+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR card

ramonline78

Jul 29, 2015
Re: New PR card ( Received Someone else's PR card)

Miki85 said:
From USA you can call 6139444000 and then from the menu you can transfer your call to CIC , Good luck
Thank you very much ...I could discuss my problem with a representative. ( Our cards are yet to be printed ; The other PR's were for the family who lived there before my relative) :)

Cath06

Aug 7, 2015
Dear All,

We (family of 4) have received my COPR recently and plan to land in Toronto to process my PR status. I have some concerns and hope I could get the answers from the seniors here:

1) We are planning to make a short landing in Toronto and have to leave for home country 2 weeks later to settle many personal stuff before making final move to Canada. Shall I tell the immigration officer to truth? I read from this forum some members said better don't inform the officer and some said need to. I also understand from some members that the immigration officer in this case will not process the PR card until we finally move to Canada.

2) I would like to know will there be an issue if I ask my friend to mail the PR cards to me (outside Canada) from Toronto? Has anyone done that before?

3) Regarding proof of funds, is it a must to bring CAD14k cash for 2 persons during our first landing in Canada?
If we have 4 persons (me, my husband, my son 18 and my daughter 13), do we need to bring CAD28k? Are the immigration officer really check on this? This is because we do not intend to bring so much cash there for a short stay. However we can show document proof to them that our final funds will be way more than sufficient to support us when we finally migrate there.

Thank you all in advance.

Cheers!

homesickvn

Aug 16, 2011
Hi everyone,

Those who recently received their PR cards, could you kindly told me in your ECAS status it wrote when did they receive your card application ?

I landed on 22nd April 2015 in Vancouver and gave my address to the officer. She also wrote it on my landing paper (CoPR).

Last week when it hit 100 days I checked ECAS and saw "We received your address on June 13, 2015", I thought they just updated it on ECAS on June 13.

Yesterday when it's >110 days I called CIC Call Center and a man told me that because they got my address on 13 June, so 84 days is counted from 13 June. I explained and he just said that they don't know why and told me to keep waiting.

I don't know if what he said is true, so I need to double check with you guys. Thank you so much.

Gravity

May 18, 2010
SIN - a dream or a nighmare

IT has been 69 days since I landed in Canada. Till to date I havnt rcvd my SIN paper nor the PR card. Due to which I faced many difficulties; Like opening a bank acc, health card and driving licence. I called toll free number *******7216 and ********6362. for info . they are confused as well. I am running out of money and unable to find job as SIN is important for the employement. I am very disturbed.. I went to service Canada all they say is SIn s are in backlog -which I don't belive as my friends came just after me and they got their SIN - so where is the backlog. Its quite disappointing situation -Thinking of going back . I came to Canada with quiet a few dreams but it seems I am going thru nighmaresjavascript:void(0);

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: SIN - a dream or a nighmare

There is no SIN backlog. You should get your SIN on the spot when you apply. You need to take your COPR and passport and go to a service Canada and they will print out a paper with your SIN on it. You will not be receiving a SIN card anymore the government has stopped issuing them Your PR card makes no difference for your life in Canada because it's mainly used as a proof of status for when you want to travel and come back to Canada. You should immediately find your COPR and passport and head to the closest service Canada center they will give you your SIN right away. I am not sure who you contacted or what backlog you are talking about. No such a thing exist

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/how.shtml

"If everything is in order, you will get your SIN during your visit."

As for PR card, those currently take 84 days to process plus 2 weeks for mailing. But PR card DOES NOT affect your eligibility for programs in Canada, you can just use your COPR

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Gravity said:
IT has been 69 days since I landed in Canada. Till to date I havnt rcvd my SIN paper nor the PR card. Due to which I faced many difficulties; Like opening a bank acc, health card and driving licence. I called toll free number *******7216 and ********6362. for info . they are confused as well. I am running out of money and unable to find job as SIN is important for the employement. I am very disturbed.. I went to service Canada all they say is SIn s are in backlog -which I don't belive as my friends came just after me and they got their SIN - so where is the backlog. Its quite disappointing situation -Thinking of going back . I came to Canada with quiet a few dreams but it seems I am going thru nighmaresjavascript:void(0);

Loom

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: SIN - a dream or a nighmare

Gravity said:
Are you sure you are in Canada?

Gravity

May 18, 2010
Loom - this not funny- plz behave . HERE some one is disturb instead of comforting her u r cracking jokes ! plz read carefully .

THANKYOU FOR GIVING ME THE DETAILED REPLY .I have been to service Canada 8 times - I get the same response ! my personal Insurance is coming to an end and my money as well. This is a serious issue. IF I am in Canada this means all is ok - than why this DELAY !

Thu I have registered for health card - there I have issues too. my husband came and left Canada for his job- At registry they say health card is registered for married couple togg- this is strange ! I am married but I have my own identity and I m an individual -why cant I apply for MY health card - it has been 16 days I havnt received my health card as yet . lets see what happens.

Canada is in recession - one person wants to establish her self n Calgary while other is out of the country bcoz he is the bread earner ! don't u think this is a wise decision. if he comes here too -who is going to put the bread on the table !

Can I get unemployement issurance ? since I cannt get the job ?

Loom

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gravity said:
Loom - this not funny- plz behave . HERE some one is disturb instead of comforting her u r cracking jokes ! plz read carefully .

THANKYOU FOR GIVING ME THE DETAILED REPLY .I have been to service Canada 8 times - I get the same response ! my personal Insurance is coming to an end and my money as well. This is a serious issue. IF I am in Canada this means all is ok - than why this DELAY !

Thu I have registered for health card - there I have issues too. my husband came and left Canada for his job- At registry they say health card is registered for married couple togg- this is strange ! I am married but I have my own identity and I m an individual -why cant I apply for MY health card - it has been 16 days I havnt received my health card as yet . lets see what happens.

Canada is in recession - one person wants to establish her self n Calgary while other is out of the country bcoz he is the bread earner ! don't u think this is a wise decision. if he comes here too -who is going to put the bread on the table !

Ok, grandma.

Firstly, it was not a joke. Your statement made no sense whatsoever, to a point I doubted you are here in Canada!

Secondly, I can do whatever I want. If I feel like cracking a joke, I will. Period.

Lastly, if you don't like any of what I have said, SUE me! 8)

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry but what you are saying makes no sense :) I live in Calgary and I landed here last month went the next day got my SIN in 20 mins and applied for a health card which took another 10 mins. The economy in Canada is not doing so great but you can still get government document those are not affected.

I am really not sure if you are taking the proper documentation with you to Service Canada. If you live in Calgary you can PM me.

You don't need to have your husband with you when you apply for insurance even though you are married. As long as you have a COPR and a proof of address in Alberta you should be fine

Gravity said:

wyueshen

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-05-2015
Passport Req..
14-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hey guys, is it possible to have PR card if I make a plea for urgent processing of PR Card? I am going to US for a one-week business trip in 2 month. I have all the documents needed to prove my trip. Does anyone have a successful experience of doing that? Otherwise I have to change my return ticket to Seattle, rent a car and drive home, which will be a hug pain!!! Thanks

Loom

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wyueshen said:
Hey guys, is it possible to have PR card if I make a plea for urgent processing of PR Card? I am going to US for a one-week business trip in 2 month. I have all the documents needed to prove my trip. Does anyone have a successful experience of doing that? Otherwise I have to change my return ticket to Seattle, rent a car and drive home, which will be a hug pain!!! Thanks
I can see from your timeline that you haven't landed yet. So why not wait for the business trip and make the landing when you actually return from the US?

wyueshen

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2015
Doc's Request.
27-03-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-05-2015
Passport Req..
14-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Loom said:
I can see from your timeline that you haven't landed yet. So why not wait for the business trip and make the landing when you actually return from the US?
Thanks for the suggestion. Actually I have considered that option, however I have another business trip to China early September, I cannot avoid landing when I return to Canada.......the good thing for China trip is I will stay for two weeks so I have time to get travel document there. But for US trip I only have one week.....no time for travel document application....any suggestions?