+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

GS Virk

Star Member
Sep 26, 2021
Thanks. Any idea as to how long CIC is taking for applications submitted before 7th. I'm guessing the 35 day processing time shownq on their website is not correct at this point. Does this delay apply to applicants from the US as well?
IRCC has already told that if you have applied before 7th and your situation has changed then re-apply. Now if your situation has not changed then you are expected to remain in queue till priority cases whose situations have changed are processed. Having said so I am not a expert in this and talking about it only via my experience. Some cases are reported where they applied before 7th and still got it in recent days..

bottom line.. Its all Luck!!

I applied on 13th Sept (2nd time ) but still no reply.

Reactions: bsrketh

jakv

Sep 13, 2018
Hi there!

I have similar timelines as you for my mom's TRV. We applied on Aug 20, 2021, and completed biometrics on Sep 14, 2021. I had raised a webform asking IRCC to clarify the new guidelines. I heard back from New Delhi VO and they told me that I should reapply only if my situation has changed. If not, my current application will remain in the queue for processing. Our TRV application is on the GC Key site so I have no idea about the portal.

Hope this helps!
Hi, Thank you for your reply. It definitely helps!!!

taneja

May 12, 2021
Hi,

I got a update that your application status has changed but when I logged in there was no update.

Is it a ghost update ? Has anyone seen a similar update

PrasannaGTA

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
Thanks. Any idea as to how long CIC is taking for applications submitted before 7th. I'm guessing the 35 day processing time shownq on their website is not correct at this point. Does this delay apply to applicants from the US as well?
Could you please share the link where they mentioned 35 days processing time?

nn5555

Sep 22, 2021
Hi all. Asking this question again. Where in the original GCKey application was there an option to mention 'reuniting with family'? There was only an option to select visitor visa. Besides mentioning in the invitation letter where else was there an option to mention this?

Rkhadka45

Jan 2, 2020
Hey Guys,

I have been reading through as much as I can. Like others, we had a pending visitors visa application for my parents-in-law which we first applied on June 6, 2021 as we are due with our first child on November 8. I reapplied again on September 14,2021 with doctors note but have not heard anything from Immigration. I raised a web form on September 28,2021(nothing so far) but raised travel exemption enquiry via this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis. I am not sure if that is the right way as I have been reading pregnancy is not considered compassionate reason by Cic.

Has anyone submitted the travel exemption enquiry via the link above or tell me if that is the right way? I guess at this point, I am just doing what I can.

Thank you in advance.

dhillon0001

Aug 28, 2019
Hi there!

I have similar timelines as you for my mom's TRV. We applied on Aug 20, 2021, and completed biometrics on Sep 14, 2021. I had raised a webform asking IRCC to clarify the new guidelines. I heard back from New Delhi VO and they told me that I should reapply only if my situation has changed. If not, my current application will remain in the queue for processing. Our TRV application is on the GC Key site so I have no idea about the portal.

Hope this helps!
I have applied via portal on 15th June and biometrics are done on 5th August and after that I did not get any response . I am expecting passport request by the end of this month .

Reactions: Mpnp117

dhillon0001

Aug 28, 2019
Hey Guys,

I have been reading through as much as I can. Like others, we had a pending visitors visa application for my parents-in-law which we first applied on June 6, 2021 as we are due with our first child on November 8. I reapplied again on September 14,2021 with doctors note but have not heard anything from Immigration. I raised a web form on September 28,2021(nothing so far) but raised travel exemption enquiry via this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis. I am not sure if that is the right way as I have been reading pregnancy is not considered compassionate reason by Cic.

Has anyone submitted the travel exemption enquiry via the link above or tell me if that is the right way? I guess at this point, I am just doing what I can.

Thank you in advance.
Even I have same conditions , we are also expecting our first child and we applied our parents TRV on 15th june via emergency portal , biometrics are done on 5th August and after that there is no update.

PrasannaGTA

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
Hi all,

I know its a stupid question but just wanted to ask. Is a TRV really needed if we already have valid work and study permits? Will they really stop us from boarding a flight or at POE? Can we show them we have applied not once but twice?

I don't believe the other countries have this concept of a supplementary visa. Even if they have the processing time will be to just stick a stamp on your passports or they will have them electronic.

The broken procedures and static responses making me wonder whether we should really wait.