Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
There has been few changes in PGWP last week.

Change:
You aren’t eligible to apply for a PGWP if you:

• studied in a program that was less than eight months long
  • studied for more than eight months but not continuously (for example, you took a semester off)
My situation: I have to leave my studies after my 3rd semester for 2 years because of an accident which left me hospitalized. I registered for my last semester in Summer, 2017 and will be graduating next month.

Will this rule affect me?
If It do, I find it very unfair because all the students took break before this rules came into effect.

What you think about it?

Thank you

gaba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017

Change:

• studied for more than eight months but not continuously (for example, you took a semester off)
My situation: I have to leave my studies after my 3rd semester for 2 years because of an accident which left me hospitalized. I registered for my last semester in Summer, 2017 and will be graduating next month.

If It do, I find it very unfair because all the students took break before this rules came into effect.

What you think about it?

Thank you
Hiii
Can you please post source of this new rule.
Is it given on cic.gc.ca?

Angad Preet

Jul 26, 2017

Change:

What you think about it?

Thank you
Dont worry bro... you have a legal reason why u took semester off, so i think u will get work-permit.... Make sure, when u apply for work-permit, attach all your medical proof and a letter which can describe your story.

yzhang284

Oct 18, 2016
What if the student wants to have a summer vacation after finishing his Fall and Winter semester and he has received the formal permission of leave of absence from his school? Still in effect?

Last edited:

gunitsin

Jul 28, 2017
Hi
I just read the New CIC guidelines and it is very confusing.
It says "studied for more than eight months but not continuously (for example, you took a semester off)"
Does it mean the GAP within your 1st year course or the gap after you complete your course?

I am an international student and currently pursuing 1 year(3 Semesters including 1 co op) course from 2016 Sept - Aug 2017 ending soon.
I applied for 2nd course for Sept 2017 intake, seats were full so i got enrolled in January 2018 intake for another 2 semesters(8 months) course which is going on end in August 2018.

Could you please tell me for how long my Post graduate work permit would be valid when i apply for it next year after my course is over.
Is it still going to be 3 years considering the fact i have given a 4 months break after the end of my 1st course(this year August-December2017).

gunitsin

Jul 28, 2017

Change:

What you think about it?

Thank you
Hi Aman
WIll this rule effect me?
Below is my situation

Hi
It says "studied for more than eight months but not continuously (for example, you took a semester off)"
Does it mean the GAP within your 1st year course or the gap after you complete your course?

I am an international student and currently pursuing 1 year(3 Semesters including 1 co op) course from 2016 Sept - Aug 2017 ending soon.
I applied for 2nd course for Sept 2017 intake, seats were full so i got enrolled in January 2018 intake for another 2 semesters(8 months) course which is going on end in August 2018.

Could you please tell me for how long my Post graduate work permit would be valid when i apply for it next year after my course is over.
Is it still going to be 3 years considering the fact i have given a 4 months break after the end of my 1st course(this year August-December2017).

gaba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Hi Aman
WIll this rule effect me?
Below is my situation

Hi

Hi buddy,
I, just like you, don't know the exact meaning of the statement.
Please go to a consultant and sort out your query.
Good luck.

Chan1997

Aug 28, 2017
hii there...i am currently at georgian college. i was not able to get a co-op this summer. so the college gave me a withdrawal. my co-op is shuffled to last semester... will i be eligible for PGWP? will not getting a co-op will be considered a drop?

Cj667

Dec 10, 2017
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
My brother is going to study at national academy of health and business, it’s a eight month program, would he be eligible for pgwp? His college has dli number but it’s not under SPP. And my brother has a theee year study permit. Initially he came into business administration two year program but changed his college and program(dental assisting). Please help would be greatly appreciated.

Rita2199

Jul 18, 2018
Hello,

My situation is like the same, I have coop during study and I have to delay one semester. How did you go? DI you get PGWP?

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Hi,

I did flag polling and got my pgwp without any hassle. I went to Cornwall border crossing.

Good Luck!