Stressedgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I did flag polling and got my pgwp without any hassle. I went to Cornwall border crossing.

Good Luck!
Could you please explain on how you did flagpolling? Can you please inbox me. My younger sister took one term off and now I am not sure if she is eligible to apply for pgwp. Thank you.

KP1001

Dec 27, 2019
Hello,
Currently I'm pursuing my Global Business Management PGDM which is a two year course (4 semesters). I had withdrawed 2 courses out of 5 in first semester but i retook them in second semester and completed them successfully and my third semester is also over while my fourth semester will start in January. So, will me PGWP application will be rejected because I'd withdrawn 2 courses in first semester?
1st sem: 3 completed courses out of 5
2nd sem: 7 courses completed 2 of them were of 1st sem. (5+2)
3rd sem: completed 5 courses
4th sem: will start in January 2020

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
Currently I'm pursuing my Global Business Management PGDM which is a two year course (4 semesters). I had withdrawed 2 courses out of 5 in first semester but i retook them in second semester and completed them successfully and my third semester is also over while my fourth semester will start in January. So, will me PGWP application will be rejected because I'd withdrawn 2 courses in first semester?
1st sem: 3 completed courses out of 5
2nd sem: 7 courses completed 2 of them were of 1st sem. (5+2)
3rd sem: completed 5 courses
4th sem: will start in January 2020
In your first semester, did you have part time status according to your school?

Assuming so, it's a bit difficult to say. According to the official rules, you can be part time in one semester - but only in your last semester of studies. However what we have found in practice is that officers will often give a break to students as long as they only have one part time semester for the duration of their studies.

The best thing you can do at this point is make sure you remain a full time student for the rest of your studies. Make sure you have no more part time semesters (again, this is assuming you were classified as part time in your 1st semester).

KP1001

Dec 27, 2019
In your first semester, did you have part time status according to your school?

Assuming so, it's a bit difficult to say. According to the official rules, you can be part time in one semester - but only in your last semester of studies. However what we have found in practice is that officers will often give a break to students as long as they only have one part time semester for the duration of their studies.

The best thing you can do at this point is make sure you remain a full time student for the rest of your studies. Make sure you have no more part time semesters (again, this is assuming you were classified as part time in your 1st semester).
In 1st semester there were 5 courses 3 credits each so i had withdrawed 2 course so i did 9 credits out of 15. Hence, it's 60% course load which is full-time i guess.