+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Policy for International Students - April 12th, 2021

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
My national card expired last month and I have already applied to renew it. It will take at least one more month to get a new one. Should I wait to get my new national card or apply for the stream with the expired one ? Please advise
Is the national card required for everyone and is it my ID in my home country?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
My national card expired last month and I have already applied to renew it. It will take at least one more month to get a new one. Should I wait to get my new national card or apply for the stream with the expired one ? Please advise
No, you don't need a valid national ID card, I believe it should be fine, as long as you have your passport valid.

iceboat

Apr 22, 2021
Is the national card required for everyone and is it my ID in my home country?
I never had to upload a National Identity document for prior Study/Work permits but I've always included the ID # in my application. I wonder if we need to translate the document if it's in another language? Idk why we need the National ID if we already have a passport which is universally the proof of identity?

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I never had to upload a National Identity document for prior Study/Work permits but I've always included the ID # in my application. I wonder if we need to translate the document if it's in another language? Idk why we need the National ID if we already have a passport which is universally the proof of identity?
I sent mine to translate just in case. It'd help if IRCC released a checklist and we didn't have to wild guess stuff

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
For a document that is translated, should I bundle the original and translated versions together in one file or upload them separately?

Bryan02

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
No - my roommate just used her passport for her national id and it was fine. You can still get it translated if you want tho

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
This is going to be the longest week of my life, we're 1 week away from the stream opening and virtually we don't really know anything 100% other than what we were told under the Public Policy page.

Has anyone called IRCC to inquire about the new program? Processing times? I tried checking the processing times for some new programs to get an idea but that's what it appears:

"No processing time available
The X pilot is a new program. Not enough data is available yet to calculate a processing time"

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Hi all,
Just a quick question regarding the documents, so we merge the same categories together (like education goes with all the transcript scan with completion letter etc) (passport with stamps and travel history separately)? Or will be like we upload each document in the requested place? Since its good to merge docs beforehand to avoid panic at last moment.
How will it look for the accompanying spouse? Will they upload their documents on a separate application or just the same one with the principal applicant? Not sure how to merge the documents together in this case :( a lot of confusion going on honestly..... and the letter of explanation goes with the extra supporting documents?

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Hi all,
Just a quick question regarding the documents, so we merge the same categories together (like education goes with all the transcript scan with completion letter etc) (passport with stamps and travel history separately)? Or will be like we upload each document in the requested place? Since its good to merge docs beforehand to avoid panic at last moment.
How will it look for the accompanying spouse? Will they upload their documents on a separate application or just the same one with the principal applicant? Not sure how to merge the documents together in this case :( a lot of confusion going on honestly..... and the letter of explanation goes with the extra supporting documents?
Good question . I wonder the same .

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Hi all,
Yes, merge the supporting documents for each category. Do not merge them with the forms, those have to be uploaded seperately.

As for spouse, I suppose they have to be separate from the principal applicant. The upload form will be similar to PNP portal where you choose a category (e.g Passport) and upload multiple documents to it (applicant and spouse documents).

bootes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2021
Hi all,
I did both! I have a pdf where all the proof for one category are merged together and I also have them in separate files. Just in case there are multiple fields for them