+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Hi! Has anyone submitted their passport to VFS recently in Nigeria (Lagos or Abuja)? How long exactly did it take from when you sent it to the time you received it back in your hands?

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
I heard Abuja VAC is faster than Lagos.
I heard same! Although my sister has sent her passport to the Lagos VAC today (Saturday), her flight is exactly two weeks from today. Hopefully I won’t have to extend it.

Has your mother-in-law submitted hers? Please let me know how her timeline goes this week :)

DAKS01

Oct 26, 2018
NIGERIA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26 OCT
I heard same! Although my sister has sent her passport to the Lagos VAC today (Saturday), her flight is exactly two weeks from today. Hopefully I won’t have to extend it.

Has your mother-in-law submitted hers? Please let me know how her timeline goes this week :)
she’s going to send it to Abuja on Monday. I’ll keep you posted.

Reactions: thatguyoverthere

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Hi All,
This morning I noticed that biometrics disappeared automatically from both gc key applications. It was showing information till last week.
Did anyone notice this in their application? Could you please check and suggest?

Sucheta S

Nov 17, 2021
I have applied for visitor visa for my parents First application Submitted -August 2021 Biometric- 28 Sept 2021
resubmitted application through GCKEY again 24 Oct 2021 .

Today morning I called IRCC for my Visitor visa application , as per them dont need to resubmit application again on new IRCC portal as they are also processing GCKey website application . Also you cant prioritize your application , just wait and watch for IRCC feedback :( .

Last edited:

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
I have applied for visitor visa for my parents First application Submitted -August 2016 Biometric- 28 Sept 2021
resubmitted application through GCKEY again 24 Oct 2021 .

Today morning I called IRCC for my Visitor visa application , as per them dont need to resubmit application again on new IRCC portal as they are also processing GCKey website application . Also you cant prioritize your application , just wait and watch for IRCC feedback :( .
Did you contact IRCC Canada or India?
I called IRCC Canada and they mentioned thatyour application is being processed in India so they do not have any visibility.

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
All my applications were cancelled and I got a message that you have been assigned new application number to correct an administrative error.
Nothing else has changed and your application is still in progress. I linked new application to my IRCC account, biometrics are reflecting. Eligibility review went back to not started yet.
Did anyone come across similar situation?
Below are my timelines.
Application from India.
First Application: February 15,2021 on GC Key
Biometrics: August9, 2021
Second Application: September 18, 2021 on GC Key
Third Application: November 4, 2021 on IRCC Portal

All these three applications were canceled on November 29, 2021.

Please suggest

Sucheta S

Nov 17, 2021
Did you contact IRCC Canada or India?
I called IRCC Canada and they mentioned thatyour application is being processed in India so they do not have any visibility.
I called them on Canadian number ,
Dial 1-888-242-2100. After the recorded introduction, you will be asked to choose a menu option. Navigate through the options by pressing 3 and then 4, and then 0

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Ye
I called them on Canadian number ,
Dial 1-888-242-2100. After the recorded introduction, you will be asked to choose a menu option. Navigate through the options by pressing 3 and then 4, and then 0
Yes, I spoke to them last week.
I don't think they have much visibility to applications processed outside Canada. They just give standard replies. I didn't find them very useful.

aditi123456

Jul 13, 2020
Hi guys my parents received PPR yesterday from Delhi office. I just wanted to know what all documents do we need to send to VFS via bluedart? I already submitted a webform and now I am waiting for the payment link. Please let me what documents do I need to send for a vistor visa PPR?

timeline:

Second Application submitted: Nov 21. 2021

PPR: Nov 28th, 2021

Reactions: mpreetsingh