+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New IRCC Portal - Study Permit

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
Hey Guys,

Has anyone tried applying for a study permit through the new ( Visitor Visa IRCC Portal)? There is now an option for a study permit.

Oct 14, 2021
I have applied through it. I don't know if it's the same as GCkey portal because I haven't checked that out. The process was easy to follow and fairly simple as all you have to do is put in the details and then upload documents. One thing tho, document sizes are limited to 2mb, had to do a lot of compressing files. Did my biometrics (got letter in 2 days) and now I'm waiting for the decision I guess.

Jh1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
I have applied through it. I don't know if it's the same as GCkey portal because I haven't checked that out. The process was easy to follow and fairly simple as all you have to do is put in the details and then upload documents. One thing tho, document sizes are limited to 2mb, had to do a lot of compressing files. Did my biometrics (got letter in 2 days) and now I'm waiting for the decision I guess.

That was the same thing I used though...
Very fast and simple

Jh1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
In which country are you applying from?

mzk_immigrate

Nov 26, 2021
Hey did your Student Visa get approved through the new IRCC portal.

Oct 14, 2021
Did you apply for Jan intake?
It has been mentioned that they will respond in 15-30 business days.
I don't know if this will work. No one seems to be applying through this portal.
Yea January. I know rarely anyone has applied through here but to be honest it seems the same as GCKEY. Same like anyone who has applied through GCKEY, got BIL within the first week and now waiting waiting waiting. My wait time has been over 5 weeks now and I don't really even expect a decision in the next 5 weeks lol. In short, processing times are ridiculous on both platforms I guess.

Ellen Zhao

Jan 19, 2022
Yea January. I know rarely anyone has applied through here but to be honest it seems the same as GCKEY. Same like anyone who has applied through GCKEY, got BIL within the first week and now waiting waiting waiting. My wait time has been over 5 weeks now and I don't really even expect a decision in the next 5 weeks lol. In short, processing times are ridiculous on both platforms I guess.
Is your study permit application via the new portal approved now?

Ellen Zhao

Jan 19, 2022
Thank You. I am planning to submit a study permit recently through the new portal.
Rejected. Reason is my financial status. Doesn't make sense to me as I showed more than adequate bank balance. Waiting on gcms notes.
Thank you. I am planning to submit a study permit application recently.

Covenant

Jul 3, 2021
Hello, on the education costs how did you answer the tuition fees part and funds available. Do you estimate for two years but still put one years fees as funds available?