+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
While applying for the new application via IRCC portal it is saying that the old application will be withdrawn. Is there a way both can go hand in hand? I don't want to lose the one that I have waited this long at the same time if the trend changes in 2 weeks to GC Key I may still be regretting our decision
I believe the old application gets withdrawn only when they start processing new application. I am also planning to apply on portal again.

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
I believe the old application gets withdrawn only when they start processing new application. I am also planning to apply on portal again.
How accurate is this statement ? or anyone with experience can shed some light on it. I apply Nov 06,202 ( yes 2020) no update as at Oct 22,2021. SO i apply via new portal . On Oct 29, the old application withdrawn . When i submitted new application i did send a webform asking for it to withdrawn and provided the new application number. I really hope thats the case. My visa office is Port of Spain - Trinidad.

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
My mother has been asked whether she wants to travel before her medical expiry date to Canada, if she does then she doesn't need re-medical and they will do further processing, otherwise she needs to do medical again. This message came against her old application in GCKey not IRCC portal.

How does the medical admissibility work? Let's see she agreed now but decides to travel later, will that be a problem at the Port of Entry in Canada? Do they check medicals again?

ch5

Oct 20, 2021
Here is our timeline (from US):
First application - GC key - April 6 2021
Biometrics - April 26th
Second application - GCkey - October 27th
Third application - IRCC portal - October 28th
PPR from IRCC portal - today (Nov 3rd).

Reactions: swordenium