Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Received 18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
Guys need suggestion here,,, when i submitted my application package (june 2015) we included a note stating that i am pregnant and after i give birth he will come with us to canada, he is included in additional dependent form,i already send his bc the moment we got it in NSO, 9pcs photo, included in Appendix A, i even submitted his passport and 2 new photo specification with ourss...

Question:
CEM didnt ask for his medical since then and up to present, he is 9mos old now should i take initiative to do his upfront medical or wait for cem to ask for it,,, also my eldest and my medicals are expired either.

Hope someone can give me insights regarding my concern thanks... Scared that CEM suddenly request for our medicals and processing will be delay again...

cheche15

Oct 10, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
question, i'm starting to answer po yung mga application for sponsored person (ako po yun), i just want to ask yung portion na :

Who proposed?
when and where did the proposal take place (date & place)

Sia naman ang nagproposed pero ang next na question pano ko masasabing thru conversation lang nmin (call & chat) napag usapan yun, as in informal lang, dahil nga nasa Canada sia.

Then next yung engagement? kailangan po ba talaga yung icelebrate? may question pa dun na if ilan yung attendees? Dito kc sa Pinas we don't even celebrate engagement diba? or engagement is equivalent to pamamanhikan (in Filipino)

Thanks in advance,

cheche

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
cheche15 said:
question, i'm starting to answer po yung mga application for sponsored person (ako po yun), i just want to ask yung portion na :

Who proposed?

Sia naman ang nagproposed pero ang next na question pano ko masasabing thru conversation lang nmin (call & chat) napag usapan yun, as in informal lang, dahil nga nasa Canada sia.

Then next yung engagement? kailangan po ba talaga yung icelebrate? may question pa dun na if ilan yung attendees? Dito kc sa Pinas we don't even celebrate engagement diba? or engagement is equivalent to pamamanhikan (in Filipino)

Thanks in advance,

cheche
Hi cheche,

just explain what happened in the proposal in your own words, it would help if you can be specific on the date/time but you don't have to make up a story to make it sound like a "traditional" proposal. Actually now that I looked at what I put on our questionnaire, it didn't really ask for an explanation (unless they updated the forms?). I just wrote down the date and for the place, I wrote down 'in my house'. You can probably write, by phone/video call or whatever and if you want, you can attach a separate page explaining how it happened and that you've been discussing getting married for a long time before he actually proposed.

re: the engagement party question- I wrote that we didn't have an official celebration for the engagement because we both didn't think it was necessary and also since it's not part of our culture to have that. But if you had 'pamamanhikan', pwede mo rin sya ilagay dun and you can list down who was around/where it happened. I believe some cultures actually have big celebrations for the engagements kaya may question na ganyan.

Mariechan

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
19-08-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:23-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:27-06-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Received 18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
xabibella said:
Hi cheche,

just explain what happened in the proposal in your own words, it would help if you can be specific on the date/time but you don't have to make up a story to make it sound like a "traditional" proposal. Actually now that I looked at what I put on our questionnaire, it didn't really ask for an explanation (unless they updated the forms?). I just wrote down the date and for the place, I wrote down 'in my house'. You can probably write, by phone/video call or whatever and if you want, you can attach a separate page explaining how it happened and that you've been discussing getting married for a long time before he actually proposed.

re: the engagement party question- I wrote that we didn't have an official celebration for the engagement because we both didn't think it was necessary and also since it's not part of our culture to have that. But if you had 'pamamanhikan', pwede mo rin sya ilagay dun and you can list down who was around/where it happened. I believe some cultures actually have big celebrations for the engagements kaya may question na ganyan.

I agree with xabibella... I did the same,,

dolly0530

Star Member
May 1, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Mania VCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-16
AOR Received.
11-06-2016 AOR2: 29-07-16
File Transfer...
07-25-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016 Status: PASSED
cheche15 said:

Who proposed?

