Jyaro1

Apr 18, 2019
Hi,

I applied visiting visa for my parents from india

old application: july 20th
biometrics done: sept 1st
new application: sept 9th
passport request: sept 13th

So, quick question I paid biometric fee twice for both old and new application. So, how to request refund for that and for which application do i need to request for refund?

Need help please.
Did you applied from new portal or GCKey account?

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Applied for my mom’s Visitor Visa. Approved today!
Timeline:
First Application: August 28, 2021
New Application: September 10, 2021
PPR: September 16, 2021
where did you apply again from gc key or ircc portal? also was there any movement in old application after biometrics like background check?

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Hi Waseem. Can you please guide what’s the difference between portal and GC key. I have applied through a consultant and do not know what option the consultant may have used. Many thanks.
There isn't much different in both, IRCC Portal is more like web based forms, you fill in data and submit, while Gckey you have to fill pdf files so that's the difference. There is no difference in processing so you can you use either.

Rsingh9879

Sep 6, 2021
Hi,

So, quick question I paid biometric fee twice for both old and new application. So, how to request refund for that and for which application do i need to request for refund?

Need help please.
hi- was your purpose of visit: Other > Covid19?

fdido

Star Member
May 1, 2021
There isn't much different in both, IRCC Portal is more like web based forms, you fill in data and submit, while Gckey you have to fill pdf files so that's the difference. There is no difference in processing so you can you use either.
Ok thanks - very useful. I was worried because I saw some members saying that applicants who had applied through GC key were getting the PPRs…

jaideep1990

Sep 16, 2021
where did you apply again from gc key or ircc portal? also was there any movement in old application after biometrics like background check?
GCKey. Just a correspondence letter on old application stating biometrics not required. Biometrics were already available from the previous visitor visa my mom had.

Meetoo

Sep 9, 2021
Can anyone send the link to the correct web form where we can ask questions about our submitted apps? There seems to be different links floating around. Thanks

philips2021

Sep 3, 2021
Pakistan
Category........
VISIT
Hi guys. Is submitting the visa application on the new portal even worth it?
also do we have to include the family info form, visa application etc forms on the new portal?

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
Hi,

Need help please.
Did you apply second time with ircc portal or gckey?