+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New international student grad, and new PR pathway

Feb 17, 2019
Hello,

I will be applying for PGWP tonight to fall under implied status to authorize me to work as I do have a pending job offer.

I recently graduated this month, and I want to know if I'm eligible for the new PR pathway for international students opening tomorrow.

"Graduates and workers must ...be present, authorized to work and working in Canada at the time of their application to qualify" according to IRCC. If I read further about the policy at IRCC, it states that I must "be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work pursuant to the Act and Regulations...".

According to Canadavisa.com, I "must be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work at the time the application is received".

Is having implied PGWP status considered an authorization to work, and am I therefore qualified to apply for the new PR pathway for international graduates tomorrow? Or do I have to be both working and authorized to work? It's just so confusing.

Cheers

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello,

I will be applying for PGWP tonight to fall under implied status to authorize me to work as I do have a pending job offer.

I recently graduated this month, and I want to know if I'm eligible for the new PR pathway for international students opening tomorrow.

"Graduates and workers must ...be present, authorized to work and working in Canada at the time of their application to qualify" according to IRCC. If I read further about the policy at IRCC, it states that I must "be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work pursuant to the Act and Regulations...".

According to Canadavisa.com, I "must be employed in Canada with a valid permit or authorization to work at the time the application is received".

Is having implied PGWP status considered an authorization to work, and am I therefore qualified to apply for the new PR pathway for international graduates tomorrow? Or do I have to be both working and authorized to work? It's just so confusing.

Cheers
Need to be employed and working. With implied status you're good. But the main point, you need to be working.