+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Pilot Program for Undeclared Dependants

amaries

Jul 29, 2019
So you are PR and wanting to sponsor your sons now?
So you are PR and wanting to sponsor your sons now?

To be truthful. To our knowledge they were included technically. Embassy asked us for a passport photos of my two boys then. When my sister and i were interviewed, i was asked if my kids are coming with me and i said no because i need to complete my high school equivalency and look for a job after. I got married here and their father did not at that time gave them to me. I continued to support financially. 2006 my son have decided to contact me glad that he did. H asked me if he is still able to come and i said yes because you guys are still my dependents. we received the letter that my application for permanent visa for him has been denied. I called the immigration and surprised to find out that they were not included. With broken memories we could not prove if they were examine or not. I have call agency for assistance and suggested to push forward with the appeal as it will be denied. I asked my father what happened to the application and why it was rejection and he said he does not know. Family members were the one helped me with the form and i do not remember whats in it.Since then I have been trying to get them here but their points is not enough. My eldest son has been denied twice for visitors visa. Monday past i asked my mother if she has recollection if they were examine and she said yes and she rmember the doctors name..now. The only proof that we have is a copy of their passport photos that was suppose to be submitted back then. That is why I am trying my best to understand the policy surrounding the pilot program. Frustrating story i know... i dont know which of my family to blame.

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
To be truthful. To our knowledge they were included technically. Embassy asked us for a passport photos of my two boys then. When my sister and i were interviewed, i was asked if my kids are coming with me and i said no because i need to complete my high school equivalency and look for a job after. I got married here and their father did not at that time gave them to me. I continued to support financially. 2006 my son have decided to contact me glad that he did. H asked me if he is still able to come and i said yes because you guys are still my dependents. we received the letter that my application for permanent visa for him has been denied. I called the immigration and surprised to find out that they were not included. With broken memories we could not prove if they were examine or not. I have call agency for assistance and suggested to push forward with the appeal as it will be denied. I asked my father what happened to the application and why it was rejection and he said he does not know. Family members were the one helped me with the form and i do not remember whats in it.Since then I have been trying to get them here but their points is not enough. My eldest son has been denied twice for visitors visa. Monday past i asked my mother if she has recollection if they were examine and she said yes and she rmember the doctors name..now. The only proof that we have is a copy of their passport photos that was suppose to be submitted back then. That is why I am trying my best to understand the policy surrounding the pilot program. Frustrating story i know... i dont know which of my family to blame.
Unfortunately, because they are over 22, they are no longer Dependent Children (even though they were at the time) so you would be ineligible to sponsor them. I'm sorry that your situation is such a mess.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You still haven't answered the most important question. Which immigration program did your parents obtain PR through? Were they sponsored through family class by a sibling of yours that was already living in Canada? Did they immigrate through an economic immigration program like the live-in caregiver program or skilled worker?

Chabeng

Jun 10, 2019
How the h and ground appeal works esp if there's a baby involved and there's a reason why they are not declared..

amaries

Jul 29, 2019
Based on the information you have provided - it's not possible to say if you qualify. You'll need to provide more information.

What immigration program did you immigrate under? You have said that you were a dependent in an application. Which immigration program did the primary applicant apply under?

You mean my father when he came to Canada in early 70's? He was sponsored as Fiancee/spouse? i think. Not any under economic class. I received my Canadian Cit. early 90's.

Lisha1923

May 23, 2018
PH
No - you do not have a shot at this. Only those who immigrate through a refugee program or family sponsorship qualify.

Your husband obtained PR through an economic immigration stream - which is why he does not fall under the pilot. He was not sponsored by his mother - but rather he obtained PR along with his mother (as her dependent) through the live-in caregiver economic immigration stream.

There are really two options available to you. The first is that you have to qualify for PR on your own (through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry based on your work experience, level of education, etc.) and include your daughter in the application. The second option is for your husband to renounce his PR status and leave Canada - the all of you would apply for PR together through an economic immigration stream.
Thanks for replying. If we submit a family sponsorship and the visa officer founds out that we actually have a misrepresentation case, will he gets a removal order right away or he'd be given a chance to explain himself through an interview or a letter, at least? How about his mom and siblings, will they get affected too?

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Thanks for replying. If we submit a family sponsorship and the visa officer founds out that we actually have a misrepresentation case, will he gets a removal order right away or he'd be given a chance to explain himself through an interview or a letter, at least? How about his mom and siblings, will they get affected too?
When your husband landed, were you considered common-law? As in, had you previously lived together for 12 months (it counts if you had lived together for 12+ months at some point even if you were not living together when he left) prior to his immigrating to Canada? If so, it's possible there could be a misrepresentation case brought against your husband, which could result in his PR being revoked and him being removed from Canada. I dont know if procedural fairness is a thing in misrepresentation cases, so I can't tell you if he'll be allowed to explain himself. I would imagine his mother could also be affected but I'm not 100% sure.

If you were not considered common-law at the time, your husband could certainly attempt to sponsor you through family sponsorship, but your daughter is ineligible due to being left out as his dependent on the original application, and as he gained his PR through his mother's economic immigration, your daughter is ineligible for this pilot program.

The options scylla mentioned are pretty much your only options at this point, unless you're willing to leave your daughter behind.

Feb 7, 2016
I hope someone could help us with our question. My dad is in the process of sponsoring my half sister. He didn’t declared her when we arrived here in Canada as PR. My half sister was a child of my father by mistake. He had a child from a girl whom she had one night stand. Ever since the child was born, we were the one who took care of her until today because the mother is incapable of sustaining her needs. We have already talked to her mother about bringing my sister here in canada and she is okay with it. She will sign any forms as she also wants her daugther to have a good future and one more thing is that she already have a new family.

My question is, based on the immigration checklist, we will ne needing a custody agreement.

1.) Is a notarized custody agreement would be enough for the immigration?

2.) I am also thinking to get a statement from her mother saying that ever since my sister was born, she never took care of her as she is incapable, she doens’t have a job and cannot provide my sister’s needs. Would that be a good idea as a supporting document?

Please answer. Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I hope someone could help us with our question. My dad is in the process of sponsoring my half sister. He didn’t declared her when we arrived here in Canada as PR. My half sister was a child of my father by mistake. He had a child from a girl whom she had one night stand. Ever since the child was born, we were the one who took care of her until today because the mother is incapable of sustaining her needs. We have already talked to her mother about bringing my sister here in canada and she is okay with it. She will sign any forms as she also wants her daugther to have a good future and one more thing is that she already have a new family.

My question is, based on the immigration checklist, we will ne needing a custody agreement.

2.) I am also thinking to get a statement from her mother saying that ever since my sister was born, she never took care of her as she is incapable, she doens’t have a job and cannot provide my sister’s needs. Would that be a good idea as a supporting document?

How did your father immigrate?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

If your dad got PR through economic immigration he can't sponsor your half-sister because he didn't declare her.