16-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
cheesecake2016 said:
ah, kinakabahan lang po ako kasi kung nag padala kayo ng mga proof ng communication nyo na madami, bakit po kaya hiningan pakayo ng additional para dito? salamat po. actually po di ko papo napapasa hehe, may inaantay pa po kami requirement. anyway, yun akin po kasi nasa mga ganong pages din, mga 100 pages sa fb chat. di pa po kaya sapat yun? thanks po
saka wag ka kabahan okey lng ang lahat.. :D para maisip mo pa ung iba na dapat mo i submit...

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
jade83 said:
Hello xabibella,

Thanks for responding. How exactly do I request for GCMS notes? Can you please help me go about the process of requesting one? So technically, I have already received an AOR2. Is the request for the PPR next? How long will I have to wait for them to start asking this from me? I was just worried bec a friend of mine had experienced before that they submitted their application also on Decemeber (not the same year, maybe 2-3 yrs ago) by January the next year they got a response and spouse application was sent to MVO and by May of that year her husaband was already with her in Canada. I guess I was hoping ours would be the same :(
I've outlined the steps on how to request GCMS notes below. You will need a credit card and it will cost $5 CAD for every request.

1. Go to this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
2. Download the consent form IMM5744E from that page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf) . I made a guide how to fill it up here: http://i.imgur.com/WKlLtNU.jpg
3. Click 'Apply Online'
4. Click 'English'
5. Click 'Next'
6. Click on the checkbox to agree on the terms/privacy notice then click 'Continue'
7. Choose from the drop down menu, 'Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada' for *Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request. Fill up the boxes with your Canadian Citizen/PR sponsor's info. Click 'Continue' when you're done.
8. Choose 'Access to Information Act' for *What type of information are you requesting?
9. Choose 'Case Files' for *Which type of records do you wish to request?
10. Fill up the rest of the boxes with the your info (the person being sponsored).
11. Choose 'Family Class, Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada' for *What type of record would you like to request?
12. For *Specify the type of file you are requesting, choose whether you wanna see the notes on the sponsorship (Sponsor's File) or the PR application (Immigration file). Since you're already approved to sponsor, choose 'Immigration File'.
13. Choose 'Electronic notes' for *Which specific information are you looking for?
14. Input your File Number on the box (It's the one that starts with F followed by numbers)
15. Click 'Continue'.
16. On the next page, you can upload the scan of the consent form IMM5744E you filled up from Step 2. I think I also uploaded a scan of my passport and my husband's passport to prove our identity. Click 'Continue'.
17. Check if the info are correct on the next page. Click on the checkbox 'I certify that the information provided is true and wish to submit this request' then click 'Continue'.
18. Click 'Proceed to Secure Checkout'. Fill up your credit card info and click 'Process Transaction.'

They will usually get back to you with a pdf of your case notes within 30 days. It should tell you what they've done to your application so far, what the visa officer thinks of your application, if there are red flags, etc. There is a thread here in the forums where another user Eagle333 can help you interpret the terms that they use in the GCMS notes (it honestly looks like a science report haha) this is the link to the thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now-t390292.0.html. Hope that helps!

And yeah, I understand how you're feeling. When I submitted our application last June 2015, most of the other applicants are getting their visas in about 6 months so I was really hopeful and were planning around that timeline. I've seen a few here that only took 4 months but ours took a long 10 months from date of submission to getting my COPR. Some people who submitted their application months after us already landed in Canada when I didn't even have my PPR email yet! It was depressing to come to the forum sometimes when I read that haha but at the same time it gives me hope because at least I know CIC are actually working on applications. I don't know how CIC decides which applications to process first but it is what it is. You just have to be patient. Good luck on your application! :)

bonaddictus

Star Member
Mar 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Sept 15, 2015
File Transfer...
Sept. 25, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 4, 2016
LANDED..........
July 2, 2016
@xabibella,

nag VFS din ba kayo? kindly enlighten nga about sa fees? dalawa kasi ang klind nung schedule of fees doon. Visa Fee (which I believe yun yung binayaran ko in CAD) at VFS Global service fees, ito lang ba yung dapat bayaran ng bawat applicant regardless kung principal applicant or dependent? Thank you

suhavi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 16,2016
AOR Received.
March 22,2016
File Transfer...
March 31,2016
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
Hope soon
As CIC website says they have ability to do global processing now so seems the files after August 2015 are processed by visa officers from other visa offices that's why they are not showing any trend but the applications from all of the months are getting visas issued at the same time but the ones till July 2015 are processed in the same order as received by Delhi office

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
bonaddictus said:
@xabibella,

nag VFS din ba kayo? kindly enlighten nga about sa fees? dalawa kasi ang klind nung schedule of fees doon. Visa Fee (which I believe yun yung binayaran ko in CAD) at VFS Global service fees, ito lang ba yung dapat bayaran ng bawat applicant regardless kung principal applicant or dependent? Thank you
Hi bonaddictus,

Yes sa VFS Makati ako nagsubmit ng passport, in person through my relative armed with an authorization letter and my ID. The fee he paid came to a total of Php 605 which includes the mandatory transmission fee (P587) and SMS updates (P68). My passport was picked up in person too so we didn't pay the courier service fee which would have been P285.

bonaddictus

Star Member
Mar 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Sept 15, 2015
File Transfer...
Sept. 25, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 4, 2016
LANDED..........
July 2, 2016
xabibella said:
Hi bonaddictus,

Yes sa VFS Makati ako nagsubmit ng passport, in person through my relative armed with an authorization letter and my ID. The fee he paid came to a total of Php 605 which includes the mandatory transmission fee (P587) and SMS updates (P68). My passport was picked up in person too so we didn't pay the courier service fee which would have been P285.
ito na ba yung breakdown ng fees? sa website kasi nila naka itemized ang mga fees, hindi ko alam kung lahat ba yun dapat bayaran or not. Sorry kasi noong kami as family palang ang nag process wala pang VFS. Direct sa CEM ang passports.. Si wife at daughter ko ang nag ppr so bale 605x2 ang fees? Or magkaiba ang fees pag thru courier ang submission ng passports?

