+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR Confirmation portal - After eCOPR and timeline

Rikinpatel

Jul 7, 2019
Here are my timelines (I’m a pretty silent user, but hopefully this helps some people trying to look for answers)

AOR -OCt 2020
Portal email- June 15, 2021 (replied the same day with details)
Credential email- June 17, 2021 (uploaded photo and address same day)
ECOPR- June 19, 2021 @10pm
VO- Ottawa

10 PM means they are working on afternoon shift too ?

Alikhansahab

Jun 12, 2021
Hi all! I received eCoPR through the new portal on 15th Jan. have been waiting for my photo to be approved for my PR card.

Here is my timeline:
AOR: Sept. 16
Biometrics done: Early Nov.
Portal Request: Dec. 15
Address & Photo submission: Dec. 16
eCOPR: Jan. 15

Anyone has received eCOPR via the new portal and got their PR card?

I am little bit worried that my card might not arrive within January because I am moving into a new home.
I have already sent an email regarding the address change for PR card and have already been tried to change to the new address but it did not work! :(
When did you receive your PR

Krishna1502

Jun 24, 2021
Hi All, I received my ECOPR and waiting for PR card. I have to travel soon. I’m not sure if the new announcement that all COPR holders can travel to Canada, applies to ECOPR holders too. Can I enter back in Canada on the basis of my ECOPR document without the PR card? I’m quite confused if I can enter back in Canada or not, and if so then on what basis? Permanent Resident status? Or Temporary Foreign Worker status? Please advise.

Reactions: J20190911

kailashnadh9

Jun 22, 2021
My timelines

AOR -April 14, 2021
Portal email- June 19, 2021
Replied- June 20, 2021
Credential email- June 22, 2021 (uploaded photo and address today itself)
Waiting for ECOPR
VO- Etobicoke

I have to travel out of country on July 24. what are the chances of getting ecopr and card before that?
I wanted to update I have recieved my ECOPR yesterday-6/25/2021

Krishna1502

Jun 24, 2021
I wanted to update I have recieved my ECOPR yesterday-6/25/2021
I have to travel out of Canada in the end of July. But still waiting for PR card. Received eCOPR on May 30, 2021. Is it possible to enter back in Canada on work visa and work permit if PR card does not arrive by that time?

Supree15

Sep 16, 2020
You can leave with eCOPR but won't be allowed to enter Canada without PR card or PRTD. People who received copr while outside Canada can only travel

Reactions: Krishna1502

Krishna1502

Jun 24, 2021
You can leave with eCOPR but won't be allowed to enter Canada without PR card or PRTD. People who received copr while outside Canada can only travel
Many thanks for your kind advise. I was hoping to use my work permit and work visa to enter Canada, in case I hadn’t received PR card by that time. But I guess it is not possible to do so because I already received eCOPR and my status is changed to landed immigrant now? Please advise.

Supree15

Sep 16, 2020
Many thanks for your kind advise. I was hoping to use my work permit and work visa to enter Canada, in case I hadn’t received PR card by that time. But I guess it is not possible to do so because I already received eCOPR and my status is changed to landed immigrant now? Please advise.
That's correct

Reactions: Krishna1502

tiwaris2020

Feb 7, 2021
Dear Friends,

I am already in Canada and got my CopR on 26th June 2021 and it's having VAlid to date as 'Dec 2021'.
  • What are the next step I should do to get my PR Card.
  • What's the 'Valid to' date mean?
  • I am in Quebec but shown my interest for Ontario, Do I need to move immediately ?
  • Do I need to change my SIN immediately, I am currently on Temp WP?

Thanks
Tiwaris

wherethestorystarts

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hi guys, I got eCOPR today, but it says my application expiry date is 2022/04/19.
What does this expiry date mean?
Am I not getting five years? Or Does it mean eCOPR is a temporary document before actual PR? I'm a bit confused...