+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
They are famous for not replying and also to blacklist your email so you can't send them nothing:

Message not delivered
There was a problem delivering your message to MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca. See the technical details below, or try resending in a few minutes.

The response from the remote server was:

550 5.7.1 Error: Rejected

My partner sent them a message to get an update and I guess they did not like it... Don't tell me they run this Canadian embassy by their own rules, in Canada that would be illegal to block an email address.... NOW, you tell me, how the hell do you want the PA to make any changes to the application if she can't send an email to MVO? I know that a visa is not a right but a privilege, however c mon MVO use some common sense when processing applications, I feel like they are abusing their powers over all of us... If you are a refugee or an asylum seeker, you'll get in with no issues and they will give you FREE room at an expensive hotel until they could find a place for you to stay, while we had to pay a lot of money and to be tossed around like a ball. my word of advice, don't wait for them, just go on with your life, time is gold.
I hear you. Very frustrating for sure!just have to play the waiting game I guess :(

cdnmike75

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Actually i dont have any idea.. I tried asking our representative and he kept on telling us to wait.. But not the only one though, i read from other forum particularly july2018 have the same timeline..
You will still have ECAS access with a representative, I would check there to see what you can see.

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
I hear you. Very frustrating for sure!just have to play the waiting game I guess :(
For some reason they have slowed big time last couple of months. I don't really know if it was the case previously. Though i seem to recall people getting processed 3-4 months after being transferred to manila.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
For some reason they have slowed big time last couple of months. I don't really know if it was the case previously. Though i seem to recall people getting processed 3-4 months after being transferred to manila.
Yeah they seem to have slowed down big time. No idea what going on there

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
I wonder if the upcoming elections have something to do with this... things have slowed down dramatically for April applicants, it's almost like everything stopped. Does anyone know when was the last PPR coming out of Manila?

cdnmike75

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
I wonder if the upcoming elections have something to do with this... things have slowed down dramatically for April applicants, it's almost like everything stopped. Does anyone know when was the last PPR coming out of Manila?
I initially believed the same thing with the election but CPC-M is still pumping out the PPR's 10 times as fast as MVO. In the Facebook page my wife is on there are 1-2 MVO a day but many many more CPC-M. We are now seeing applications from late July Approved for CPC-M applicants and it is very frustrating to see.

There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason for who gets sent to where, the latest CPC-M approved was with a remarried Application with 3 children from previous marriage residing in South Korea. I have a family friend who was in Manila in November, met up with an old friend who has a few kids and decided to get married a month later, no family at the wedding, no proof of relationship beyond the time spent in Nov and Dec and applied in March and arrived here in early June already.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
I initially believed the same thing with the election but CPC-M is still pumping out the PPR's 10 times as fast as MVO. In the Facebook page my wife is on there are 1-2 MVO a day but many many more CPC-M. We are now seeing applications from late July Approved for CPC-M applicants and it is very frustrating to see.

There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason for who gets sent to where, the latest CPC-M approved was with a remarried Application with 3 children from previous marriage residing in South Korea. I have a family friend who was in Manila in November, met up with an old friend who has a few kids and decided to get married a month later, no family at the wedding, no proof of relationship beyond the time spent in Nov and Dec and applied in March and arrived here in early June already.
Something is wrong for sure... They treat this just like a lottery draw, some applicants are more lucky than others, it is utterly BS how some applicants are treated. I am a born Canadian by birth, we go 3-4 generations, I have a lot of family in Canada that can't wait to meet us, they are asking when are you coming back home. I have lived abroad for many years and I've met a woman and we had a beautiful daughter together and now she is a Canadian citizen since early this year, and we decided that it would be a good idea for our young child to attend school in Canada, and my partner PA to join us has a family, the same partner that I have been living for over 4 years straight together, we have a lot of proof... we are not married though and maybe some MVO officer don't like the fact that we are living in a common law relationship and we have an illegitimate child but we love dearly and would never take her away from her Mom just to go to Canada... We go has a family or we stay in the PH's... I'm tired to hear the bullshit IT's IN QUEUE! Ya right, we are not all fools.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Something is wrong for sure... They treat this just like a lottery draw, some applicants are more lucky than others, it is utterly BS how some applicants are treated. I am a born Canadian by birth, we go 3-4 generations, I have a lot of family in Canada that can't wait to meet us, they are asking when are you coming back home. I have lived abroad for many years and I've met a woman and we had a beautiful daughter together and now she is a Canadian citizen since early this year, and we decided that it would be a good idea for our young child to attend school in Canada, and my partner PA to join us has a family, the same partner that I have been living for over 4 years straight together, we have a lot of proof... we are not married though and maybe some MVO officer don't like the fact that we are living in a common law relationship and we have an illegitimate child but we love dearly and would never take her away from her Mom just to go to Canada... We go has a family or we stay in the PH's... I'm tired to hear the bullshit IT's IN QUEUE! Ya right, we are not all fools.
Can u get me a job in phils while I wait for my wifes sponsorship to get approved lol

Oliva

Aug 30, 2019
Just wait for AOR2, It should be quick, like 3-5 days. When your ecas says on line "2. We started processing PA's application on September ?, 2019." - this is when they acknowledged that they have received it, so, I think you should check your ecas and see if you have AOR2 on line 2 for the applicant.
After i received email stating that my files will be transferred to MVO last Sept.14,2019, two days ago while im checking my timeline got an update indicating that they start processing my application. I am wandering anyone knows what will be the next step? My 14months turning 15 months very soon guys..this whole process is slowly killing me..

shaily829

Jun 14, 2018
Canada
After i received email stating that my files will be transferred to MVO last Sept.14,2019, two days ago while im checking my timeline got an update indicating that they start processing my application. I am wandering anyone knows what will be the next step? My 14months turning 15 months very soon guys..this whole process is slowly killing me..
Your app is turning 15 mos? Is this for spousal or conjugal/common law app? I have you tried seeking help from MP in your province?

cdnmike75

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Your app is turning 15 mos? Is this for spousal or conjugal/common law app? I have you tried seeking help from MP in your province?
I would definitely approach your local MP. You can try now but with the election they may or may not even be there 3 weeks. With you app only moving to MVO a few weeks ago, something went off when it was being review, it should not have taken over a year to get moved to MVO.

Oliva

Aug 30, 2019
I would definitely approach your local MP. You can try now but with the election they may or may not even be there 3 weeks. With you app only moving to MVO a few weeks ago, something went off when it was being review, it should not have taken over a year to get moved to MVO.

The problem with my application is that we submitted it last july 2018 but they just received it almost recently this year april 1st to be exact.. dont know why it takes them a while to received our application.. 9 months before we recieved AO1.. So all in all i waited 15 months but my timeline just started in april.. Is their anyone in the group with same situation? By the way my application is spousal with no dependent