+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

!! New IRCC webinar about changes in study permit processing is now announced

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Btw, are they still gonna come up with more updates? Fall classes are about the begin.
They did not keep up on their words from last webinar(about processing Indian applicants file). I wonder if this is gonna be any different.

Reactions: Panku Trehan

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
There will be a Q&A session post the meeting. Anyone has any questions please post here. I'll try to ask your questions.
Plz ask if some one's gcms notes shows interview recomended (the date shows 16 march 2020 when this review was put on gcms notes) and embassies are closed .will they get aproval for online or not ?

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Here is some information from today's WEBINAR.

1. They have No Idea when VACs(India) reopen
2. Non-sds will also be processed if it is a complete application which includes bio and medical.
3. No need to write IELTS again if your test results have expired after you submit an application. If visa approved and IELTS expires by the time you reach Canada then also you do not have to take IELTS again.
4. New Delhi office and sister offices are working on Indian applications.
5. Update the date in your LOA if the start dates change by a week or two so you don't face any issue at the port of entry.
6. If your course is HYBRID and you have a proof from DLI or if it's mentioned in your LOA then you may travel to Canada(applicants after March 18th approval)
7. PTE results accepted.
8. PTE doesn't fall under SDS.
9. 2 stage approval is for complete applications too - it is not just for incomplete applications.
10. 1st stage refused - considered as a complete refusal.
11. You can work in home country while doing online class. This won't impact PGWP.
12. According to IRCC, they have already issued AIP to some Indian Applicants.
13. According to IRCC, they will try to issue AIP before Sep 15. However, there are some chances that some applicants may receive AIP after Sep 15 for fall 2020 course.
14. Stage 2 will only be refused if you have a criminal record or you do not pass the medical. Then there are other factors like if you have done something illegal or you are a spy. Stage 1 approval means that you have passed the usual eligibility criteria ie you are a genuine student, enough funds, gic paid and stuff like that.
15. If you are planning to travel to Canada, you must provide a QUARANTINE PLAN to the relevant team. If not you may not be found admissible to enter Canada.

Last edited:

zeen2019

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
A general webinar. I dont think they have any more answers then the ones already being updated on the website.

The one thing that bothered me , and Ill be honest, Im not a pessimist at all, is how every time someone asked that what happens if we dont get stage 2 approval and the reps kept saying well then you have to decide what to do, continue with your course or not. And at the same time, the AIP is supposed to give us confidence in continuing with the educational plans. came across as a bit callous but hey, let's not even put that out in the universe. Just something I got a bit annoyed with

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
A general webinar. I dont think they have any more answers then the ones already being updated on the website.

The one thing that bothered me , and Ill be honest, Im not a pessimist at all, is how every time someone asked that what happens if we dont get stage 2 approval and the reps kept saying well then you have to decide what to do, continue with your course or not. And at the same time, the AIP is supposed to give us confidence in continuing with the educational plans. came across as a bit callous but hey, let's not even put that out in the universe. Just something I got a bit annoyed with
I felt the same way too. That was such an irresponsible answer.