Thanks in advance,

cheche
I do have the same situation.. Pero wat i did was..i explained in a separate sheet of paper about wat happened during the video proposal.. ( we even have a screen shot of the proposal itself). You could also provide a screen shot of your chat logs and conversations. We also reiterate that there is no actual engagement happened due to the distance we had and we decided to save our money for the wedding itself.

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
PBianca said:
Hello guys, I just want to ask lang po, kasi I was in the Netherlands for 8 years, (undocumented :'( ) My husband and I met there, and sinabi talaga namin sa questionnaire na dun kami nag meet and these and that, pero I haven't tell them that I don't have papers there, and Im a little worried na mag ask sila ng police background from NL, so I guess it's better to tell them na lang the truth no? And I'm pretty sure mag ca-cause un ng delay ng paperworks namin :( but it's ok, is there someone who has this situation like me? gusto ko lang malaman kung anong ginawa nyo kasi feeling ko ako lang may situation na ganito. Thanks in advance and good luck sa ating lahat. God bless everyone :)
hi Bianca

when you said 'undocumented' did you mean you snuck in the country without records/passport stamps at all or you went there on a visit visa and just overstayed? if it's the latter, then you are 'documented' but on an expired visa, big difference! also, when you left Netherlands, did you leave on your own or were you forced to leave/deported? I think that's the only way it would affect your application kasi if I remember right, there's a part on the forms where it asked if you were ever deported/refused admission to any country so if you left on your own, I don't think it would raise a flag for the visa officers (as opposed to having deportation orders to your name which will leave a "bad" record) Did you submit your application already? They will definitely require the police certificate from Netherlands if you lived there for 8 years so be sure to include that in your application. I don't think those police checks will have your immigration record if it's the same here in the US, my FBI background check didn't even have anything that referenced my immigration status, it just said that I didn't have any criminal history, etc.

In my opinion, it's best to be completely honest on your application rather than them finding out and then they'll be suspicious as to why you lied. Also, if I remember right, on your Background Declaration form, they have a personal history question there where it asked for all the places you lived in since you were 18 and what was your status there if it wasn't your home country. In my case, I'm in the US on a student permit but I'm also working part time which is technically not allowed while on this kind of visa BUT I still wrote down on that form that I was working while going to school plus the name of my employer. They didn't seem to have a problem over it seeing as I already have my CoPR :p On the other hand, if I omitted that piece of info, I'm sure my employment history will eventually show up in the background check since I pay taxes, etc. and now they'll be wondering why I didn't declare that and they might think I'm hiding something. This is just my opinion though!

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
Hi Marie

is your husband a Canadian citizen? Don't quote me on this but I believe if one of the parent is a Canadian citizen, then the child is already Canadian, therefore you don't need to sponsor him/her (I think kailangan nyo lang mag-apply for for proof of citizenship or something like that, the CIC website should have all the info :p)

if your husband is a Permanent Resident then yea, the child have to be sponsored but since you already submitted all the required documents, then you just have to wait for what Manila VO will say.

For the re-medicals, I believe you have to wait for CIC to request for the medicals again. Sometimes they do extend the validity of the exams (mine had a one month extension)

cheche15

Oct 10, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
Thanks dolly0530 & xabibella :D :)

may follow up questions pa ako, sorry guys (newbie here)

1. Relationship namin is from 2010-2012, then 2013-2014 (we broke up-casual conversation lang meron kmi..usually kamustahan lang minsan iwas din ako sa pagreply sa knia), then 2015 nagkaayos kami, until we decided to settle na sa 2017, my question is, may impact kaya yung 2 years kming wala?

2. After wedding we only have 4 weeks to complete everything, kaya sinisimulan ko na yung pwedeng tapusin this year, sabay ng pag aayos ko sa kasal namin, do you think kaya namin yung 4 weeks to complete our application para naman pagbalik nia dun dala na nia lahat at ready to mail na yung application?

