+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

codepink

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Nothing special. Maybe just experience filling out forms from the PR application.
My sister’s app was received Nov 15. Was transeffered to MVO Dec 18th and Started processing Jan 9th, until now we haven’t heard anything from them even pre arrival. We’re almost on the same timeline tho. Did you received email for aor 2?

Shandy16

Mar 5, 2019
Hi sa lahat.

Ask ko lang,.. Kung lahat na ba eh passed. Gano kaya katagal ang Passport request. Anybody have experienced this.
Please share
Thank you

Scott042719

Aug 21, 2019
Any June Applicants get there PPR in last week or so, My Wife is still waiting and she got her Pre-Arrival on December 20th.
Thank You

iamerickson

Dec 20, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Our papers were sent to Manila VO on Feb 6 and never heard anything since. How long does it take before the VO sends an email? I see other applicants having decision made and passport request already... It shows that the processing started february 19, is it the AOR 2? I feel like my paper is taking much longer :(

on the online tool here are the update
We received your application for permanent residence on November 18, 2019.
We started processing your application on February 19, 2020.
We sent you medical instructions on January 21, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you a letter on February 6, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
> The letter is an email sent to us letting us know that our papers are being moved to Manila Visa Office

On the GCKEY application linked, here are the detailed update:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
January 31, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
We do not need additional documents.
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

babychikay

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
AOR Received.
11-12-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Med's Done....
19-12-2019
Hello Everyone,

Our papers were sent to Manila VO on Feb 6 and never heard anything since. How long does it take before the VO sends an email? I see other applicants having decision made and passport request already... It shows that the processing started february 19, is it the AOR 2? I feel like my paper is taking much longer :(

on the online tool here are the update
We received your application for permanent residence on November 18, 2019.
We started processing your application on February 19, 2020.
We sent you medical instructions on January 21, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you a letter on February 6, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
> The letter is an email sent to us letting us know that our papers are being moved to Manila Visa Office

On the GCKEY application linked, here are the detailed update:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
January 31, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
We do not need additional documents.
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Based on other apps timelines, it takes 2-6months average to get an update from MVO after transfer. I guess we just need to be extraaaaaaaaa patient LOL. So frustrating to see others move progress way faster, right? Here's my timeline.

Spousal Application

22-Nov-2019 - App received
11-Dec-2019 - AOR1
18- Dec-2019 - SA
17-Dec-2019 - Biometrics Request
19-Dec-2019 - Biometrics Completed
19-Dec-2019 - Medical request/taken
28-Dec-2019 - Medical passed
6-Jan-2020 - Transferred to MVO
14-Jan-2020 - AOR2
Pre-A --- xxx
DM --- xxx
PPR --- xxx

mdamatac

Jan 21, 2020
Hello,

I am not sure where to post this question, so I am trying it here and hoping someone can help.

My dad is a PR and arrived in Canada in July 2017. In Nov. of same year, he went back home to deal with some personal matters. He has not come back since.

Now, he wants to come back to Canada. We were trying to book tickets for him and my mom (no issue with her), but the travel agent advised us to contact the Philippine Consulate as he may need to pay because of "overstaying". Anyone familiar with this?

Thank you very much!
I don't get how your dad is overstaying since he's just a Canada PR and is still a Filipino citizen. In my case, I was in canada January 2015 - April 2017 and was in Philippines April 2017 - June 2019 but I did not have any issue with "overstaying". But you should check if your dad's PR status won't be revoked.

satmigs

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Hi! Ask ko lang kasi I wear hearing aids but not born deaf, other than that normal naman. May magiging problem kaya sa medical if ever, gonna submitt spousal visa application next month.

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Contact and Office Information

Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Due to ongoing concerns related to the spread of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Embassy of Canada in the Philippines will be closed until further notice. Canadians in need of assistance should contact the Emergency Watch and Response Centre.

vishaaa17

Mar 16, 2020
Hi! Ask ko lang kasi I wear hearing aids but not born deaf, other than that normal naman. May magiging problem kaya sa medical if ever, gonna submitt spousal visa application next month.
Dapat walang issue. Bring with you a medical certificate stating your condition kasi the doctor who will do you physical evaluation will surely ask for it. Part of the medical exam (basic): Visual Acuity, Xray, Urinalysis, HIV, Syphillis, CBC. If may mga findings yung examinations mo, they will request for more tests

cantthinkofaname

Star Member
May 18, 2018
is everything on hold now because of the coronavirus situation?

We’ve had no updates or any information since the pre-arrival email.

I understand the pre arrival to be optional. I don’t see much reason for a teenager to attend, though I suppose they wouldn’t be having any of the seminars now or anytime soon.

babychikay

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
AOR Received.
11-12-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Med's Done....
19-12-2019
Canada in the Philippines

@CanEmbPH
Visa Application Centers (VAC) in Cebu and Manila are planning to open on Apr13 from 10AM-2PM to release passports and decisions only

Applicants whose decision envelopes/passports were released to the VAC will receive an SMS or email with instructions on how to claim these