+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
Old appln is still in progress. I applied for all 4 of our family members, me, spouse n 2 kids. We all have approved work n Study permits when we were in Canada. Came to India for a family situation without knowing the TRVs are this complex
No worries. Be hopefull you are coming close to a TRV.

Hus85

Sep 16, 2017
Applied Visitor Visa for Mother-In-Law and Sister-In-Law on 4th Oct 2021 using the new portal.
BIL: 5th Oct for mother & 7th Oct for sister.
Biometric updated to complete on 12th Oct.
Eligibility hasn't started yet.
Waiting for progress.

dork113

Sep 20, 2021
Hi All

We applied for my MIL's Visitor visa (invitation by her son, who is PR) end of June through GCKey. Our timelines were
  • Date Application Received: June 29, 2021
  • Date of Biometrics : August 3, 2021
  • Country of residence: India
We did not reapply after Sep 7th changes.

We are wondering, with all the delays what is the best path forward for us. To reapply as a Super-visa or wait this one out. Supervisa is showing 44 day processing time versus 176 days for TRV-visitor-visa.

Has anyone switched from Visitor Visa (standard) to Super Visa? She is alone in India and we want to get her to Canada at the earliest with the longer term goal of applying for a Supervisa

Would appreciate any guidance you can share.

NaCanada2016

Aug 25, 2021
Hi Everyone

Sorry if this is a duplicate questions, I couldn’t find relevant information here.
We had applied for my sisters TRV originally back in March on the old portal and we had sent the attestation form to request COVID exemption as well. On Sep 20, we submitted the new application on the new portal. There has been no emails, but today I logged in to the new portal and saw this :
Final decision - October 8, 2021: Your application was withdrawn. We will send you a letter or email with details.”

This is on the NEW application. And I cannot even login to the old portal to figure out what’s happening there.

I was expecting the old application to be withdrawn, not the new one. Anyone has similar experience? Thanks for helping
Please let us know once you have a new update or get PPR email. Thanks

thatguyoverthere

Dec 14, 2017
So I just got an email from IRCC advising that I resubmit my sister’s visa application through the portal. I had applied for her visitor visa on July 14, 2021 and submitted the travel exemption webform for “extended family members” on October 2nd.

So now I’m worried because there was a ghost update on her GCKey last Tuesday. If she’s close to a decision and I resubmit now is it gonna affect her application or timeline? Should I reapply through GCKey since it seems people are getting responses faster on there. Thank you!