+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Hello, did you reapply or is this your first application?
They haven't linked my biometrics in my second application yet - it has been more than a week now.
Did you include previous application number also in second application? I just included previous UCI number in second application. Could that be the reason biometrics are not yet linked?

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
Strange i got a new uci number after 3 days, at least it's way faster for you. And biometrics are still not linked for me.
I would say its the same.. You are waiting for biometric linkage I am waiting for eligibility check. Overall we all are waiting for VISA..... All of us are on the same boat in different cabins..

Keep the spirits up

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
Did you include previous application number also in second application? I just included previous UCI number in second application. Could that be the reason biometrics are not yet linked?
I entered UCI number in the application in new portal and added the old application details as a attachment in additional documents section

Reactions: Minid

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Yup I got UCI number and application summary (the standard emails ) right after applying and my biometrics were also linked on. Application's eligibility has still not started. UCI number remains the same for my old and new application
Did you mention your previous application number in your second application? while applying I mentioned only UCI number. They have given me a new UCI number. If you did provide then where did you provide it (because they didnt ask for it)

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
Did you mention your previous application number in your second application? while applying I mentioned only UCI number. They have given me a new UCI number. If you did provide then where did you provide it (because they didnt ask for it)
I did only UCI number and added a word file in additional documents which had my old application screenshot

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
I would say its the same.. You are waiting for biometric linkage I am waiting for eligibility check. Overall we all are waiting for VISA..... All of us are on the same boat in different cabins..

Keep the spirits up
you should get it soon, somebody posted here and applied around sept 16 and directly got the biometric validity letter yesterday and the approval next day.

Berry100

Sep 11, 2021
Hi guys,

Are you guys facing issues logging in GCkey ?When I login it shows error 403 and when I refresh3 or 4 times I get the next screen and again the error 403, then I need to refresh again to move to next screen ..
Everyone facing the same issue ?

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
Hi guys,

Are you guys facing issues logging in GCkey ?When I login it shows error 403 and when I refresh3 or 4 times I get the next screen and again the error 403, then I need to refresh again to move to next screen ..
Everyone facing the same issue ?
For me it redirects me to canada homepage but if I just refresh it instead of closing the page it takes me back to my account.. Try it

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
you should get it soon, somebody posted here and applied around sept 16 and directly got the biometric validity letter yesterday and the approval next day.
People who applied as late as 23 24 25 sep also got it.. its totally random process.. I just hope that I get some reply before 30 business days.

Berry100

Sep 11, 2021
For me it redirects me to canada homepage but if I just refresh it instead of closing the page it takes me back to my account.. Try it
Also another thing my old application got withdrawn and new application got updated and showing as reviewing eligibility .. old application received correspondence letter as well..

But the old application is showing as submitted from outside .. when I open the application it shows withdrawn..

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
Also another thing my old application got withdrawn and new application got updated and showing as reviewing eligibility .. old application received correspondence letter as well..

But the old application is showing as submitted from outside .. when I open the application it shows withdrawn..
Thats a positive sign ... Just wait for a couple more days.. you will get PPR...

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........

did they share new UCI number for new application and were biometrics instantly updated for you?

bsrketh

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Guys, my wife's TRV was approved just now! I applied on Sept 6th and if you look below, it says the eligibility is under review but application is approved and I also received the PPR email! So, there's no guarantee these statuses will change often.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • September 8, 2021 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

Last edited: