+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Hi,

My parents submitted their tourist visa application from India on 9th Oct from India on the new IRCC portal. They finished their biometrics on Oct 25th but there has been no update since then.
Are there others here who have a similar timeline and are still waiting or just receive their PPR request?
For my parents, the eligibility review has not even started. Any pointers regarding possible timelines would be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Sunil

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Hi,

My parents submitted their tourist visa application from India on 9th Oct from India on the new IRCC portal. They finished their biometrics on Oct 25th but there has been no update since then.
Are there others here who have a similar timeline and are still waiting or just receive their PPR request?
For my parents, the eligibility review has not even started. Any pointers regarding possible timelines would be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Sunil
I applied on September 18 and still no updates.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hi,

Cheers
Sunil
This is normal if you applied from the portal, there are no updates in between. The next step would be receiving the final decision/PPR.
Going by the recent timelines, you'll probably receive an update soon.

Sharmaine1130

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
i just got my decision today and got a VISA REFUSAL.
Timeline;

Submitted (new application): Oct 12, 2021
Decision: November 24, 2021
Purpose of visit: TRV to visit my fiance

I applied through an immigration consultant. Today's pretty devastating, cried all day in bed. I hope everyone wouldn't go through the same way I did. All the best on your applications and would like to thank everyone here for answering my questions as well.

Bony17

May 16, 2021
Timeline;

I applied through an immigration consultant. Today's pretty devastating, cried all day in bed. I hope everyone wouldn't go through the same way I did. All the best on your applications and would like to thank everyone here for answering my questions as well.
Very sorry for that
What was the ground for refusal?

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi all. I realize I have asked this before and therefore apologize for the redundant question. But really keen to know how many applicants of the new portal are waiting since mid or early September? Are there several or just a handful? Thanks.

Sharmaine1130

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Very sorry for that
What was the ground for refusal?
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment
situation.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.

this is what they said but still have to get the GCMS noted. idk if it's still worth re applying

Bony17

May 16, 2021
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment
situation.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status.

this is what they said but still have to get the GCMS noted. idk if it's still worth re applying
Which one did you use?
GC key or IRCC new portal?

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Timeline;

sorry to hear

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Timeline;

Sorry to hear this. You can definitely reapply if you think you can counter these issues. All the best and do not give up

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
situation.
financial status.

Are you currently employed? How did your consultant demonstrate financial ability? you may want to check all this and reapply to give yourself a fair chance

mihir1711

Jul 12, 2021
Hi guys my parents received PPR yesterday from Delhi office. I just wanted to know what all documents do we need to send to VFS via bluedart? I already submitted a webform and now I am waiting for the payment link. Please let me what documents do I need to send for a vistor visa PPR? Please if someone has applied let me know as there is nothing on the VFS website
My friends parents recently got a PPR request for visitor visa. biometrics were already done just like your case. He submitted the passport pickup request thru vfs website link and paid 1729 per passport. You nned to upload the PPR letter at the time of submitting the passport pickup request. The packet only needs to have the passport but you can add a hard copy of the ppr letter for safety. to the best of my knowledge nothing else is needed. within 2-3 days someone will call and come to pick up the packet. You need to make to separate sumbissions if it is 2 passports (mom + dad). I hope that clrifies.

congrats on getting the approval

sribrosrs

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
I am not referring to the biometric submission.
When you received the Original Passport request, you would have received a Biometric Validity Letter which will mention which office decided. Can you check that to see if it is Ottawa ?
My one also said Ottawa and the VISA had Ottawa as issuing office. Surprised.

sribrosrs

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Are you sure? I am sorry but I saw in a thread that we have to give all this information;

1. Passport
2. Height and eye color of the passport holder - Printed in a Plain sheet with name and PP number
3. Passport request letter (IRCC)
4. VFS consent form (will be included in the confirmation email from VFS after payment)
5. Courier & SMS form (will be included in the confirmation email from VFS after payment)
6. 2 photos as per the specifications in passport request letter. ONE of the photos should have the stamp of the photo studio at the back + date of clicking the photo + name of the person + date of birth

This is not it?
All you need is the passport, PPR letter and consent letter from VFS. You'll get an email from VFS with these details. The email will come in 1-3 days after payment.

Reactions: aditi123456