3. About sa mga old pictures, i don't even remember yung exact date, months and year lang kaya kong maalala, though yung ibang pics namin may mga dates na nakaprint, pano po yun?

4. Yung mga addressess, dapat po ba lahat? kc mula nung nagcollege ako here in Manila palipat lipat kami ng nirerent, may isa kcng question dun nakita ko from 18th birthday or 10 years which ever is most recent, ang problema ko pa during weekend naman nauwi ako sa permanent address namin (province/sa mga parents ko)

THANK YOU AGAIN :)

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
cheche15 said:
Thanks dolly0530 & xabibella :D :)

may follow up questions pa ako, sorry guys (newbie here)

1. Relationship namin is from 2010-2012, then 2013-2014 (we broke up-casual conversation lang meron kmi..usually kamustahan lang minsan iwas din ako sa pagreply sa knia), then 2015 nagkaayos kami, until we decided to settle na sa 2017, my question is, may impact kaya yung 2 years kming wala?

2. After wedding we only have 4 weeks to complete everything, kaya sinisimulan ko na yung pwedeng tapusin this year, sabay ng pag aayos ko sa kasal namin, do you think kaya namin yung 4 weeks to complete our application para naman pagbalik nia dun dala na nia lahat at ready to mail na yung application?

3. About sa mga old pictures, i don't even remember yung exact date, months and year lang kaya kong maalala, though yung ibang pics namin may mga dates na nakaprint, pano po yun?

4. Yung mga addressess, dapat po ba lahat? kc mula nung nagcollege ako here in Manila palipat lipat kami ng nirerent, may isa kcng question dun nakita ko from 18th birthday or 10 years which ever is most recent, ang problema ko pa during weekend naman nauwi ako sa permanent address namin (province/sa mga parents ko)

THANK YOU AGAIN :)
you're welcome! and no problem! kaya nga may forum na ganito so we can all help each other out. You know naman how reliable CIC communication is haha ???

1. I don't think it will have an impact, plenty of couples have the same history like yours and its totally normal (actually yun brother ko din ganyan, him and his wife had a 5 year break in their relationship before they decided to settle down, they were high school sweethearts too haha) What I think would help is if you can include a timeline (with all the years/dates) of your relationship para ma-explain nyo ng ayos how your relationship grew and developed.

2. If you can get all the paperworks ready before then, I'm sure you can. If I remember right, the ones that took long to get in my case were the NBI/police clearances and nso copy of birth certificates, etc. so whatever you can request now, kunin nyo na. the NBI/police clearances have a validity of 6 months (I think? i-double check mo din) meaning kailangan ma-receive ng CIC yun certificate within 6 months of its issue so i-estimate nyo when the best time would be to request it. For the medicals, I don't know if all doctor's offices have the electronic results thing (where they submit the medical results online and you just get a receipt to send to CIC), if yes then you can wait to get the medicals for maybe around a month before you submit your application para mas matagal ang validity (they are only valid for a year but CIC can extend it). I had my medical around 10 days before I submitted my application. Are you getting married in the Philippines? If so, I think ang matagal lang na iintayin nyo is the copy of the marriage certificate. I've heard it takes months unless ikaw mismo ang mag-aayos? maybe someone else can advise you on this. I got married here in the US and right after the ceremony, nasa kin na yun marriage certificate namin :p

3. if you can't remember the exact date, you can just include the month/year and just write there saying na you can't remember the exact day when it was taken. You can have the dates on the other pictures since nandun na rin naman un info. Remember to provide the other details though like who was in the picture, where it was taken, what you were doing, etc.