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
bonaddictus said:
ito na ba yung breakdown ng fees? sa website kasi nila naka itemized ang mga fees, hindi ko alam kung lahat ba yun dapat bayaran or not. Sorry kasi noong kami as family palang ang nag process wala pang VFS. Direct sa CEM ang passports.. Si wife at daughter ko ang nag ppr so bale 605x2 ang fees? Or magkaiba ang fees pag thru courier ang submission ng passports?
Yup, yan mismo yun nasa receipt ko. I'm not sure kung how much pag 2 passports (maybe P587 x 2 and then on P285 lang for courier?). Maybe call or email them just to make sure. When I emailed them, they got back to me in 24 hours.

dbsdrr30

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-December-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1:09-February-2016/AOR2:21-April-2016
File Transfer...
16-February-2016[File received MVO: 22-February-2016]
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-November-2015
Interview........
Hopefully not
Passport Req..
14-September-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-September-2016
LANDED..........
07-October-2016
10242015 said:
-we don't know the reason as well. we have almost the same timeline. no aor2 yet :(
I see. May narinig ako na dpende daw sa visa officer. Pero hopefully dumating din ang AOR2 ninyo. Good luck po! :)

bonaddictus

Star Member
Mar 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Sept 15, 2015
File Transfer...
Sept. 25, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 4, 2016
LANDED..........
July 2, 2016
xabibella said:
Yup, yan mismo yun nasa receipt ko. I'm not sure kung how much pag 2 passports (maybe P587 x 2 and then on P285 lang for courier?). Maybe call or email them just to make sure. When I emailed them, they got back to me in 24 hours.
I see. Thank you. follow up question, may VFS consent sa isa sa steps sa VFS passport submission?

May 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berna_28 said:
Thank you.. ganun ba na check mo na siguro wala nga.. :D oo susunod na rin kayo.. alm ko mahirap mag antay.. kaya pray lng tayo palgi.. sa Winnipeg din asawa ko.. ;)
Naku napakaliit ng Winnipeg, I'm sure I'll see you somehow. hehe

andreaxx

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Oct-2015
AOR Received.
AOR2 : 06-Apr-2016
File Transfer...
05-Jan-2016
Med's Request
Upfront:8-May-2015 Remed: 1-Jun-2016
Med's Done....
Remed Done: 7-Jun-2016
Passport Req..
7-Jul-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
18-Aug-2016
dbsdrr30 said:
I see. May narinig ako na dpende daw sa visa officer. Pero hopefully dumating din ang AOR2 ninyo. Good luck po! :)
Yes po depende sa officer. Sa case ko po, I got my AOR2 with additional docs after 5 months from submission.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hi! I have a question on Sponsor Questionnaire. My husband who is sponsoring me has a kid and he signed the document that shows he's the biological father. The mother though refuse financial support and visitation as she's also with another man. Actually my husband isn't sure if it's his but he signed as the father anyway . In the Sponsor Questionnaire, it asks: List your children , including those from your previous relationship./ If any of your kid do not live with you, give details of your formal / informal visiting rights. Indicate how often you visit your children and if you provide any financial support for them.

My question is, would it be possible for him not to declare his child? He signed in the birth certificate but would they find out if the check his background?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Avicon2016 said:
Hi! I have a question on Sponsor Questionnaire. My husband who is sponsoring me has a kid and he signed the document that shows he's the biological father. The mother though refuse financial support and visitation as she's also with another man. Actually my husband isn't sure if it's his but he signed as the father anyway . In the Sponsor Questionnaire, it asks: List your children , including those from your previous relationship./ If any of your kid do not live with you, give details of your formal / informal visiting rights. Indicate how often you visit your children and if you provide any financial support for them.

My question is, would it be possible for him not to declare his child? He signed in the birth certificate but would they find out if the check his background?
I answered your question in the April thread (please don't post the same message in multiple threads).

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
xabibella said:
You're welcome! And sure, feel free haha. I'm remembering when I was still slaving over our application, it felt like a thesis report with just how much work I put on it :eek:

And no, you don't have to fill up the cosigner parts, you can just write 'Not Applicable' on them. Actually, just to be safe, include all the forms from that package and if it doesn't apply to you (like the Use of Representative form), just write on them 'NOT APPLICABLE' and on the document checklist, write N/A beside the checkbox. And just sign and date all the blanks that says 'Spouse' or whatever.

For the proofs of relationship- you can just translate them yourself. You can write a note at the beginning that you yourself translated the conversations to the best of your ability and if they have questions, call/email to ask you. I think the only documents that need a 'professional' translation are the official documents like marriage/birth certificates that aren't in English.
Okay! I'll that! :) Your answers gives me comfort whenever I have question you got answers. I am so thankful for your help. I wanted to ask if the Medical Results from my husband (he's the primary applicant) needs to be submitted on the initial package that I will send to CIC?

Thank you!