+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Robotisict

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
It is not,

the general one is "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
Thanks. I though the default status you noted is that of the IRCC account (GCKey), not the portal. Can you please explicitly confirm that both defaults are as what you said?

Berry100

Sep 11, 2021
i submitted old application on July 14
new application on sept 28
On Tuesday , I got biometric validity letter on my old application and my old application is withdrawn as well
My new application got “Application/profile updated” when I opened I saw one Change that is “we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility “ before it was something else ..
No updates after that till now

PR_FOR_CAD

Mar 10, 2016
On Tuesday , I got biometric validity letter on my old application and my old application is withdrawn as well
My new application got “Application/profile updated” when I opened I saw one Change that is “we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility “ before it was something else ..
while I am happy for your progress, cursing them for not picking-up my application(3 actually).

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
What are your timelines?

These are mine:

1st application: GC Key -> June 22nd, Bio: July 6th
2nd application: Portal -> Sep 22nd
3rd application: GC Key -> Oct 6th
1st application: Dec 2020
Biometrics Completed : 29 July 2021
2nd application: 13 Sept 2021

Current status is we will let you know when we start reviewing your eligibility.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Processing time is 42 Calendar Days after 7th September, So let's see if they keep their promise. I submitted mine on 8th September for Spouse.

Reactions: Ibtii10

PrasannaGTA

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
country from which you applied?

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
Guys, my wife's TRV was approved just now! I applied on Sept 6th and if you look below, it says the eligibility is under review but application is approved and I also received the PPR email! So, there's no guarantee these statuses will change often.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • September 8, 2021 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.
Congratulations! What a good news indeed.

Do you think the “ghost” update you received two days ago might have something to do with this approval? My sister got the ghost update yesterday, so I’m really hoping her good news is on the way as well:D