+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

CannGuy

Oct 7, 2021
Hey there,

I am on closed work permit and applied for my spousal open work permit and visitor visa for my kid on May, which seems like would take time. Is it okay to apply visitor visa for both as per the Sep 7th announcement?

Any lead? Appreciate your help, thanks in advance!

N90

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I applied today for my newborn son's visit visa for first time on IRCC portal. Me and my wife are PR. I'm in canada, my wife is in Pakistan. Any idea which visa office is handling visit visa applications for pakistanis?
It's Abu Dhabi. All the best. Also raise webforms every 2-3 weeks to remind them it's family reunification. They don't seem to care really but you can try.

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
Same!
I reapplied the second time through GC Key but now Im having second thoughts.. Maybe should have applied through the new portal.

I will still wait until 30 business days are over. Hopefully will get some response
I am in the other side of the second thought.. I applied first via GC key (DEC 2020) and 2nd via new portal on 13 sep 2021 but no update till now.. I am thinking i should have applied 2nd time via GC key :) I believe its all about luck and not about how we applied.

amirshaikh88

May 17, 2016
Hello Fellow members,
Has anyone applied visitor visa for parents this year?

Application for visitor visa - Jan 2021
Biometrics done - Aug 2021
Status - - in progress

I did not reapply through IRCC as my parents wants to come in next year summer so still have time.
Did anyone have result of visitor application?
Thanks

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
I am in the other side of the second thought.. I applied first via GC key (DEC 2020) and 2nd via new portal on 13 sep 2021 but no update till now.. I am thinking i should have applied 2nd time via GC key :) I believe its all about luck and not about how we applied.
did u get client application summary and uci no.?

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
did u get client application summary and uci no.?
Yup I got UCI number and application summary (the standard emails ) right after applying and my biometrics were also linked on. Application's eligibility has still not started. UCI number remains the same for my old and new application

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Yup I got UCI number and application summary (the standard emails ) right after applying and my biometrics were also linked on. Application's eligibility has still not started. UCI number remains the same for my old and new application
how much time did they take to link biometrics? looks like once you get the biometric validity letter you will get approval. did you receive that yet?

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
how much time did they take to link biometrics? looks like once you get the biometric validity letter you will get approval. did you receive that yet?
I never got any letter confirming my biometrics. My biometrics was completed on first application and they are reflecting in my application/s. When I applied 2nd time it instantly took UCI number and that also had my biometrics info.

Olivia 237

Jul 21, 2021
I haven't recieve biometric validity letter.i did biometric on may 17 2021 till now no letter.how long does it takes before receiving the letter

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
I never got any letter confirming my biometrics. My biometrics was completed on first application and they are reflecting in my application/s. When I applied 2nd time it instantly took UCI number and that also had my biometrics info.
Strange i got a new uci number after 3 days, at least it's way faster for you. And biometrics are still not linked for me.