+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

!! New IRCC webinar about changes in study permit processing is now announced

amsanae

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Here is some information from today's WEBINAR.

1. They have No Idea when VACs(India) reopen
2. Non-sds will also be processed if it is a complete application which includes bio and medical.
3. No need to write IELTS again if your test results have expired after you submit an application. If visa approved and IELTS expires by the time you reach Canada then also you do not have to take IELTS again.
4. New Delhi office and sister offices are working on Indian applications.
5. Update the date in your LOA if the start dates change by a week or two so you don't face any issue at the port of entry.
6. If your course is HYBRID and you have a proof from DLI or if it's mentioned in your LOA then you may travel to Canada(applicants after March 18th approval)
7. PTE results accepted.
8. PTE doesn't fall under SDS.
9. 2 stage approval is for complete applications too - it is not just for incomplete applications.
10. 1st stage refused - considered as a complete refusal.
11. You can work in home country while doing online class. This won't impact PGWP.
12. According to IRCC, they have already issued AIP to some Indian Applicants.
13. According to IRCC, they will try to issue AIP before Sep 15. However, there are some chances that some applicants may receive AIP after Sep 15 for fall 2020 course.
14. Stage 2 will only be refused if you have a criminal record or you do not pass the medical. Then there are other factors like if you have done something illegal or you are a spy. Stage 1 approval means that you have passed the usual eligibility criteria ie you are a genuine student, enough funds, gic paid and stuff like that.
Also Incomplete SDS Apps will be transferred to non-SDS

Asmii

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019

2. Non-sds will also be processed if it is a complete application which includes bio and medical.
3. No need to write IELTS again if your test results have expired after you submit an application. If visa approved and IELTS expires by the time you reach Canada then also you do not have to take IELTS again.
5. Update the date in your LOA if the start dates change by a week or two so you don't face any issue at the port of entry.
6. If your course is HYBRID and you have a proof from DLI or if it's mentioned in your LOA then you may travel to Canada(applicants after March 18th approval)
7. PTE results accepted.
9. 2 stage approval is for complete applications too - it is not just for incomplete applications.
11. You can work in home country while doing online class. This won't impact PGWP.
13. According to IRCC, they will try to issue AIP before Sep 15. However, there are some chances that some applicants may receive AIP after Sep 15 for fall 2020 course.
14. Stage 2 will only be refused if you have a criminal record or you do not pass the medical. Then there are other factors like if you have done something illegal or you are a spy. Stage 1 approval means that you have passed the usual eligibility criteria ie you are a genuine student, enough funds, gic paid and stuff like that.
Someone with biometric done will they receive AIP ? I mean will there file also be processed in 1st and 2nd stage and is the 1st and 2nd stage processing is for non SDS too?

Reactions: lified20.1

amsanae

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Someone with biometric done will they receive AIP ? I mean will there file also be processed in 1st and 2nd stage and is the 1st and 2nd stage processing is for non SDS too?
AIP is for both streams (SDS and non-SDS)

Since VAC's are closed in India, they cannot issue visas.

zeen2019

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
I felt the same way too. That was such an irresponsible answer.
Yea exactly. I mean I get it, things change, the reps cant know everything about a situation thats not even in play at the moment and we are being told the canadian govt is fully supportive and aware of international students and their hurdles but the way to answer the question could have been a bit more understanding.
Oh well.... Let's just take this one step at a time.

Reactions: GradStudent18

Jcn99

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
I think It’s most unfair of IRCC to make promises of study permit applications being prioritized, yet leave applicants in the dark for such painfully long periods, why promise what you are not set to deliver? And speaking of the two stage approval, how are students supposed to focus with so much uncertainty as to whether they will infarct get final approval, not even the certainty that you will get a refund should your final decision turn out negative. My frustrations are growing by the minute as I feel more helpless every day that passes by.

Reactions: GradStudent18

Devika12

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
Jalandhar
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2020
Med's Done....
Aug 2, 2020
My college clearly states that you should provide AIP before classes start. Now if they provide my AIP after September 15, what options are left? This is so unclear.

Vijay1983

Mar 27, 2020
Hi,

@Mandalorian Please address my quire,

I am planning to study in Canada LLM(Masters) or any Law related Graduate program. I have done my Bachelors in Engineering in 2004 and i have 11 years of Work exp into Software. I resigned my job and joined LLB (Bachelors) in India. Now i am in Final year. Do i have any chance to get student visa for doing LLM or any law related graduate program. or only MBA will be suitable. I have also applied for SINP and my score is 63, as my score is low i am planning for study permit. Will Visa officer consider my application by not taking into account of PR application. Is there any mismatch of course if i select Law. Please advice as this has great impact on my career.

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hi,

@Mandalorian Please address my quire,

I am planning to study in Canada LLM(Masters) or any Law related Graduate program. I have done my Bachelors in Engineering in 2004 and i have 11 years of Work exp into Software. I resigned my job and joined LLB (Bachelors) in India. Now i am in Final year. Do I have any chance to get student visa for doing LLM or any law related graduate program. or only MBA will be suitable. I have also applied for SINP and my score is 63, as my score is low i am planning for study permit. Will Visa officer consider my application by not taking into account of PR application. Is there any mismatch of course if i select Law. Please advice as this has great impact on my career.
I'm not sure if I'm the right person to advise. I, myself did BSC Computer and then switched my career to Graphic Designing(Also learned animation course while working). I have 9 years of work experience as G.D and now I'm moving to Media(Scriptwriting). I still haven't got my visa. But I'm hoping that I would convince the visa officer as to how my program would be beneficial to my career. I actually have a conditional job offer from an employer to prove my career progression. But if you do complete your LLB program and you do it well with good merits then I guess the best option for you would be to choose a program related to law.
Also, your PR application shouldn't be a problem for study visa. 30-40% ppl who submit for study visa would have an Express entry profile.
Feel free to ask suggestions from more people here in the forum. If you are still not sure then contact a Canadian Immigrant Consultant\Lawyer to get the best opinion. Don't ask Indian immigration consultancy. They would say anything to suit your needs.
Here's the thing about Indian immigration consultancy. They usually have a tie-up with Canadian colleges, If your visa gets approved they get a huge commission from college. If not then there is absolutely no loss for them. They will say anything to lure you into applying for Study visa.

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020

7. PTE results accepted.
15. If you are planning to travel to Canada, you must provide a QUARANTINE PLAN to the relevant team. If not you may not be found admissible to enter Canada.
I just gave my IELTS today as it had expired. What a shame. A waste of 14k.

Reactions: Panku Trehan

Panku Trehan

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
There will be a Q&A session post the meeting. Anyone has any questions please post here. I'll try to ask your questions.
Pls ask them when will we get approval as colleges are asking for registration and we don’t have results. So whn will we get our result.pls ask them