4. hm I think I listed on mine since I was 18 years old and ganyan din ako, I had an apartment when I was in school in Manila and I had my address in the province with my parents. I just listed both with the same dates/duration and nag-add lang ako ng note about this to explain na I was just renting to be closer to the school kaya same yun dates. Kung hindi kasya dun sa spaces sa form, you can just add a separate paper with all the addresses. Basta i-label mo lang with your Name/Date of Birth at the top with the Form Name and question number.

edit: oh I just realized na next year pa kayo ikakasal, that's perfect kasi mas maayos nyo un mga "proofs of relationship" nyo from now on. Keep all your receipts (restaurant receipts, movie dates, trips, etc), all your snail mails/gifts to each other, take a lot of pictures wherever you go, take pictures together with your friends and family whenever you can. If you're long distance, ngaun pa lang, mag start ka na magscreen shot ng communication/chat nyo (like maybe once a week, mag screenshot ka ng conversation nyo for one day or with video call history, or facebook posts/tags from friends acknowledging your relationship, etc.)

cheche15

Oct 10, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MVO
xabibella said:
you're welcome! and no problem! kaya nga may forum na ganito so we can all help each other out. You know naman how reliable CIC communication is haha ???

1. I don't think it will have an impact, plenty of couples have the same history like yours and its totally normal (actually yun brother ko din ganyan, him and his wife had a 5 year break in their relationship before they decided to settle down, they were high school sweethearts too haha) What I think would help is if you can include a timeline (with all the years/dates) of your relationship para ma-explain nyo ng ayos how your relationship grew and developed.

2. If you can get all the paperworks ready before then, I'm sure you can. If I remember right, the ones that took long to get in my case were the NBI/police clearances and nso copy of birth certificates, etc. so whatever you can request now, kunin nyo na. the NBI/police clearances have a validity of 6 months (I think? i-double check mo din) meaning kailangan ma-receive ng CIC yun certificate within 6 months of its issue so i-estimate nyo when the best time would be to request it. For the medicals, I don't know if all doctor's offices have the electronic results thing (where they submit the medical results online and you just get a receipt to send to CIC), if yes then you can wait to get the medicals for maybe around a month before you submit your application para mas matagal ang validity (they are only valid for a year but CIC can extend it). I had my medical around 10 days before I submitted my application. Are you getting married in the Philippines? If so, I think ang matagal lang na iintayin nyo is the copy of the marriage certificate. I've heard it takes months unless ikaw mismo ang mag-aayos? maybe someone else can advise you on this. I got married here in the US and right after the ceremony, nasa kin na yun marriage certificate namin :p

3. if you can't remember the exact date, you can just include the month/year and just write there saying na you can't remember the exact day when it was taken. You can have the dates on the other pictures since nandun na rin naman un info. Remember to provide the other details though like who was in the picture, where it was taken, what you were doing, etc.

4. hm I think I listed on mine since I was 18 years old and ganyan din ako, I had an apartment when I was in school in Manila and I had my address in the province with my parents. I just listed both with the same dates/duration and nag-add lang ako ng note about this to explain na I was just renting to be closer to the school kaya same yun dates. Kung hindi kasya dun sa spaces sa form, you can just add a separate paper with all the addresses. Basta i-label mo lang with your Name/Date of Birth at the top with the Form Name and question number.

edit: oh I just realized na next year pa kayo ikakasal, that's perfect kasi mas maayos nyo un mga "proofs of relationship" nyo from now on. Keep all your receipts (restaurant receipts, movie dates, trips, etc), all your snail mails/gifts to each other, take a lot of pictures wherever you go, take pictures together with your friends and family whenever you can. If you're long distance, ngaun pa lang, mag start ka na magscreen shot ng communication/chat nyo (like maybe once a week, mag screenshot ka ng conversation nyo for one day or with video call history, or facebook posts/tags from friends acknowledging your relationship, etc.)
Thanks a lot :)
Yep sa January 2017 na yung church wedding namin, so far wala naman akong problems sa mga pictures, dahil mga outing namin during highschools and during college with our friends are complete naman, even yung mga pictures namin nung umuwi sia last 2012, madami din, nagsimula na akonng kumuha ng mga conversation namin from 2010-2011, nasa 2012 na ako, then 2015 halos daily kami nagkakausap, ako nalang din magtranslate since we're using our dialect. Ang problema ko nalang is yung mga after wedding/honeymoon na pictures, i also keep mga contracts namin sa mga wedding supplier namin, after wedding na lahat ng nbi/police clearance, passport, medical at marriage cert (we can get daw within 2-3 weeks, kami na maglalakad sa NSO main)

