+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

shaz82

Nov 14, 2014
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Doc's Request.
None
Same here, Applied through Portal on 8th September, Abu-Dhabi Office. No Update after that.
I have applied through protal as well , how do you know your application is with abu Dhabi office ?

Thanks

Sharmaine1130

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Hi Waseem. Can you please guide what’s the difference between portal and GC key. I have applied through a consultant and do not know what option the consultant may have used. Many thanks.

i am going to re apply but my consultant will submit the application for me ad i dont know if he will use the GC key or apply through the portal.

Rsingh9879

Sep 6, 2021
I applied TRV in mid july and mentioned ‘family Visit’ to meet my child who is PR.
My intended travel date is Mid October.
My biometrics are due next week.
I had uploaded proof of vaccination with original application.
My situation(reunification) has not changed
question:
1) do i need to submit a new application
2) if the process delays beyond my intended travel date(mid october), do I then need to submit a new application or will the application still fall under normal processing time ?
3) can i still send a webform to ircc asking them to prioritize my application after my biometrics are done?

your valuable feedback is much appreciated!

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
@G Deep
Hey, I have been in a similar situation as yours. Applied for super visa for my mother on July 8th, 2021. Submitted the biometrics on Aug 16th. Raised a web form around Aug 26th for travel exemption, give the reason as reuniting with immediate family member who is a PR holder - I got an email from IRCC after couple of weeks stating that they are reviewing the application as a response to the webform. It's been month, the biometrics status on the application didn't get updated - it still say Biometrics are not received. I raised another webform today, asking about this new guideline for application raised prior to Sept 7th and also mentioned that lack of update regarding biometrics status on the application.
Medicals are not done, and I have been waiting for the medical request for a while now.
May I know how you are proceeding with your situation - any inputs on what I can do with my case. Should I re-apply with upfront medicals done? since the biometrics are submitted but the status is not updated on the current application - what should I do regarding biometrics if I go with new application now?

Inputs from anyone who have been in similar situation will be of great help here
@legalfalcon Would be great if you can share any inputs you may have on this situation.

Last edited:

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
@G Deep
Hey, I have been in a similar situation as yours. Applied for super visa for my mother on July 8th, 2021. Submitted the biometrics on Aug 16th. Raised a web form around Aug 26th for travel exemption, give the reason as reuniting with immediate family member who is a PR holder - I got an email from IRCC after couple of weeks stating that they are reviewing the application as a response to the webform. It's been month, the biometrics status on the application didn't get updated - it still say Biometrics are not received. I raised another webform today, asking about this new guideline for application raised prior to Sept 7th and also mentioned that lack of update regarding biometrics status on the application.
Medicals are not done, and I have been waiting for the medical request for a while now.
May I know how you are proceeding with your situation - any inputs on what I can do with my case. Should I re-apply with upfront medicals done? since the biometrics are submitted but the status is not updated on the current application - what should I do regarding biometrics if I go with new application now?

Inputs from anyone who have been in similar situation will be of great help here
@legalfalcon Would be great if you can share any inputs you may have on this situation.
@Abhiancha
Hi. My mother got her biometrics done around August 14 and it got updated on her application in 2-3 days. Not sure why the biometrics are not updated in your case! You should call the IRCC to understand the reason.

After the biometrics, we were also waiting for the medical request which did not come till now. However, after the new recommendation from IRCC post Sep 7, I have submitted a new application for the Super Visa. Again there is a lot of confusion if that is required or not but I had called up the IRC and the agent told me to do that to be on a safer side. I submitted the new application using the same GC Key account and hence the old biometrics are being shown in the new application as well. I am still waiting for any updates on the new application.

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
I applied for my parents TRV in december 2020. They submitted Biometrics on sep 14-2021. Status right now shows biometrics completed and background check is in progress. Do I still need to submit a new application or should I wait?

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
@Abhiancha
Hi. My mother got her biometrics done around August 14 and it got updated on her application in 2-3 days. Not sure why the biometrics are not updated in your case! You should call the IRCC to understand the reason.

After the biometrics, we were also waiting for the medical request which did not come till now. However, after the new recommendation from IRCC post Sep 7, I have submitted a new application for the Super Visa. Again there is a lot of confusion if that is required or not but I had called up the IRC and the agent told me to do that to be on a safer side. I submitted the new application using the same GC Key account and hence the old biometrics are being shown in the new application as well. I am still waiting for any updates on the new application.
Thank you for your immediate response.

Can you please suggest how you are able to connect to the agent via call option. I'm not able to reach an agent.

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Thank you for your immediate response.

Can you please suggest how you are able to connect to the agent via call option. I'm not able to reach an agent.
Are you currently in Canada? If yes, then this is the customer service number for IRCC: 1-888-242-2100

sasirekha

Jan 31, 2021
Hi,

I applied visiting visa for my parents from india

old application: july 20th
biometrics done: sept 1st
new application: sept 9th
passport request: sept 13th

So, quick question I paid biometric fee twice for both old and new application. So, how to request refund for that and for which application do i need to request for refund?

Need help please.