+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
I have a question about this part:
  1. Be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work pursuant to the Act and Regulations at the time the application for permanent residence is received and must not be self-employed, unless working as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority. The employment must meet the definition of work under subsection 73(2) of the Regulations;
Does a study permit that allows me to be employed as a research assistant in campus apply to this condition? because my study permit states that I can accept employment.
Yes, it should work. As long as you have a Canadian degree. I’m also a research assistant and have a Canadian degree and working on a study permit. We’ll see how it proceeds on May 6 and if this is all true or what!

Reactions: SatNight

engineerNA

Sep 19, 2016
Chatty Lawyer livestream summary:

1- IRCC will upload the application guide anytime from now on, so we might not have to wait until May 6th after all
2- It won't use the same portal as AIPP, PNP, etc. Might look very similar.
3- Application wizard will generate the checklist for you
4- Imm 0008 is definitely going to be required, he says it's not going to be online so we'll have to use acrobat
5- Imm 0008, the drop down list issue: the program will be probably be under economic stream, there are chances they update it before May 6th.
6- Kinda fluff, but he mentioned there's going to be a lot of people asking for the day off or getting a sick day :')
7- He kinda hinted the stream will open during office hours
8- We're going to have to pre-register, complete and submit the applications. Until you submit you're not in. You must submit your complete application.
9- On the main page there's going to be the submission count, a number will be added/deducted every time someone clicks "submit application"
10- He recommends filling most of the generic
11- The policy states you must pay ALL FEES upfront, including RPRF
12- Application guide is expected sometime next week, he mentioned it might even come out today
13- You can apply on implied status
14- IRCC is trying to process inland applications as fast as possible, however, it is extremely likely that the new streams won't be processed as fast as CEC (average processing, 6 months)
15- You might be able to apply with a confirmation of graduation if you still don't have the physical diploma
16- No idea on how long the stream will take to fill
17- Electronic results of IELTS will work (email or online portal), you don't need your physical IELTS report.
18- All IRCC wants right now, is to meet the immigration quota
19- It's completely OK to pay the application fee right now
20- Reference letter should be less than 30 days old, he recommends us not to wait until May 6th to request it

Course mentioned no less than 15 times in 1h. He's slowing down.
Who's this Chatty Lawyer by the way?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
His name is Mark, his all over You Tube, I cant post his videos on here because they will delete it. I think his you tube channel is called canadian immigration institute something like that.
His videos have useful information no one else really talks about, the problem is that every 30 seconds he reminds you he has a course where people get information as soon as it’s released, and kinda “teases” you saying his students will be the most prepared, the first ones to apply...

That wouldn’t be as annoying if said course wasn’t $350 USD which for us is almost half the application fee.

Reactions: SatNight

Anya833

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
His videos have useful information no one else really talks about, the problem is that every 30 seconds he reminds you he has a course where people get information as soon as it’s released, and kinda “teases” you saying his students will be the most prepared, the first ones to apply...

That wouldn’t be as annoying if said course wasn’t $350 USD which for us is almost half the application fee.
Well he is selling his course. We have to see on the 6th of May how all will be.

OHIPQ

Feb 15, 2021
Chatty lawyer had an important announcement yesterday about the forms needing to be printed, hand signed, and rescanned and uploaded. For all forms except the IMM008 I believe he mentioned.

Reactions: ree14

hhzara

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Chatty lawyer had an important announcement yesterday about the forms needing to be printed, hand signed, and rescanned and uploaded. For all forms except the IMM008 I believe he mentioned.
When did he say this, in his livestream?

mikeymyke

Apr 24, 2021
The annoying thing about the chatty lawyer is how he says people will have an edge over those who don't take his course, but the thing is, no one really knows the full details about applying for this program come May 6, and is the info you're getting worth $350? I dont think so. Also anyone who can read English should be able to fill the forms by themselves.

corny.tan

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
So that will be a disadvantage for those people who don't have access to a printer?

Must the forms be hand signed? Can digital signatures suffice?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
So that will be a disadvantage for those people who don't have access to a printer?

Must the forms be hand signed? Can digital signatures suffice?
We don't know, gotta wait for the application instructions whether they come out on Monday or on May 6th

Micheal737373

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
So guys I have 11 months of full time and 6 months of partime as student. Will this add up to 1 year experience needed for essential workers category

mikeymyke

Apr 24, 2021
So guys I have 11 months of full time and 6 months of partime as student. Will this add up to 1 year experience needed for essential workers category
  1. Have accumulated at least one (1) year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time experience (1,560 hours), in Canada, in an eligible occupation listed in Annex A or Annex B in the three (3) years preceding the date when the application for permanent residence is received. The one year of work experience must be obtained in one or more of the eligible occupations as follows:
    • Stream A: the one year of work experience must have been acquired in one or more occupations listed in Annex A. Experience cannot be combined with Annex B occupations.
    • Stream B: the one year of work experience must have been acquired in one or more occupations listed in Annex B, or a combination of occupations in Annexes A and B.

Micheal737373

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
  1. Have accumulated at least one (1) year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time experience (1,560 hours), in Canada, in an eligible occupation listed in Annex A or Annex B in the three (3) years preceding the date when the application for permanent residence is received. The one year of work experience must be obtained in one or more of the eligible occupations as follows:
    • Stream A: the one year of work experience must have been acquired in one or more occupations listed in Annex A. Experience cannot be combined with Annex B occupations.
    • Stream B: the one year of work experience must have been acquired in one or more occupations listed in Annex B, or a combination of occupations in Annexes A and B.
It is not clear. I have a total of 2600 hours as I was working past
This is not clear. I worked part-time as a student and full-time after school