+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Did you apply from India? Is there a way to call them?
From the US. You may use the TextNow app and begin your call at 7:54 ET for it to go through with minimal wait (less than 15 mins).

More than laziness, they should prioritize cases on FCFS basis. I do see applications submitted in October getting PPR in weeks whereas the ones submitted in September still waiting
IRCC is being widely criticized for not honoring the FCFS system, unfortunately, they are not answerable to anyone for this mess. People are being approved for tourism purposes in a matter of days, so their claims of prioritizing applications for family reunification and other urgent matters are BS.

Reactions: Kumar25

Knls333

Dec 27, 2018
I do agree that they have backlogs and all but if you notice my timelines, I applied TRV for parents 4 months back, people getting approval for tourism I see. This BS is unacceptable from them.
We have applied 6 applications for 3 people in my family and none of the applications have gotten any updates. Not even eligibility review has begun for even one single application. Multiple Webforms have also been submitted but no response.
1. Supervisa applied for mother-in-law in Oct 2020
2. TRV applied for my infant in Feb 2021
3. TRV applied for my father in Feb 2021
4. TRV applied for mother-in-law on 22nd Sep 2021 via IRCC portal
5. TRV applied again for my kid on 23rd Sep 2021 via GC Key
6. TRV applied again for my father on 23rd Sep via GC Key

I am frustrated!

Vedant_agarwalla

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
AOR Received.
Dec 2018
Day ended in disappointment with no updates
Bro,
Did you apply via gc key or the new ircc portal? And have you tried calling ircc?
Sorry for the disappointment and I really hope you get the PPR today!

PrasannaGTA

Star Member
Jul 9, 2021
Bro,
Did you apply via gc key or the new ircc portal? And have you tried calling ircc?
Sorry for the disappointment and I really hope you get the PPR today!
I applied through gc key. I had called IRCC thrice but they are saying the application is transferred to Delhi and I may have to ask them. Delhi VO cannot be reached through phone

Don'tknow91

Mar 18, 2019
From the US. You may use the TextNow app and begin your call at 7:54 ET for it to go through with minimal wait (less than 15 mins).

IRCC is being widely criticized for not honoring the FCFS system, unfortunately, they are not answerable to anyone for this mess. People are being approved for tourism purposes in a matter of days, so their claims of prioritizing applications for family reunification and other urgent matters are BS.
Calling IRCC from within Canada doesn’t even help. They will ask you to follow up from the concerned visa processing office if application was outbound.

PR_FOR_CAD

Mar 10, 2016
Exactly, such a mess! They aren’t helping with anything.
I just called IRCC and that was no help and wrote following letter to PM and IRCC minister

The following paragraph is to provide you more context on our situation and the reason we are reaching out to you directly.

We are expecting our first baby in the next 7 weeks and this is our first baby. So we applied for a TRV for my in-laws in June this year. We anticipated the delay in processing TRV and applied as early as possible. It has been more than 4 months since we submitted the application and we have not received any further update regarding it.

The reasons why we are reaching you at this moment are,
1. IRCC created new portal and asked to apply again on Sep 07 and we applied again
2. IRCC started approving TRVs to applicants who applied quite recently but ignoring applications like ours who need critical care when required.
3. There is a lot of confusion on where to apply so we made 3 applications in the timeline and different portal
4. Raised webforms and followed every step that was mentioned and yet we are not seeing any improvements on our applications
5. We invested more time, energy and money than regular applicants.

At this point of time, we are struggling to make informed decisions regarding the travel plans for in-laws, the cost associated to purchase flights due to such a short time span, the complications to pregnancy and support we need in case of no TRV approval.

Application Details are below:

Vedant_agarwalla

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
AOR Received.
Dec 2018
I applied through gc key. I had called IRCC thrice but they are saying the application is transferred to Delhi and I may have to ask them. Delhi VO cannot be reached through phone
Okay but doesn’t the instruction clearly say we need to apply using the new portal?

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Okay but doesn’t the instruction clearly say we need to apply using the new portal?
Only for specific reasons use portal, or else gckey. The so called timeline to respond for both is 14 - 30 business days on reapplication.

Vedant_agarwalla

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2018
AOR Received.
Dec 2018
Only for specific reasons use portal, or else gckey. The so called timeline to respond for both is 14 - 30 business days on reapplication.
But like I am so n day 27. My old application is still live. I called ircc and they said the moment they start working on my new application the old one will be automatically withdrawn. So is it normal for them to not even ‘Start’ working on it so close to the finish?

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
But like I am so n day 27. My old application is still live. I called ircc and they said the moment they start working on my new application the old one will be automatically withdrawn. So is it normal for them to not even ‘Start’ working on it so close to the finish?
I don't know. From the looks of it, I am getting a negative vibe that they will delay processing even on new application. I reapplied, and I won't waste time calling them.

Robotisict

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
What that agent has told you is a plain lie! My M.P. informed us that our portal tourist application has been passed in all aspects (criminality, eligibility, and security), though even after that presumed 30 business day, we have not heard anything from IRCC, nor is the first application of ours (GCKey one) withdrawn!

My piece of advice for you is that literally rely on nothing you hear from them. They have been commanded to divert all the rightful enquiries they get of the applicants from all over the world.

Last edited:

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
What that agent has told you is a plain lie! My M.P. informed us that our portal tourist application has been passed in all aspects (criminality, eligibility, and security), though even after that presumed 30 business day, we have not heard anything from IRCC, nor is the first application of ours (GCKey one) withdrawn! My advice for you is that don't rely on anything you hear from them. They have been commanded to divert all the rightful enquiries they get of the applicants from all over the world.
I second it.

The agents will either be vague or just tell you what you want to hear, which may not be the truth! I have 4 applications in process and had fair share of data mix-ups by IRCC with my personal information. They say they value the applicants, but the reality is quite the opposite.

Reactions: PR_FOR_CAD