+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New message from CIC

Mohsinmehmood0

Sep 3, 2018
Hi,

I applied on 5 OCT and also linked my application on same day. My review eligibility started on 13 OCT. Today November 5 I've got a new message and I don't know what it indicates? I know my biometric validity dates but why would they send me a mail just telling me about my biometric validity?
Curious! Can someone help me what this message indicates?

RE: validity of your biometric information

Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until 2028/08/16 (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada.

What you need to know for subsequent temporary resident (TR) application

Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
• You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated above.
• However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated fee for another ten-year validity.
• Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above

• This letter is not a passport or travel document.

You will not be permitted to board your
flight without a valid passport or travel document, even if you have this letter with you.

• This letter does not allow you to enter or remain in Canada. Eligibility and admissibility to Canada will be based on current Canada Border Service Agency procedures upon entering Canada.

nerodkero

Nov 5, 2018
Hi,

I applied on 5 OCT and also linked my application on same day. My review eligibility started on 13 OCT. Today November 5 I've got a new message and I don't know what it indicates? I know my biometric validity dates but why would they send me a mail just telling me about my biometric validity?

Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until 2028/08/16 (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada.

Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
• You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated above.
• However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated fee for another ten-year validity.
• Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above

flight without a valid passport or travel document, even if you have this letter with you.

• This letter does not allow you to enter or remain in Canada. Eligibility and admissibility to Canada will be based on current Canada Border Service Agency procedures upon entering Canada.
got same letter please any one with ideas on what next please do reply thanks you

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
It means they got your biometrics and they're good for ten years. If you apply for other visas, you will not be required to re-submit biometrics.

Reactions: Rhny

nerodkero

Nov 5, 2018
It means they got your biometrics and they're good for ten years. If you apply for other visas, you will not be required to re-submit biometrics.
Here is the catch.. This is my second application, The first one, they didnt send this letter but i got refusal due to progression of studies . And now they sent this after a long wait from them . Is there any one who has been in same situation and ended up getting his visa or rejected?
Do you guys think the chances are +'ve

Reactions: Rhny

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Here is the catch.. This is my second application, The first one, they didnt send this letter but i got refusal due to progression of studies . And now they sent this after a long wait from them . Is there any one who has been in same situation and ended up getting his visa or rejected?
I don't understand.

You applied for a TRV and got refused, and then later got this letter?

This letter has absolutely nothing to do with the success of a TRV application. It is merely an acknowledgement that you submitted biometrics.

If you've been refused your TRV, that application is not still ongoing. This letter does not mean it's un-refused. This letter does not change your chances of receiving a TRV in the future. It just means CIC got your biometrics.

Mohsinmehmood0

Sep 3, 2018
I know that but I have not seen many people getting these kinds of mail here. That's why I was curious..

Mohsinmehmood0

Sep 3, 2018
Same situation here. I was refused previously abd didn't get this mail on the first time. But now I've applied again and got this mail after a month.

nerodkero

Nov 5, 2018
I don't understand.

You applied for a TRV and got refused, and then later got this letter?

This letter has absolutely nothing to do with the success of a TRV application. It is merely an acknowledgement that you submitted biometrics.

If you've been refused your TRV, that application is not still ongoing. This letter does not mean it's un-refused. This letter does not change your chances of receiving a TRV in the future. It just means CIC got your biometrics.
I mean to say the first time i applied i didnt get this letter but rather a refusal. This is my second application and i havent gotten an approval letter or rejection letter but this was the content of the letter which i got today

TYHAJAR

Mar 9, 2017
My wife got this latter after 5 weeks of waiting for temporary visa, the second day after receiving this letter, she got rejected :(. I do not think it has to do anything with acceptance.

Reactions: Rhny and karnan

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Same situation here. I was refused previously abd didn't get this mail on the first time. But now I've applied again and got this mail after a month.
If you hold a passport of one of 29 specific countries + if you had previously applied before July 31, 2018.... then you are required to give your biometrics again even if the previous biometrics were valid. In your case, your previous biometrics were not valid. The letter confirms the validity of your new biometrics

mgrc420

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi,

I know someone who got visa approval after receiving this letter and even know someone who got refusal after receiving this biometric letter. So this letter doesn't confirm visa approval or rejection but gives an idea that you will get decision with next 1-2 days and only then you will be able to know the final visa decision.

BTW, I hope your one was positive result.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12