+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*NEW* MANILA VISA OFFICE Philippines SPOUSE/FAMILY TIMELINE

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Excellent news. Mine too. Curious, what does your status in Online portal look like? Mine still says Processing Background, etc etc, yet PA received request for passport last friday...
Same, do not worry about that;) Did you get your passport back and COPR?

cdnmike75

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Excellent news. Mine too. Curious, what does your status in Online portal look like? Mine still says Processing Background, etc etc, yet PA received request for passport last friday...
As Stephan said don't worry :) But ours is updated to approved and all the dates filled in. The background check was done Aug. 20 (the day we did see our Ghost update) and the eligibility review completed Sept 18.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi cdnmike75 question my wife already has the GCP certificate from when she took seminar last year.. Where does she bring it to get stamped?
If you aren't close to where you took the course another option is you can also get it stamped at the airport in MNL on your departure, have to call Immigration at NAIA and tell them the flight and time you are leaving to make sure one of the people who can do it will be there. My wife spoke to them, they said they do it all the time.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
If you aren't close to where you took the course another option is you can also get it stamped at the airport in MNL on your departure, have to call Immigration at NAIA and tell them the flight and time you are leaving to make sure one of the people who can do it will be there. My wife spoke to them, they said they do it all the time.
Doesnt the person get the stamp/sticker the day of the course?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Doesnt the person get the stamp/sticker the day of the course?
Only if they take the course after they get their PR visa in their PP. And I stand corrected by my Asawa, it is stamped at NAIA by CFO, Commission on Filipino's Overseas, call them directly in MNL prior to your planned departure date.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Only if they take the course after they get their PR visa in their PP. And I stand corrected by my Asawa, it is stamped at NAIA by CFO, Commission on Filipino's Overseas, call them directly in MNL prior to your planned departure date.
Thank you for your reply. My asawa will have her Visa with her at the seminar so I guess shell get it stamped when she completes it

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
If you are a canadian citizen...your husband or wife have to attend the GCP...not at the airport...if your sponsor is only PR it is called PDOS

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
If you are a canadian citizen...your husband or wife have to attend the GCP...not at the airport...if your sponsor is only PR it is called PDOS
I am Canadian sponsoring my spouse from Philippines. She received her PR visa so she need to attend GCP seminar before leaving Philippines

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I hope it didn't sound like I was saying you could do the seminar at the airport, only the stamping of your PP. So if you did the seminar in the past before you applied for PR in Canada that is an option.

I believe it has changed recently, but in the past before a Filipino could get their new passport in their spouses name they had to attend the seminar which is what we had to do.

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Same, do not worry about that;) Did you get your passport back and COPR?
Not yet... it took the PA about a week to muster the time to walk to the three blocks to drop it off :| (Philippines... ugh). We did get emails from VFS with tracking numbers...

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Yes that is correct...happy for you bro !
Interesting, this is the first I have heard of this GCP . Does this apply for conjugal PR as well, and does a 17 year old dependent of PA also have to attend? I checked the website and it looks like they require a bunch of documentation.. sigh.

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
I hope it didn't sound like I was saying you could do the seminar at the airport, only the stamping of your PP. So if you did the seminar in the past before you applied for PR in Canada that is an option.

I believe it has changed recently, but in the past before a Filipino could get their new passport in their spouses name they had to attend the seminar which is what we had to do.
Not yet... it took the PA about a week to muster the time to walk to the three blocks to drop it off :| (Philippines... ugh). We did get emails from VFS with tracking numbers...
Lol should have taken a Grab