+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

S15

Sep 11, 2021
Hi, I reapplied visa on 9 Sept and got passport request today on 13 Sept . I applied for spouse visitor visa . Hope this helps everyone as it seems ircc seems to be working again.
Hi, Congratulations on getting the visa!
Can you share your case details. Like applicants country origin, sponsors status in canada and when did you initially apply.
Would appreciate all possible detail as it would help me analyse my file.
Thanks!

Reactions: Ibtii10

NaCanada2016

Aug 25, 2021
Hi, I reapplied visa on 9 Sept and got passport request today on 13 Sept . I applied for spouse visitor visa . Hope this helps everyone as it seems ircc seems to be working again.
Hi, just wondering if the reason you re-applied Visa on Sept 9th is that you had the changes in the situation of your first application you submitted before Sept 7th. Thanks!

pp01

Sep 18, 2014
Category........
App. Filed.......
26-03-2019
All the best, submitting a new application definitely did the trick for us. So I just wanted to share as I saw some members debating if submitting a new application is a good idea or not.
Hi Gary,
Congratulations on visa, Could you please let me know what documents you submitted in the second application ?

Regards,

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
No, if your parents do not intend to travel immediately, you do not have to apply again.
Thanks for the response @legalfalcon. Another question, my parents are going to visit my brother's family in the US in the next 10 days. How do I need to change their country of residence? Do I need to update IRCC through webform? They are yet to give their biometrics. I think they can give their biometrics in the US, right?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the response @legalfalcon. Another question, my parents are going to visit my brother's family in the US in the next 10 days. How do I need to change their country of residence? Do I need to update IRCC through webform? They are yet to give their biometrics. I think they can give their biometrics in the US, right?
For biometrics, you do not have to change the country of residence. Once you receive a biometrics instructions letter, you can give your biometrics in any country. Just search for the options in the US in the state your parents will be in.

Only if your parents will be in the US for a long time, i.e. 3-4 months or more, then you should update their address by sending a web form.

Sharmaine1130

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
I had initially submitted an application in July 2021 for my mother-in-law to come to help us with the baby as my wife is due in November. We had not heard anything except for the Biometrics that was completed in August. On September 8, I submitted a new application and added a doctor's note and additional documents as my wife had to go on short-term disability as well. I got a request for a passport today through the new application.
hi have you updated the documents before submitting the new application?

ramekris3163

Sep 8, 2021
Hi Naveen,

When did your status change to we are reviewing your eligibility? Did you provide any doctor certificate or any Authorization? For my wife we submitted on sept 4 and the status changes to reviewing eligibilty on sept 8. Nothing since. I'm a PR.

lucacanada

Sep 14, 2021
Hello folks

I live in New Jersey / USA. And i applied online for a Canada visitor visa on July 2th 2021. I also completed my biometrics on July 23th 2021.

But on September 7, 2021, a new update was released on the official website. The link is here;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Folks, do I have to reapply for a visitor visa again according to the new rules you have published? Also, my current visa application has passed the normal processing time. I haven't received any new news or updates yet. I would be very happy if you can help me with this.

Last edited:

yadwinder998

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Instructions from IRCC state for visitor visa no need to reapply if applicant already told them that they qualify for COVID-19 exemption.

Question - Where was applicant supposed to inform this ? There was no option on the IMM form. I applied for my parent's visa in April 2021, Biometrics completed around August 1st week, today I have raised webform, attached their covid-19 vaccination proof.

Hope for the best

Sri369

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Congratulations..:)
Could you please provide the list of documents you gave to show financial status and ties to home country ?