+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Indian Passport and PR Card immigration

Part_time_Larry

Dec 11, 2022
I’m travelling back from Delhi to Canada next week. My passport was renewed few months ago so I‘ll be carrying only my new passport and PR card for immigration to Canada. Should I also carry my old passport for immigration? No visas are valid because they’ve expired. PR card is valid until next year.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I’m travelling back from Delhi to Canada next week. My passport was renewed few months ago so I‘ll be carrying only my new passport and PR card for immigration to Canada. Should I also carry my old passport for immigration? No visas are valid because they’ve expired. PR card is valid until next year.
Yes carry both passports in case . Your PR card is not linked to your passport anyway but no harm in carrying both passports.

Part_time_Larry

Dec 11, 2022
But I don’t have any active visas in the old passport. I can print copies of old passport front and last pages.

What happens to the visas stamped on the old passport after I get a renewed passport?
On renewal the old passport is cancelled but all the visa stamped on it remain valid till their expiry.