Kaya sinisumulan ko na sia para yung remaining nalang after wedding, yung forms din nia chinecheck kona para madala nia yung requirements pag uwi nia, we only have 6 weeks para magkasama here, competing the wedding and my application. Sa medical po ba anong mga ginagawa, need bang magfasting? may mga CBC ba?

Thanks!!

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
cheche15 said:
Thanks a lot :)
Yep sa January 2017 na yung church wedding namin, so far wala naman akong problems sa mga pictures, dahil mga outing namin during highschools and during college with our friends are complete naman, even yung mga pictures namin nung umuwi sia last 2012, madami din, nagsimula na akonng kumuha ng mga conversation namin from 2010-2011, nasa 2012 na ako, then 2015 halos daily kami nagkakausap, ako nalang din magtranslate since we're using our dialect. Ang problema ko nalang is yung mga after wedding/honeymoon na pictures, i also keep mga contracts namin sa mga wedding supplier namin, after wedding na lahat ng nbi/police clearance, passport, medical at marriage cert (we can get daw within 2-3 weeks, kami na maglalakad sa NSO main)

Kaya sinisumulan ko na sia para yung remaining nalang after wedding, yung forms din nia chinecheck kona para madala nia yung requirements pag uwi nia, we only have 6 weeks para magkasama here, competing the wedding and my application. Sa medical po ba anong mga ginagawa, need bang magfasting? may mga CBC ba?

Thanks!!
aw congrats! mas okay yan para ma-establish nyo talaga na genuine yun relationship nyo. :D

I don't know if its the same medical exam everywhere (I had mine here in the US) but I had a chest x-ray, urine sample and blood sample taken. I wasn't asked to fast before my exam. You can call the the doctor's office first before you go in case iba un ibigay nila na instruction. (The list of official CIC immigration doctors are in the CIC website here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx)

Mariechan

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
19-08-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:23-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:27-06-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Received 18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
xabibella said:
Hi Marie

is your husband a Canadian citizen? Don't quote me on this but I believe if one of the parent is a Canadian citizen, then the child is already Canadian, therefore you don't need to sponsor him/her (I think kailangan nyo lang mag-apply for for proof of citizenship or something like that, the CIC website should have all the info :p)

if your husband is a Permanent Resident then yea, the child have to be sponsored but since you already submitted all the required documents, then you just have to wait for what Manila VO will say.

For the re-medicals, I believe you have to wait for CIC to request for the medicals again. Sometimes they do extend the validity of the exams (mine had a one month extension)

Sorry i have to quote u to say thanks for the insights,,my husband is pr in canada, yes i did submit all the required docs except for his upfront,, and as u said i think i really need to wait for them.. We Just pray and hope that this is it,,, what we've been waiting for...
Also i've been told that cem last step is ppr and new photo spec done with that... Submitted last may 5, 2016 *fingers crossed*

cheesecake2016

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
hello ask ko lang po, worried lang ako sa gifts, kasi nilagay namin ung sa gifts hindi ung pang first meeting namin kundi ung throughout our relationship po, pero di ko na natago ang receipts. may kaso po ba un? thanks

Lalah1430

May 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-16
AOR Received.
07-06-16
File Transfer...
SA 19-07-16/IP 24-07-16l AOR2 29-07-2016
Med's Done....
14-04-2016
Di ko nalagay/ nadeclare ung dependent child ng hubby ko sa previous relationship nya.. Ano pede ko gawin?

Pls help thanks