New Instructions from IRCC for applications before 7th Sep 2021

samrakaran

Jan 9, 2014
Applied for family reunification with my spouse. no update. timeline:
1st app: March 2, 2021 (gckey)
Biometrics: March 5, 2021
- no update -

2nd app: Sep 18, 2021 (gckey)
Request Letter: Sep 28, 2021 ( request letter for biometrics receipt)
Eligibility Started: Oct 7, 2021
- no update -
Hi for second GC key application have you created a new account or used same account used in 1st application?

samrakaran

Jan 9, 2014
This morning I got a ghost email update saying " We updated your application status " for my second application filled three days back on GC Key but when I logged in, there is no change at all.
For second GC Key application, have you created a new GC key account or used the same account as used in first application?

nn5555

Sep 22, 2021
Applied - Sep 20 (Old system)
Biometrics Invitation - Sep 21
Biometrics - Oct 11
PPR - Oct 14

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. All the best!
hi. When you parents sent their passports for stamp what other documents did they send? What is the ‘courier and sms form’ that vfs India asks for after completion of the vfs web form for passport submission?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
hi. When you parents sent their passports for stamp what other documents did they send? What is the ‘courier and sms form’ that vfs India asks for after completion of the vfs web form for passport submission?
They are yet to send. Do let me know if you get the answers. Also, is it possible to submit passports in-person at Visa Application Center in Delhi?

newuser_trv

Sep 26, 2021
We applied on Oct 1 on GCKey and got the biometrics request on Oct 2 and submitted them on Oct 4. Following are some details which we are unclear of:
  1. The primary applicant's details are updated with biometrics number validity and all but the status is still Your Action is Required while the secondary's application turned to Submitted by Oct 7. I did submit a web form which was acknowledged a week later but no change
  2. How much time would it take for the approvals? Any approximations?

Last edited:

Ibtii10

Star Member
Oct 1, 2021
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
VISIT
Does anyone know if we MUST submit the vaccination certificate for TRV?

My purpose of visit is immediate family (spouse - PR)

Already submitted my application on 12th September (2nd time via GCKey) but still no response.

Im thinking maybe its not clear that Im exempted from the COVID restrictions

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Does anyone know if we MUST submit the vaccination certificate for TRV?

My purpose of visit is immediate family (spouse - PR)

Already submitted my application on 12th September (2nd time via GCKey) but still no response.

Im thinking maybe its not clear that Im exempted from the COVID restrictions
Vaccine may not be an issue because Visa has to be granted based on other factors.
- Do you have any travel history?
- What is the immigration status of your spouse in Canada?

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
We applied on Oct 1 on GCKey and got the biometrics request on Oct 2 and submitted them on Oct 4. Following are some details which we are unclear of:
  1. The primary applicants details are updated with biometrics number validity and all but the status is still Your Action is Required while the secondary's application turned to Submitted by Oct 7. I did submit a web form which was acknowledged a week later but no change
  2. How much time would it take for the approvals? Any approximations?
#1 happened with my parents too. You can write to them to fix it if you wish to.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Thanks for your response here. I did submit the webform but haven't heard back. Any other way to write to them?
In my case, we got the PPR in 2-3 days so I didn't write even though I was about to write. I think this is not that big an issue. See if the status stays the same for few more days. If it does, send them another form.

Pratik65

Jun 14, 2018
Can anyone let me know if Inland people can re-apply for TRV for themselves via new portal or we have to use the old GC Key way?

aasifjn

Oct 17, 2021
Has anyone applied from within the US or with a valid US visa?
I applied initially on April 10, and then submitted again on the IRCC portal on the 12th September. Still no response from IRCC.
Biometrics was completed on May 10th!

AnkithaP

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Has anyone applied from within the US or with a valid US visa?
I applied initially on April 10, and then submitted again on the IRCC portal on the 12th September. Still no response from IRCC.
Biometrics was completed on May 10th!
looking for some answers too for this..I see progress from other countries but none from US