+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New job - different NOC code

Alicialeigh

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hello all. My application for CEC is based on two previous roles held; one in the UK and one in Canada - both NOC 1241. I'm currently back in the UK and looking for any type of temporary work so I can save some money for my (hopefully) return to Canada. If the role I find falls under a different NOC, is this likely to cause an issue with my application? Many thanks in advance for any advice.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Assuming you didn't claim points for a valid job offer, which you can't anyway as you're back in the UK now.
If you have already submitted your application, where you work now is irrelevant to your application. You can do whatever you want.
If you have not submitted your application, all your have to do is add your new job to the personal history section of the application form. Again you can work wherever you want.

Alicialeigh

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure if it'd cause an issue as they say to let them know if you have a 'career' change. But as the experience I've gained points from is in the past, I guess it's fine as you say.