+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New policy/June 20, 2022/COVID-19 Boarding flights and trains in Canada

Kanata2023

Apr 22, 2022
Hi everyone,

I’ve just read the covid-19 policy about boarding flights and trains in Canada (from June 20, 2022):
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel

I am an EE appllicant outside of Canada and considered as not fully vaccinated. With this new policy I am planning to (finally) validate my COPR during my summer vacations /softlanding (current work issues, don’t know yet when I can settle properly in Canada).

My question is : am I allowed to travel by train or bus from Montreal airport to a quarantine place in Ontario (Ottawa)?

I am trying to lower my costs as I have these 2 weeks of quarantine to plan first. Flights to Ottawa are way more expensive for me than those to Montreal with then a bus or train. Good accomodations in Montreal during summer are now very expensive for my budget (today is already the first day of Summer). And as a EE applicant I would prefer to stay outside of Quebec.

Thanks for your help !

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I’ve just read the covid-19 policy about boarding flights and trains in Canada (from June 20, 2022):
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel

I am an EE appllicant outside of Canada and considered as not fully vaccinated. With this new policy I am planning to (finally) validate my COPR during my summer vacations /softlanding (current work issues, don’t know yet when I can settle properly in Canada).

My question is : am I allowed to travel by train or bus from Montreal airport to a quarantine place in Ontario (Ottawa)?

I am trying to lower my costs as I have these 2 weeks of quarantine to plan first. Flights to Ottawa are way more expensive for me than those to Montreal with then a bus or train. Good accomodations in Montreal during summer are now very expensive for my budget (today is already the first day of Summer). And as a EE applicant I would prefer to stay outside of Quebec.

Thanks for your help !
You can confirm this with the health officials you meet in YUL.

Kanata2023

Apr 22, 2022
You can confirm this with the health officials you meet in YUL.
Thanks, it will be a bit late am afraid. This is part of the quarantine plan I have to plan ahead and submit via Arrivecan prior boarding (booked location, how to go to the location, food etc…).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I believe you would have been allowed to travel by train or bus to your quarantine location before this was announced, so don't see any reason to think that's changed.

Reactions: Kanata2023

Mehdy1

Jun 16, 2020
I am on the same train (no pun intended).
Vaccinated with Sputnik-V which is not recognized in Canada, landing with family in YUL on 3rd of July then flying to Halifax, NS for the 2-week quarantine. You are indeed allowed to board a flight/train after the rule change which does not in fact change anything for the unvaccinated. I have cross-checked with my settlement advisor. Buses are not mentioned though, only Air and Rail.
What is bothering me the most is having to stay 2 weeks in an expensive place not doing anything (SIN,SIM,Bank,DL,...)

Kanata2023

Apr 22, 2022
I am on the same train (no pun intended).
Vaccinated with Sputnik-V which is not recognized in Canada, landing with family in YUL on 3rd of July then flying to Halifax, NS for the 2-week quarantine. You are indeed allowed to board a flight/train after the rule change which does not in fact change anything for the unvaccinated. I have cross-checked with my settlement advisor. Buses are not mentioned though, only Air and Rail.
What is bothering me the most is having to stay 2 weeks in an expensive place not doing anything (SIN,SIM,Bank,DL,...)
many thanks for your message! I will take the train option from Montreal Airport (Dorval station).
let’s stay positive and take the 2 (expensive) weeks as a break post arrival stress.