+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

Peter bony

Sep 11, 2021
On the 8th September they said that those who have visitors visa should reapply the next day they said it's no longer important so I think one should wait before applying again.

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
When I applied for visit visa in DEC 2020 there was no option of covid 19 in the drop down, it was just tourism and I guess the after applying most of them has sent web form to get the travel auth. I applied using the new portal and in the drop down we have option to select that we are visiting to meet family member and etc. so this new portal is helpful to ppl who applied in 2020 and no change in status and willing to travel immeditely to meet a family member in Canada who is a PR or a TR

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
When I applied for visit visa in DEC 2020 there was no option of covid 19 in the drop down, it was just tourism and I guess the after applying most of them has sent web form to get the travel auth. I applied using the new portal and in the drop down we have option to select that we are visiting to meet family member and etc. so this new portal is helpful to ppl who applied in 2020 and no change in status and willing to travel immediately to meet a family member in Canada who is a PR or a TR
I applied for my mom on September 2020, still in process, super visa. I know we can now select Covid19 or meeting family member in new portal but in the PURPOSE OF TRAVEL letter, my mom already mentioned she will be meeting immediate family member (son) & also vaccination certificate can be provided in the webform.

I don't think re-applying is a good idea while the old one is already in the que for long time.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
When I applied for visit visa in DEC 2020 there was no option of covid 19 in the drop down, it was just tourism and I guess the after applying most of them has sent web form to get the travel auth. I applied using the new portal and in the drop down we have option to select that we are visiting to meet family member and etc. so this new portal is helpful to ppl who applied in 2020 and no change in status and willing to travel immeditely to meet a family member in Canada who is a PR or a TR
Also, super visa is always meeting immediate family member, right? (parents/grandparents)

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
I had initially submitted an application in July 2021 for my mother-in-law to come to help us with the baby as my wife is due in November. We had not heard anything except for the Biometrics that was completed in August. On September 8, I submitted a new application and added a doctor's note and additional documents as my wife had to go on short-term disability as well. I got a request for a passport today through the new application.

Reactions: rules87

@veebee

Mar 9, 2021
I had initially submitted an application in July 2021 for my mother-in-law to come to help us with the baby as my wife is due in November. We had not heard anything except for the Biometrics that was completed in August. On September 8, I submitted a new application and added a doctor's note and additional documents as my wife had to go on short-term disability as well. I got a request for a passport today through the new application.
Did you apply through IRCC portal or from the existing account??

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Did you apply through IRCC portal or from the existing account??
I just applied through the existing MyCIC account, it has both applications in it at the moment.

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
All the best, submitting a new application definitely did the trick for us. So I just wanted to share as I saw some members debating if submitting a new application is a good idea or not.

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Also, super visa is always meeting immediate family member, right? (parents/grandparents)
Yes, Super Visa is always for immediate family members. I had also applied for my mother's Super Visa in June this year and had got the Biometrics done in August but had not heard after that.

After the new IRCC recommendation, I have re-submitted a new Super Visa application using the same GCKey portal yesterday. Hoping for a quick processing of the application now.

Reactions: swordenium

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Is this for a Super VISA?

Peter bony

Sep 11, 2021
Hi, I reapplied visa on 9 Sept and got passport request today on 13 Sept . I applied for spouse visitor visa . Hope this helps everyone as it seems ircc seems to be working again.
Congratulations!!!Could you please share with us your complete timeline

Peter bony

Sep 11, 2021
Hi, I reapplied visa on 9 Sept and got passport request today on 13 Sept . I applied for spouse visitor visa . Hope this helps everyone as it seems ircc seems to be working again.
Congratulations!!!Could you please share with us your complete timeline