+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Sam$&@

Oct 19, 2021
Hi everyone!
Just updating on my timelines (I submitted my application before September 7 - Aug. 31 to be specific )
I received my passport request letter earlier.

Submission date: August 31 via GC Key (from the US)
Biometrics: Sept. 21
Webform raised: October 18
Passport Request letter: October 21
Purpose of travel: to visit cousin + tourism
Hi did your Ppr came before you submitted biometrics?

Johnny_0507

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto
Hi guys

I applied for my parent's visitor visa using the GC key on 2nd August,,,, and biometrics was completed on 6th Sep

Date Received: August 2, 2021
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: September 6, 2021
Expiry Date: September 6, 2031
Background check: In-Progress
Final Decision: In-Progress

Then came the confusing rule from IRCC to add a twist to our life.

Today (21st Oct) added the vaccination certificate using this link - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis
To my surprise, the response was very quick, and the following was mentioned:

"Please note that IRCC will only issue a written authorization to an applicant who holds a valid Canadian travel document (i.e. electronic travel authorization [eTA] or visitor visa). Based on our review of your enquiry and the information in our system, we can confirm that your application for a visitor visa is in our processing queue. However, since you do not yet have a valid Canadian travel document, we are unable to process your request for an exemption to the Canadian travel restrictions. As such, your request will not be processed.

While we are unable to provide an update on the processing of your visitor visa application, please note that if you applied before September 7, 2021 and need to travel to Canada now for one of the following reasons, we recommend that you submit a new application through the IRCC portal. If you require written authorization, your request will be processed as part of your new visa application.
"

Q-1: Is the IRCC fee refunded, if I withdraw the visitor visa application from the GC key account and apply using the IRCC portal? can someone share the URL for IRCC portal to apply visitor visa.

Q-2: What should be done to the existing application, so that it's processed quickly? Current Application is for family visit.

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi guys

I applied for my parent's visitor visa using the GC key on 2nd August,,,, and biometrics was completed on 6th Sep

Date Received: August 2, 2021
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: September 6, 2021
Expiry Date: September 6, 2031
Background check: In-Progress
Final Decision: In-Progress

Then came the confusing rule from IRCC to add a twist to our life.

Today (21st Oct) added the vaccination certificate using this link - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis
To my surprise, the response was very quick, and the following was mentioned:

"Please note that IRCC will only issue a written authorization to an applicant who holds a valid Canadian travel document (i.e. electronic travel authorization [eTA] or visitor visa). Based on our review of your enquiry and the information in our system, we can confirm that your application for a visitor visa is in our processing queue. However, since you do not yet have a valid Canadian travel document, we are unable to process your request for an exemption to the Canadian travel restrictions. As such, your request will not be processed.

While we are unable to provide an update on the processing of your visitor visa application, please note that if you applied before September 7, 2021 and need to travel to Canada now for one of the following reasons, we recommend that you submit a new application through the IRCC portal. If you require written authorization, your request will be processed as part of your new visa application.
"
Can I ask why did you ask/apply for eTA when your parents do not have a Visa yet?

Johnny_0507

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto
Can I ask why did you ask/apply for eTA when your parents do not have a Visa yet?
While looking at some of the latest replies in this thread, which mentioned updating the vaccination certificate helped their existing visitor visa application on GC key. But now I understand, it's not the correct path.

so now my question is, what to do with the existing application?

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
While looking at some of the latest replies in this thread, which mentioned updating the vaccination certificate helped their existing visitor visa application on GC key. But now I understand, it's not the correct path.

so now my question is, what to do with the existing application?
You can reapply through IRCC Portal if your previous application (GCKey) hasn't moved. Your previous application will be withdrawn automatically at some point in time later.

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Why so? Are normal trv transferred there? Its for outside of canada application
I do not know. Your GCMS says that according to you. (Probably VO wanted somebody in CPC-O to have a look /*Thinking out loud*/)

CANVSD

Oct 21, 2021
I applied for my fathers visa in August2020 from New Delhi under Covid-19 category and his bio metrics were done in UK in October 2020 . I have not heard anything back since then . I sent an inquiry last month and just got a typical email response after 24 hours but nothing after that .Now I am not sure what i should do? the link regarding applications applied before September 7,2021 says I need to reapply only of my situation has changed and nothing changed except my father has got fully vaccinated and I have not attached the proof with his early application . Now i do not know what i should do ? Should I apply again ? Should I send an inquiry regarding the application again ? Should I submit his proof of vaccination by web form? Should I call IRCC customer care ? Or should i just wait and watch which I am doing right now hmmmm ? Please help if anyone know anything about how they are processing applications applied before Sep 7 ,2021

pavan55

Apr 10, 2017
Hello, I am on PR status and have applied for Visitor's visa for my parents who are residing in India right now. Here is our timeline of the process.

Submitted Application : May 22nd
Biometrics completed : July 16 (India)
Current Status : Processing queue.
Web form request asking for travel exemption/ application status : October 12
We got the below response.

Please suggest on
- Does creating a new application for my parents (as a immediate family member of PR holder) will help in expediting the visitor visa processing ?
- If it does, can the biometrics completed on the current application be used for new application ? ( I heard that the biometrics are valid for 10 years).

Thanks in advance.

ravin

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
AOR Received.
06-09-2013
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
In my case, we got the PPR in 2-3 days so I didn't write even though I was about to write. I think this is not that big an issue. See if the status stays the same for few more days. If it does, send them another form.
Hello ,
Can you please confirm if you mentioned about the US visa in your letter ? I have applied for my parents via gckey as well on Oct 4th as i was not aware about the new IRCC portal , I have attached the US Visa stamp in the documents but have not mentioned it anywhere else . I am still waiting..

Thanks