+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New PR card

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

I got the same ECAS update (you entered canada....) That's the last line update we will see. Seeing this line is a good sign because it means the officer submitted your documents for PR card issuing. It's a wait game now.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
I just called CIC call center and infomred the lady that today is 88th day (i landed on 25th of April) of my PR card processing time and as per CIC website the PR processing time is now 84 days. The lady reply you have to add approx additional 2 weeks on top of 84 days which means I have to wait till 29th of July and after that I should call again.

I requested her twice, if she can check my status but she replied we cant before 84 days + additional 2 weeks. !!!! whatz this additonal 2 weeks ????????

Loom

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashikn said:
I just called CIC call center and infomred the lady that today is 88th day (i landed on 25th of April) of my PR card processing time and as per CIC website the PR processing time is now 84 days. The lady reply you have to add approx additional 2 weeks on top of 84 days which means I have to wait till 29th of July and after that I should call again.

I requested her twice, if she can check my status but she replied we cant before 84 days + additional 2 weeks. !!!! whatz this additonal 2 weeks ????????
I assume they are adding buffer for shipping. I'm not sure though but maybe process time means the time needed to issue the card and doesn't include the time needed for the card to reach you. I hope you will receive it soon.

hang729

Oct 19, 2014
I am still waiting for my PR card although I landed on April 18.... i am located in Burnaby BC.

I just checked with my neighbors but they didn't receive any mail that is not belonged to them.....i dont know how it take for me to receive the card

shanchu

Jan 17, 2013
ashikn said:
Thanks shanchu for the response, btw what was the last update on your ECAS. In my case its still with the 5th line (5.You entered Canada at the Lester B Pearson International Airport, Terminal No. 1 office on April 25, 2015 and became a Permanent Resident) !!!
mine is also the 5th line only.

hang729

Oct 19, 2014
Just an update for everyone......I just called cic call centre.....this time they are willing to open my file to check. Even though I landed on the same day as shanchu, I was advised my PR card just sent out on July 20th Monday. I think it take them sometime to process all the applicants who landed in the same day..... Hopefully I will get it soon.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
though its not relevant to this thread, but just for everyones update:

I landed on 25th of April and applied for my health card on 2nd week of May. Yesterday we (mine and my spouse) received our health card. which took less than 90 days.

However I am still waiting for my PR card.

Thanks.

trvpm

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A couple of my friends landed a few days back and they were told that the PR card could take upto 6 months due to some changes in the process. I am not sure what the changes are (probably backlogs), but looks like it is a long wait to get the PR card.

Miki85

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
CSQ on 12-11-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-02-2014
Med's Request
11-03-2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
16-03-2015, medical received 24-3-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-04-2015
LANDED..........
20-04-2015
ashikn said:
though its not relevant to this thread, but just for everyones update:

I landed on 25th of April and applied for my health card on 2nd week of May. Yesterday we (mine and my spouse) received our health card. which took less than 90 days.

However I am still waiting for my PR card.

Thanks.
congrats ...for the health cards ;) , i hope that we all will receive the Pr cards this month

Sarah1791

Aug 4, 2014
Dear Seniors,
Urgent advice needed!
I'm going to short land in Canada in one week from now and stay there for maximum 1 week. I'll be giving the officer my friend's address in Toronto for my PR card to be mailed there but I've heard if I inform the officer that I'm staying for a week or two only, chances are he won't mail the PR card. How true is this? If this is the case, then do u suggest I announce a longer stay period even if it's not necessarily so (I can't stay longer than one week due to my job constraints)? What if I have my return ticket already booked for one week?

Plz advise!

SKguy

Feb 10, 2015
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's true. You are not supposed to give the address of someone else and no one is supposed to mail the PR card to you outside Canada. Yet people still do it. If you would like to be in the clear, don't land until you are ready to stay here. Otherwise you will have to take the risk of giving the address of someone else without mentioning anything and hope the officer won't have any concerns/issues. Your flight booking doesn't affect the decision of the officer whether to mail it or not, however you might not want to show that either because it will be clear that you are leaving the country soon and raises the question where is the PR card going

Sarah1791 said:
Dear Seniors,
Urgent advice needed!
I'm going to short land in Canada in one week from now and stay there for maximum 1 week. I'll be giving the officer my friend's address in Toronto for my PR card to be mailed there but I've heard if I inform the officer that I'm staying for a week or two only, chances are he won't mail the PR card. How true is this? If this is the case, then do u suggest I announce a longer stay period even if it's not necessarily so (I can't stay longer than one week due to my job constraints)? What if I have my return ticket already booked for one week?

Plz advise!

Sarah1791

Aug 4, 2014
SKguy said:
That's true. You are not supposed to give the address of someone else and no one is supposed to mail the PR card to you outside Canada. Yet people still do it. If you would like to be in the clear, don't land until you are ready to stay here. Otherwise you will have to take the risk of giving the address of someone else without mentioning anything and hope the officer won't have any concerns/issues. Your flight booking doesn't affect the decision of the officer whether to mail it or not, however you might not want to show that either because it will be clear that you are leaving the country soon and raises the question where is the PR card going
Dear SKguy,
Thanks for your quick response! I'm a bit confused though; plz correct me if I'm wrong but are you saying that we are not supposed to reveal the name of the person residing in the address we are giving to the officer? Just the address and that's that? Because if we do, the officer, having found out we don't live in the address we have provided, might decline from mailing the PR card there? But, isn't this a bit strange? I mean how on earth I'm supposed to own an address under my name when I've landed there for the first time?! Plz advise...Thanks so much