRCC and our local MP every week at the least through it all, and it just keeps being dragged out for no reason.

yangganggary

Jul 27, 2023
Hi, I receive my PR Portal #2 today and let I login PR Portal with my current login credentials. But there has no any login credentials in the email. Anyone knows will they send another email about login credentials? how many days will get the login credentials email? Thanks

yangganggary

Jul 27, 2023
Hi All,

I have received my First Portal email on 13th July and replied same day. Since then no update for my login credentials.

Anyone has same timeline as mine ?
I received my Portal #1 on 12th July and replied same day and get Portal #2 today morning, but without login credentials.

Sdwar

Jun 2, 2023
I submitted my photo and address in portal on May 12th, have not received ecopr yet, in PR portal last week it changed to closed and accepted. But there is not any option to download the ecopr even though it says Please download your ecopr.
Called , emailed IRCC and, submitted web forms multiple times, last agent I talked to said if you don't receive an update in a month then only call us, there is no point of calling again and again. We have taken action from our end.
Waited 2 months then started calling them, which is really frustrating. No clarity on timings or statuses of applications

Hooeful

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
But I never created an account on the PR Portal, only on IRCC Portal. PR Portal account need to created by IRCC.
Permanent Residence Portal
What is the Permanent Residence Portal?
If you want to submit an application to become a permanent resident, use this portal to:
  • apply for permanent residence
If we approve your application, we’ll invite you to:
  • confirm your permanent resident status; and
  • send a photo for your permanent resident card

yangganggary

Jul 27, 2023
Did you apply through GCKey or IRCC portal
I am not sure, I even don't know what is GCKey. I tried to login PR Portal and it shows

"The password you've entered may be expired. Please verify that you have entered the temporary password correctly. If you have a representative assisting you with your application, please reach out to them for a new temporary password. If this is to confirm your permanent resident status, contact us using the email that was sent to you with the subject line: IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) to reset a new temporary password."

Emmmm, don't know what should I do. Will IRCC send login credentials includes login username and temporary password after sending Portal #2 few days?

Hooeful

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
Permanent Residence Portal
What is the Permanent Residence Portal?
If you want to submit an application to become a permanent resident, use this portal to:
  • apply for permanent residence
If we approve your application, we’ll invite you to:
  • confirm your permanent resident status; and
  • send a photo for your permanent resident card
If you did not submit your PR through GCKey, then you used the permanent residence portal which implies that you created an account before IRCC did, so use the login details to access the portal and you should find the tab