+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
They say new portal is for Visitors and response is faster between 14-30 days.. If supervisa then its not recommended.. You can submit new application with no gaurantee of refund of fees of old application. For new application need to pay fees again. Old application IRCC will withdraw, you dont need to do anything...
Thank you for your response

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Hi guys so i applied for Supervisa for my parents last year in October so now it’s almost 1 year still no update . So what do you guys think I should do now? Should i reapply or wait little bit more?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Hello ,
Can you please confirm if you mentioned about the US visa in your letter ? I have applied for my parents via gckey as well on Oct 4th as i was not aware about the new IRCC portal , I have attached the US Visa stamp in the documents but have not mentioned it anywhere else . I am still waiting..

Thanks
Hi, I didn't mention in the application. However, I sent them a message later on that my parents are eligible for CAN+ processing. They might have added a note then. When is the US B2 visa of your parents expiring? I am planning to reinstate the B2 visa of my parents but nobody lives there from our family.

Oct 22, 2021
I applied for my fathers visa in August2020 from New Delhi under Covid-19 category and his bio metrics were done in UK in October 2020 . I have not heard anything back since then . I sent an inquiry last month and just got a typical email response after 24 hours but nothing after that .Now I am not sure what i should do? the link regarding applications applied before September 7,2021 says I need to reapply only of my situation has changed and nothing changed except my father has got fully vaccinated and I have not attached the proof with his early application . Now i do not know what i should do ? Should I apply again ? Should I send an inquiry regarding the application again ? Should I submit his proof of vaccination by web form? Should I call IRCC customer care ? Or should i just wait and watch which I am doing right now hmmmm ? Please help if anyone know anything about how they are processing applications applied before Sep 7 ,2021
you must apply again, august 2020 is very old, those applications will probably be eventually refused in bulk because with such a long time they can assume the situation and the documents of the applicant have changed to the point that the application is no longer accurate

Oct 22, 2021
Hello, I am on PR status and have applied for Visitor's visa for my parents who are residing in India right now. Here is our timeline of the process.

Submitted Application : May 22nd
Biometrics completed : July 16 (India)
Current Status : Processing queue.
Web form request asking for travel exemption/ application status : October 12
We got the below response.

While we are unable to provide an update on the processing of your visitor visa application, please note that if you applied before September 7, 2021 and need to travel to Canada now for one of the following reasons, we recommend that you submit a new application through the IRCC portal. If you require written authorization, your request will be processed as part of your new visa application.

Please suggest on
- Does creating a new application for my parents (as a immediate family member of PR holder) will help in expediting the visitor visa processing ?
- If it does, can the biometrics completed on the current application be used for new application ? ( I heard that the biometrics are valid for 10 years).

Thanks in advance.
i’d say apply again to take advantage of the prioritized processing after september 7th, may 2021 is relatively recent and is still within the processing time stated on IRCC, but you’ll still have to wait for a while and it might get rejected and have to apply again anyway, you don’t need to redo the biometrics they are valid for 10 years, make sure to read about written authorization for travel and travel exemption to not miss any important information to include in your application, make sure to include proof of relationship

Last edited: